Separated, how much should I provide?

Options

Comments

• Takeaway_Addict
    Takeaway_Addict Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RAS wrote: »
    IME it takes a bit of things to take effect and sometimes it is challenging in the early stages.

All I can say in the end is that without that work I would not be where I am today (in a good way) and would have struggled to cope with some of the other things life threw at me meantime, so it was worth it long-term.

There is a long thread on the Old Style forum where people list 5 good things a day. You may or may not want to join but the basic premise is a good one; even if the good thing is four hours solid sleep, a supermarket bargain or the sight a loved flower or bird.
    its a good thing, makes you appreciative of the positive things, however small.

Stick with the psychologist Jack, you will have had changes occur even if you don't see them, the brain will be readjusting but it can take time.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been a long-time poster on that Thread RAS - glad it has lurkers, too.
    Jack, I'm just back from somewhere you would not want to be, followed by this, now in Cambridge for a month:
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorkshire-living/arts/art/partners-in-paint-brought-together-once-more-1-6137400
    Jovan Nicholson was wonderful. There are other worlds for all of us.
    Life throws up these stark contrasts to give us light and shade in every sense. If you have never been one to wander in to a Gallery, give it a try. Look at something. Find one thing you like. It does become a friend. Eventually you may start working out why it speaks to you. It's never a contest. Keep faith Jack - as we retain it in you.
    Do not lose sight of the fact that you are a good man.
    Find live music somewhere.
    Have you found your Library yet?
    You currently adjudge yourself to have done a not good thing - that is subjective and it is in the past tense.
    Keep taking simple care of yourself, prepare simple regular meals+a glass of wine, allow yourself occasional treats, avoid needy people, have book/radio with you in bed at night.
    Have you and your Dad managed any gardening recently?
    Thinking of you, with added pleasure that RAS - a poster I've long admired - so clearly understands where you are.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry jack , I must have lost the track - you surely must have said the court was postponed before.
    Yes ampersand , I chuckled at RAS in bracket comment , does say a lot to me. Shall look at your link now.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • ampersand
    Options
    Hello Jack - thinking of you and wondering how you are, how things are.

When you're ready.....regardless of this support being virtual, it is REAL, it is yours.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• JackRS
    JackRS Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi and thanks

Not much to report except my son has got a job as a waiter at a holiday camp close to his grandparents where he's living. This will be good as he'll be able to work in the college holidays and will help develop him by meeting new people etc.
    Regards

JackRS
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    That's great about your son...but how are YOU doing ?
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • JackRS
    Options
    Ah well that's not so easy to answer, I'm OK I guess, I've had about 8 counseling sessions with a psychologists trying to get me to have a more positive outlook. I'm not there yet and don't know i ever will be but trying.
    Regards

JackRS
  • ampersand
    edited 24 March 2014 at 2:20PM
    Options
    Jack, I feel like re-posting #1135, but that would be too :pmoi:D
    RAS, Duchy, justme, lieja, kelpie have ALL written so well[and that's just this page], but we know that until this feels real, comes alive for you, it isn't a can of beans.

It's right though, says She Who Must Be Obeyed.
    re: 'don't know I ever will be'
    Jack - will you please let us take care of this bit?
    Just hand it over and we'll see it on its way for you. Let it go.

You are a Good Man. Shall I say it again?

You, JackRS, are a Good Man.

All our caring thoughts continue, ready and waiting until you can take them up.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackRS wrote: »
    Ah well that's not so easy to answer, I'm OK I guess, I've had about 8 counseling sessions with a psychologists trying to get me to have a more positive outlook. I'm not there yet and don't know i ever will be but trying.

Jack I have every faith in you that you will get there.

You are a kind and caring person and it will take time for the wounds to heal.

Sometime we don't understand why we have to suffer so much sadness but in time it makes us a much better person.

Is there any more progress on the sale of your house?

Please look after yourself, because you are worth it.
  • JackRS
    Options
    Thanks again.

No offers for house so far this year.
    Regards

JackRS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories