🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Separated, how much should I provide?

Options

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    A very different Christmas is probably a great idea...... even if I think you're barking to consider surfing in current conditions !! :)

Merry Christmas Jack xx
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 December 2013 at 9:34PM
    Options
    Haha weather good , think yourself duchy - if one is in the water already why would one care about raindrops , I was after a surfing session on New years day as will be in newquay , shame all schools will be closed and we do not have all needed gear , lucky jack has a surfing mate who will oblige , its a dream option for Christmas , in future years you may look back to this Christmas and think how lucky you were., enjoy xx.
    Re loan - well do not think you would get a better rate elsewhere , looks reasonable. Although preferred option would be to just drag it without paying any interest :D .
    Ps. It's scary how vulnerable one is in children's aspect , no other's people one smile and one thanks can either break or make one's Christmas , glad it is the latter.for you , Jack
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JackRS
    JackRS Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm in st.Ives in a lovely place that has wi-fi. looks like a great week for windsurfing so I'm taking advantage of my freedom to sail over this period including Christmas day. We've been asking around if anywhere is surving Christmas dinner in the evening but no where is open so far? Not that either of is bothered, we're both good cooks so we thought we'd have a change and buy some nice fish and cook it up ourselves. We can treat it like any other day as I've only a present from my daughter to open. The only thing is this is the first Christmas I've not been with my daughter and I know that's upsetting her and me. I'll speak to her obviously.
    Regards

JackRS
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,568 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure which way the wind is blowing down there Jack.
    With luck, you'll be whipped across white-tops straight into Leclerc, Calais...best keep passport down wetsuit just in case.
    Quick Google for 'Christmas Day lunch St Ives' brings up loads of possibilities:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=christmas+day+lunch+in+st+ives+cornwall&rlz=1C1GGIT_enGB308GB353&oq=christmas+day+in+st+ives&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6653j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
    -but I like the sound of your joint chef-dom too.
    We'll all be keeping an eye out for you over the next few days, so take care, take a glass, take time out.
    Very best wishes to you and your caring mate. I think justme's got it about right:
    'lucky jack has a surfing mate who will oblige, its a dream option for Christmas , in future years you may look back to this Christmas and think how lucky you were., enjoy xx.'

The quality's not great, but I love this from the Spooky Men's Chorale:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7GRUw7umts

Spooky Surfing, naturally.'You gotta be the ocean, gotta be the wave.'
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• justme111
    Options
    Sorry off topic - ampersand , every time I read your posts I think "I ought to try whatever he/she takes/smokes " :D
    The wind here is mind and all other objects blowing , passport would indeed be in.order although if it blows west one would need american visa.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JackRS
    JackRS Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ampersand wrote: »
    Not sure which way the wind is blowing down there Jack.
    With luck, you'll be whipped across white-tops straight into Leclerc, Calais...best keep passport down wetsuit just in case.
    Quick Google for 'Christmas Day lunch St Ives' brings up loads of possibilities:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=christmas+day+lunch+in+st+ives+cornwall&rlz=1C1GGIT_enGB308GB353&oq=christmas+day+in+st+ives&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6653j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
    -but I like the sound of your joint chef-dom too.
    We'll all be keeping an eye out for you over the next few days, so take care, take a glass, take time out.
    Very best wishes to you and your caring mate. I think justme's got it about right:
    'lucky jack has a surfing mate who will oblige, its a dream option for Christmas , in future years you may look back to this Christmas and think how lucky you were., enjoy xx.'

The quality's not great, but I love this from the Spooky Men's Chorale:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7GRUw7umts

Spooky Surfing, naturally.'You gotta be the ocean, gotta be the wave.'

Thanks but it was evening we were looking for as plan to be on the water at lunch time, but will look into it.
    Regards

JackRS
  • ampersand
    Options
    Ah yes, apologies Jack.
    ###
    Her doubtless dishonorable ancience here, just me, Honorable Member of the Buspass Precariat[2nd issue], survivor extraordinaire and have never smoked a thing. Loathed it from childhood in a family of fumeurs...well, that was the very early 50's and colonial to boot.
    Many old Newquay memories though. Hope you can get out there.
    Just heard on R4 that even bigger 2nd storm surge should be riding in then too.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• justme111
    Options
    God that's ancient indeed !:P hope I would get the same chilled disposition when I apply for my bass pass . Merry Christmas !
  • ampersand
    Options
    So I am xty-x in your Earth years, but number is merely a human construct.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersand
    Options
    Now now Jack - what's that green light doing on? You are supposed to be out on the water....may be you are, hope so.

Enjoy this day, your first very different Christmas, future building block.

Blessings to you and mate and a decent red with whatever you end up cooking.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport