£21,000 to pay off -but we will do it this time.

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Thankyou ladies for dropping by, I'm feeling a bit brighter today :).

Payday today :j, so I'm putting last month behind me (well the money side). It was nice to see a little extra from payrise.

I have transferred £100.98 into savings, random amount I know but I had promised myself on payday £100 would be transferred straight away and the 98p was to tidy the account up:D.

Today on way home from work I shall nip to mr T as its the closest supermarket to work I could go to ald! but its out of the way of work so would need to drive an extra 4/5 miles + the extra time it takes + I have some vouchers for Mr T that need using on things I need to buy. I have £3 in purse so will withdraw £60 as £62.50 in my weekly goal, I will stay in budget this month.

Just over 3 weeks at work until the summer hols and i really can't wait, although I still not sure which class or what my hours will be next year, but I think they will be staying the same.

Hope everyones ok, take care PWPS.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Nipped to Mr T and managed to get everything on my list as well as a couple of extra things that were on offer, but still remained in budget, I spent £52.40 :D,I'm really pleased. I have put the extra £10.10p into my loose change tin so if i need anythng during the week it is there just in case but I think we should be ok.

Also DS needs a fancy dress costume for a party he is going to, been looking online for one he wants and they are a small fortune, so I nipped into a local fabric shop and managed to get 2m of fabric for a fiver, which is brilliant it was cheap as it has a sight flaw in it, so need to spend a couple of hours this week making that.

Hope all is well, PWPS.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good morning, although I'm feeling like death warmed up another awful nights sleep :(.

Banking checked this morning and a couple of DD have gone out which has left account looking untidy, so I have TT 98p across to savings:).

Another beautiful day outside so I'm going to hang out the washing I put on last night and put another load on to wash and hopefully weather will still be nice when I get in from work and can hang that lot out.

DS won cricket match so was a very happy boy, DD seems to have a permanent strop on I think it's age and hormones so trying to ignore it as much as possible.

Need to post a ebay parcel today postage covered for that but do need a couple of stamps and also think I may need petrol.

Starting to feel like I've got my old fire back regarding money saving, sat and did some surveys, green redeem and nectar adpoints last night.

Hope evryone is ok, have a good day.
    PWPS.x.
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Catching up Penny :)

Keep going it will all sort itself out. I am sure you are counting the days until school is out.

Take care
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning sweetpea, I certainly am counting days down, so looking forward to not having to get up and rush around like a mad thing.

SO today looks like another glorious day, so I will try and get some more washing dry, although I will have to hang it out on hangers as I need to buy a new washing line, won't get time to do this until Friday.

Must, must, must get fuel today car is running on fumes:eek:.

Banking check, small TT made of 87p and had statement through from letting company so rent money should be in account in the next couple of days:).

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather.x.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning It's very dark and overcast :(, I've really been enjoying the sunshine. Better not hang any washing out.

Not much to update, checked banking and rent money has been paid, not stray pennies in current account so no TT, check newv!sta survey account and looks as though I've hit £50 and been sent a cheque so fingers crossed I get that in the next couple of weeks as then I will have hit uniform target for this month :D.

Couple of spends yesterday £25 on fuel, £8 for school trip for both children and 70p on some fruit for work as I forgot mine yesterday:(.

Today is a bit of a mad day, work all day, then back to kids school at 6 for a meeting and then I'm going to see my friend who is having a rough time, which may cost me a few pounds as I'm going to try and get her out of the house for an hour and pour a couple of drinks down her:D, I know she needs it.

Have a good day.x.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Already been a crazy morning, been on a hamster hunt and luckily we managed to find her she had built herself a lovely home under the sofa, she had obviously been very busy all night, well it's back to the cage little lady.

Met friend last night who is not in a good place, spent £15 on drinks, but at least I had her smiling by the end of the night.

Went into bedrooms this morning to find neither child has school uniform :mad:, why is it I have to remember everything, i had loads on last night and DH couldn't even be bothered to ask kids if they needed everything for school because he was tired, I wish I could walk through the door and not have to think of anything because work was finished for the day. I might just forget to cook tea tonight:D.

Banking check and a small TT of 80p made to uniform fund which is slowly adding up.

Off to have a shower and see what the day has in store.x.
  • Northern_Lassy
    Options
    Well done re-capturing the hamster! My daughter has one who lets himself out of his cage, has an adventure, then puts himself back, epic! Men can be thoughtless, they just don't seem to see what needs to be done... I am in thrifty mode and had an expedition to the Ald! on the front, I spent £70 and got so much stuff that I could barely push the trolly, I WILL stick to my meal plan too, am feeling determined :) x
    'Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses' - Confucious

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi NL, that is so funny about your hammy, I don't think ours would be up for taking itself back.
    I just love Aldi, it's such a good feeling when you have a trolley full and know it would have cost twice as much at one of the other supermarkets

Yesterday ended up being a spend day and I'm really cross with myself, forgot my lunch so ended up spending £2.50 on a sandwich, had a really bad day at work and was soooo drained and I had loads to do when I got home that I stupidly decided to nip to sainsbugs and get something quick for tea as I couldn't be bothered making a lasagne ended up spending £42 :eek: on carp, wine, ch0colate, sweets, cream cakes, did manage to get some reduced bread and sausages and DH some razor blades which cost a flipping fortune, but most of it was rubbish that was not needed, I'm so cross with myself :(.

Did manage to redeem a £5 M&S voucher from a survey site, will use it for school socks for DD.

Checked banking and have made a small TT of 97p.

Off to get kids up and start washing, I hope the weather stays fine.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, woken up with a stonking cold, can tell it's getting to the end of term as I'm feeling so run down.

Ended up going out with DH on Saturday night we don't get a chance to go out very often together so that was a nice change and we had a great night, did spend £50 though:o.

Sold a BIN on ebay this weekend so that's £4.50 gone into the uniform pot, also redeemed £40 from 0nep0ll :D, probably won't get that until next month though.

Have also TT 80p into school uniform pot this morning, it's all adding up slowly.

Meal plan done yesterday and I will pop to ald1 today, need to come in under budget as was very over last week in the end with my tired sainsbug shop:(, HM quiche tonight for tea and falafel burgers tomorrow, all nice and cheap.

Minimum payment to T3sco CC left bank account today, but the cheque I sent to hal1fax CC hasn't cleared yet, i hate waiting for cheques to clear it's ridiculous in this day and age that you still have to wait so long, it's also ridiculous that hal1fax don't let you pay by debit card online :mad:, both my tesco and barc card CC let you pay online with a debit card and it makes life much easier for making little over payments.

Hope everyone is ok, take care.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure