£21,000 to pay off -but we will do it this time.

Options

Comments

• Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    :beer:yeah to getting shot of tax credits:j:j
    Hope the feeling of dread has gone, have the same but mine is because I'm waiting for the letter from the trustee to say they have been signed off our case and it really is all over:eek:

Is it worth making a list of all the niggly things at the back of your mind and see if that helps?
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Well I thought I'd better pop back on and update, it's been an awful month in more ways than one...............

1) total overspend this month borrowed £50 out of DS account which needs paying back as soon as I get paid and also had to put £75 ON cc.

2) late payment made to hal!fax CC so I know that i@m going to get a late payment charge

3) My closest friend has had something devastating happen to her and has really needed me, so meal planning and debt busting has gone out of the window.

4) A few people on MSE know that I have cut a certain person out of my life and I thought I had managed to get away from them, sadly this person has returned and has managed to get my contact details in a underhand manner and has really turned my life upside down leaving my quite anxious and on edge.

I'm seriously considering starting a new diary as this one is starting to feel very negative and a fresh start maybe what I need, not sure as my head is all over te place at the minute.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi pwps sorry to hear things haven't been going to plan.
    Particularly the unwelcome contact. Is there anything you can do to put a stop to it?

On the CC front could you call Halifax and see if they'd waiver the late payment charge?

Sending you 'Hugs'. Try and keep your chin up, you know where we are. Xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Hope things settle down Penny and the bad stuff has passed.
    I'm missing your food updates:D xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Thankyou ladies your kind words mean a lot to me at the minute.

Yesterday evening OH was out with friends so I decided to concentrate on things that are in my control and managed to get a few things done.

Did a budget for July.
    Meal plan for the week.
    Shopping list.
    listed 3 things on ebay.

1 item sold overnight on ebay as I listed the items as BIN, only £2.50 but its a start for the month of July.

Goals for July -
    Save £150 towards DD school uniform.
    Only spend £250 on groceries for the month (£62.50 a week)
    Over pay £50 to Tesc0 CC.

Only small things but I need to get back into the MSE mindset as I'm really struggling to stay in control at the minute.

Today is a stay at home day, i want to deep clean the kitchen, make cakes and do the mountain of ironing on the dining table which has been there for the past 10 days:o.

I need to keep telling myself baby steps at the minute and that I have the whole school holidays to empty cupboards and wardrobes.

SOrry turned into a bit of a ramble and I'm not sure much of it made sense.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Big hugs from me too Xx

Concentrating only on those things within your control is a very good place to start!

I'm glad i'm not the only person with a pile of ironing on their dining table!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    I'm 'ironing' via MSE at the moment - or am I hiding from the children!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    All the ironing off the table has been done, but I've washed and dried 5 loads of washing today all dried outside :D, have ironed some of it as I've brought it in but some still out so will do later.

Made scones instead of cake as have some double cream that needs using, so cream scones for pud tonight nom nom. Also cooked a gammon for tea and leftovers will do for sandwiches tomorrow.

Sorted school letter and Dinner money out, DS has a cricket match tomorrow so need to make sure he has all his kit.

Think that is everything for today, oh no I also transferred ebay money into savings account.

Take care PWPS.x.
  • Magsnoodle
    Magsnoodle Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya,

I think it is a good idea to concentrate on what you can control. I have spent a lot of time worrying about things I have no control over and it just eats away at us in a negative way. Hope things are seeming more manageable now.

Take care and good luck with the month ahead...

TTFN and Hugs xxx
    E.F. #38 240.55/1000 SPC8 #375
    DFBXmas 2015 #162 18554 /18554 100%
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no Pennywise, sounds like youve had a rough time recently.

You sound very positive today though so keep it up xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family