🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pipex Problems

Options

Comments

• soba
    soba Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Joe_L wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but the fact that you paid them money that you did not owe them, means you are enabling them to carry on this fraudulent behaviour. All too often I'm reading that people are caving in to these unscrupulous practices from Pipex/Tiscali and therefore encouraging it's continuation. If you have proof of the date that you cancelled, then you'd have no worries in court and perhaps could have claimed compensation for lost earings and inconvenience.

I've just been to my bank (Abbey, as despicable a bank as Pipex/Tiscali is an ISP) and found out that Pipex have attempted to set up a direct debit without my authorisation. Following a conversation that I had with a foreign operator for Pipex/Tiscali this morning, it's apparent that they've already tried to direct debit my account on July 17 and August 17, even though I paid the quarterly bill on 12 July. Since I'm closing my Abbey current account, no doubt they're going to be ringing me up asking for dosh, well they'll get what they are owed and not a penny more.

Now back to my original question: can someone tell me who I contact to cancel please:huh:

I too am having a tragic experience with Pipex which led me to moneysupermarket via a google search where I found the below extract of a recent (nov 08) post:-

Don't give up! Although it took a lot of perseverance, I have at last won my battle with Pipex Internet. After suffering at the hands of Pipex's customer services/relations/care team for more than 3 months, I wrote a letter to Pipex Internet Ltd, The Icon, Lytton Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 1AL. I laid out all of my grievances and stated clearly what I wanted Pipex to do to remedy the situation.
    A few days later I received a letter from a Richard Hemes, High Level Complaints Executive, apologising for the problems that I'd encountered and agreeing to meet my demands in full. These included refunding the over-payments extracted from me under threat by Pipex's debt collection agency and paying me over £200 in compensation. I received Pipex's cheque for the full amount 28 days later. The letter from Mr Hemes contained the phone number given above together with the fax number 01438 363880.
    The compensation that Pipex paid me will cover the cost of my broadband service with my new provider, O2, for the next two and a half years. I call that a good result!
    I've have also "persuaded" Pipex's debt collection agency to donate £50 to a charity of my choice as a "gesture of goodwill", after complaining to them about unjustified harassment.
    So, fellow Pipex sufferers, it can be done.

Soba
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    soba wrote: »
    I too am having a tragic experience with Pipex which led me to moneysupermarket via a google search where I found the below extract of a recent (nov 08) post:-

Don't give up! Although it took a lot of perseverance, I have at last won my battle with Pipex Internet. After suffering at the hands of Pipex's customer services/relations/care team for more than 3 months, I wrote a letter to Pipex Internet Ltd, The Icon, Lytton Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 1AL. I laid out all of my grievances and stated clearly what I wanted Pipex to do to remedy the situation.
    A few days later I received a letter from a Richard Hemes, High Level Complaints Executive, apologising for the problems that I'd encountered and agreeing to meet my demands in full. These included refunding the over-payments extracted from me under threat by Pipex's debt collection agency and paying me over £200 in compensation. I received Pipex's cheque for the full amount 28 days later. The letter from Mr Hemes contained the phone number given above together with the fax number 01438 363880.
    The compensation that Pipex paid me will cover the cost of my broadband service with my new provider, O2, for the next two and a half years. I call that a good result!
    I've have also "persuaded" Pipex's debt collection agency to donate £50 to a charity of my choice as a "gesture of goodwill", after complaining to them about unjustified harassment.
    So, fellow Pipex sufferers, it can be done.

Soba

My story is very similar to yours, after being a Pipex customer for 12 years, I put a complaint through ISPA rather than battle with CS any longer. It took three online complaints from May until yesterday when I finally received a cheque from Pipex :D

http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/page_40.html
  • WEEGIE
    WEEGIE Posts: 11,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ourgrandpa wrote: »
    Just a note to all you mugs (yes, I include myself) who have spent fortunes waiting on the Pipex customer "NON" service 0871 telephone line for some totally unhelpful person to take a call.........well, DON'T DO IT ANY MORE!
    Despite being told it's the only number you can call on - IT'S A BARE FACED LIE.
    In future call on 02033028403 or 02033028404 or 02033028401 or 02033028402 or 020790611000
    They'll probably still keep you waiting for ages , but at least you'll not be feeding the Pipex coffers at the rate of 10p per minute while they hold you on the line indefinately.
    I have phoned the numbers you quote on several occasions and it works a treat, but I think they may now have a device to charge you the 0871 rate when they transfer you to another department. I was with Toucan until Toucan migrated all their customers to Pipex. I am thinking of changing as I have had nothing but problems with Pipex.
    Like good food and drink?
    Try Hotel Chocolat and Baileys.
    :drool: :drool: :smiley:
  • gezzs
    gezzs Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    honey61 wrote: »

The above link is for ISPA, which in hindsight I should have included in my previous message.

If I am correct, this link should be used to submit your complaint before contacting CISAS (I believe it carries more weight with CISAS at a later stage).

The ISPA site has an online complaints form & is easy to use.

My apologies for the confusion, but this is the first time I have used a forum!!

If you follow the link above - it does state they are only able to review cases for MEMBERS of ISPA - which Pipex/Talktalk are not (according to the member list).
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gezzs wrote: »
    If you follow the link above - it does state they are only able to review cases for MEMBERS of ISPA - which Pipex/Talktalk are not (according to the member list).

Possibly, but the post is 15 months old. :cool:
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • gezzs
    gezzs Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    spud17 wrote: »
    Possibly, but the post is 15 months old. :cool:

Yes - I saw the post was old - but I'm sure there will be others like me that are having problems with this bunch of jokers.

The current organisation to complain to are OTELO (otelo.org.uk) which Pipex are members of.
  • skymarine
    Options
    gezzs wrote: »
    Yes - I saw the post was old - but I'm sure there will be others like me that are having problems with this bunch of jokers.

The current organisation to complain to are OTELO (otelo.org.uk) which Pipex are members of.

Have tried sending letters of complaint to Pipex at some PO box, also to debt collection agency (PO box, also) who are harassing me for a non-existent debt on Pipex's behalf. Will give otelo a go.

Does anyone know if by failure to provide a service - in this case an internet connection - which is being paid for, whether Pipex themselves are in breach of contract or similar?
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    skymarine wrote: »
    [/B]

Have tried sending letters of complaint to Pipex at some PO box, also to debt collection agency (PO box, also) who are harassing me for a non-existent debt on Pipex's behalf. Will give otelo a go.

Does anyone know if by failure to provide a service - in this case an internet connection - which is being paid for, whether Pipex themselves are in breach of contract or similar?

I have the same problem although I left Pipex two years ago.
    I replied to the PO box number as well, have now received a 'letter before action' so the debt collection letter will arrive soon, for a debt which isn't mine, the account number isn't mine and I didn't have their homecall service anyway which they have been threatening to cut off for the past two years !
  • lillythedog
    Options
    I am experiencing exactly the same problems. Pipex would not accept cancelation by phone or e-mail. Only when I cancelled the direct debit, after they doubled the charge with no notice, did they show any interest. The are just compounding the charges and ignoring the cancellation which I sent recorded.
    They call and demand money but still will not accept cancelation. Its like dealing with the !!!!!.
  • Heather25
    Heather25 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Just tried to get an explanation for a debt collection bill from Pipex i received today for an account 4 years ago. Unless I gave the debt collection agency my date of birth and telephone number they couldn't give me any details. When I phoned Pipex they told me it was for a balance left over from 4 years ago which I wasn't due. Apparently they had renewed an contract even after being told we were ending the contract and moving house. We had given them plenty of notice and asked for a Mac Code before moving house. At the time I must have spent hours phoning them and being told that's it sorted now. I kept asking for something in writing but nothing ever materialised. And here we are being haunted all over again. Does anyone know who Pipex is - are they Opal, Talk talk or what? My business is with Opal and my home is with Talk talk but if I'd known they'd any connection (no pun intended) I'd never have joined.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport