🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pipex Problems

Options

Comments

• Blackjack_Davy
    Options
    It's a pity you didn't check out the forums on https://www.thinkbroadband.com before you signed up or you'd find no end of angry complaints regarding Pipex. I've just escaped from them myself and what a relief to be free at last. Pipex are rapidly becoming the next Tiscali.
    Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit the Internet.
  • Gazpablo
    Gazpablo Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Postscript to 2 March post:

good job I wrote to my bank to cancel the monthly Pipex direct debit because guess what, having migrated to a new service provider on 26 February, Pipex attempted to action a monthly direct debit of £23.44 just over two weeks later (and I specifically timed the MAC request to give effectively 30 days notice as per their contract). You cannot trust these people and you need to give your bank clear written notice otherwise you'll be out of pocket.
  • susan_haruel07
    Options
    PIPEX PROBLEMS ?

Mr Mike Read
    Chief Executive
    PIPEX Communicatins UK Ltd
    Portland Street
    Beeston
    Nottingham
    NG9 2LP

Fax: 0115 877 0213

Or call Peter Dubyens, Chairman
    PIPEX Communications on Tel: +44 (0) 20 7766 6909

:money:
    professional mum and bargain hunter
  • chrispyphillips
    Options
    WOW :eek:

Thanks for this Susan, I've just written a stinking letter to Pipex and wanted to copy it to the Head Office, this looks even better!!!!!!

I'll make sure to send it to Pipex CommunicatiOns though ;)

Thank you, great Help!!!! :T
  • chrispyphillips
    Options
    A few people may know of my disdain for Pipex on these pages. Well, I hate them, and now, I have more reasons to hate them.

Firstly I was promised 2 free months back in January, which I still havent had, and this month was charged £6.50, ON TOP of my monthly payment, for unknown services. When I queried this, they had no idea what this payment was for, and could not even audit it cos the only payment shown is the £14.99 monthly charge.

I am sending a letter to them with my statement for proof of this in a hope to receive a refund (not too hopeful though) but does anyone have a web page/phone number of a company I can ring/email to get advice on all my problems with them? I would like to find out about the legalities of them taking this money without my authorisation but dont want to get in contact with a solicitor as it'll probably cost me more that £6.50!!! ;)

I'm sure i've seen mention of an independent company who look into broadband cowboys, and would really appreciate it if someone knew of this , or anywhere else I can get in touch with someone to find out if what they're doin is legal and proffessional!!
  • skiddy2k
    skiddy2k Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Options
    If its not their department and they get letters re:CS, they'll bin it because they dont have the time to have a CS role... or they'll hand it down to other people (and might get lost)... worth a try i suppose still
  • chrispyphillips
    Options
    Anyone? :confused:
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ofcom requires all communication providers to be a member of an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. Pipex are supposed to be members of CISAS. Good luck.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • chrispyphillips
    Options
    Thanks Espresso, I remembered offcom this morning!!! :o

Will get on their website a little later! might have to make a phone call for a specific answer, customer service emails with ALL companies are terrible templates these days!
  • ffffffff_2
    ffffffff_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    A few people may know of my disdain for Pipex on these pages. Well, I hate them, and now, I have more reasons to hate them.

Firstly I was promised 2 free months back in January, which I still havent had, and this month was charged £6.50, ON TOP of my monthly payment, for unknown services. When I queried this, they had no idea what this payment was for, and could not even audit it cos the only payment shown is the £14.99 monthly charge.

I am sending a letter to them with my statement for proof of this in a hope to receive a refund (not too hopeful though) but does anyone have a web page/phone number of a company I can ring/email to get advice on all my problems with them? I would like to find out about the legalities of them taking this money without my authorisation but dont want to get in contact with a solicitor as it'll probably cost me more that £6.50!!! ;)

I'm sure i've seen mention of an independent company who look into broadband cowboys, and would really appreciate it if someone knew of this , or anywhere else I can get in touch with someone to find out if what they're doin is legal and proffessional!!

If you are charged by direct debit, why not contact your bank to get your money back?! You should be protected by DD garantee sheme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport