🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Competitions with real fur as a prize & comments in comp posts

Options

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kirri wrote: »
    So true!

Posts need a clear and concise indication of what is on offer.

If not, it is fair to add the missing and important information.
    Luckyone wrote: »
    I agree, the above info would be needed if someone forgot to put it, & many many people do in a day & i do not bump them

I do so love it when I'm right (she says modestly) :rotfl:

Now all we need do is agree on when a bump is and isn't needed...
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Anyway,

I have taken my pain meds now & they make me sleepy think my heads going to hit the key board :rotfl:

So I'm logging off for the day

Hope everyone is a winner tomorrow

Sleep well

Night xxx
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Luckyone wrote: »
    Purple_x dislike to fur is not needed on the main comp board, she can make a thread in the comp section

Right, she said she wouldn't be entering and stated it was real fur in the same post. What does it really matter if one comment didn't really belong in that one post?

I've added info to threads before, i've also said thanks for the comp, am I not allowed to do that?
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Juzza12 wrote: »
    Right, she said she wouldn't be entering and stated it was real fur in the same post. What does it really matter if one comment didn't really belong in that one post?

I've added info to threads before, i've also said thanks for the comp, am I not allowed to do that?

Just caught this one,

Neither comment was needed! do we care if Purple enters a comp or not? NO so it should not of been bumped

Night
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Nothing to apologise for, you are not responsible for the bumping that followed the post or the fact that the prize bothered some people.

Original post said it was fur there was no reason for it to be pointed out again any more than pointing out that a prize for sausages contained meat.

It wasn't being pointed out again, it was being corrected/clarified. OP didn't realise or state it was real fur though so it was valid for that to be added.
  • Moneybot
    Options
    I've added info to threads before,yes i've also said thanks for the comp, no am I not allowed to do that?

To reiterate extra info needed for the comp yes saying thanks no. Unless you say thanks in a post where you have added extra info needed...

• EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This entire thread feels like banging our heads against a brick wall so I'm gonna go to bed.

It's ok to say that because I'm in the chat section, right?
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moneybot wrote: »
    To reiterate extra info needed for the comp yes saying thanks no. Unless you say thanks in a post where you have added extra info needed...

Yeah it's always is the same post not seperate ones.
  • Moneybot
    Options
    Yeah it's always is the same post not seperate ones.

Totally fine then...

Mind you it would depend on the quality of the additional information you added to the comp post :cool:

• OneYorkshireLass
    OneYorkshireLass Posts: 3,166 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 3 April 2013 at 11:17PM
    Options
    renegadia wrote: »
    JUST ALL GIVE IT A BLOODY REST!!!!!

Can see this thread disappearing overnight... night all

*turns off instant email subscription for the thread*

Sorry, just popped back in and have skimmed the thread, but wanted to say that this is why people never sort out their differences on here. Threads either disappear because they get reported or descend into personal insults and get locked.

So I was hoping people could talk out the current problem of bumping threads like adults and not be treated like children.

There's so many little niggles people have with each other and the ways of running the board that surely it's better to discuss + agree/disagree and maybe find some way to all use this board in harmony rather than having disputes with each other that run, and run, and run.

I didn't want the current 'fur' thread to escalate like the last one did, but IMO there's no problem with posting it.

We were given the chat area for a reason - to stop chat on the comp threads. TBH if I were in MSE Towers I think I would've gotten sick of all of us by now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport