🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

FREE Software Unlock For Nokia BB5 6630,6680,6681,N70,N71 N90 and N91

Options

Comments

• SpaceCoyote
    Options
    Thanks for this information.

Where did you get the working cable from in the end?

I have a N70 I would like to unlock, but I don't want to order random cables from eBay and risk getting ones that don't work.
  • rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for this information.

Where did you get the working cable from in the end?

I have a N70 I would like to unlock, but I don't want to order random cables from eBay and risk getting ones that don't work.

Err, you could have read the messages...page 3 post 58 (mine) I gave an ebay item number the same as the product I purchased. As that item has now ended I'll put the whole link......all you need to do is get one the same as the one in the picture....I'd assume most are advertising as unlock cable now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190114456511&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D190114456511%26fvi%3D1
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
  • laziru1108
    Options
    Million thanks to DEJAN, greenleaf and other contributors. I have successfully unlock my Nokia N70 lock to 3.

Cheers
  • greenleaf_420
    Options
    laziru1108 wrote: »
    Million thanks to DEJAN, greenleaf and other contributors. I have successfully unlock my Nokia N70 lock to 3.

Cheers
    congatulations...now you can use the NSS program to change the phones branding and then use Nokia Update Service to get rid of that '3' network branding in the phone.
  • jhimhs
    jhimhs Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Nokia 6630 locked on Orange, and i want to use Dejan's BB5 unlocker so i can move to T-mobile, ive bought a Dku-5 cable (it isn't nokia made) but im having problems getting it to work.
    Ive installed the nokia cable driver, and the latest version of Nokia PC Suite, when i go to "get connected", it displays "Nokia 6630 Serial Cable", but when i select it, it doesn't connect, and ive checked the COM port settings.
    Ive tried to change the cable driver to the usb2vcom.sys that greenleaf suggested, but it hasnt worked, when i try and change it, it just reverts to the original automatically.
    Can someone help me pls?
  • greenleaf_420
    Options
    UN-install anything to do with nokia...including PC Suite as the driver won't allow it to connect.
    then when you are asked for drivers with the program...locate the driver manually...just a suggestion... it doesn't use the same driver as Pc suite
  • jhimhs
    jhimhs Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Tried it, but it didnt remove the drivers, and when i removed them from the folder manually, and selected the usb2vcom.sys driver, it just said, "this driver contains no information about your hardware". :mad:

Any more ideas?
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    under device manager does it show an assigned com port under com ports?
    ummm...
  • JAYMARSH2005
    JAYMARSH2005 Posts: 2,718 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A guy has just emailed me with a question I#m not sure of the answer to, he has unlocked a BB5 phone by code, (he has not stated what model)

He keeps getting a small lock icon in the corner of the screen when a vodafone sim is in the phone, he has tried more than 1 voda sim in it and it does the same plus the auto time update doesnt work in the phone,also sometimes he has to turn the phone on and off to send a txt or ring out does tried diffrent networks no locks in corner of screen, could this be he has a low siganl or could it be anything else. Cheers Guys
  • gaming_guy
    gaming_guy Posts: 6,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A guy has just emailed me with a question I#m not sure of the answer to, he has unlocked a BB5 phone by code, (he has not stated what model)

He keeps getting a small lock icon in the corner of the screen when a vodafone sim is in the phone, he has tried more than 1 voda sim in it and it does the same plus the auto time update doesnt work in the phone,also sometimes he has to turn the phone on and off to send a txt or ring out does tried diffrent networks no locks in corner of screen, could this be he has a low siganl or could it be anything else. Cheers Guys

does this help?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family