We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• NeonGeon
    Options
    Of all the dealings I have had on TopCashBack, GoCompare is one that didn't pay out and I will never use them again.

Tracked at zero and stayed like this for over a year.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@Kim_13 - You can earn cashback on these. I would advise you to click through both when you bid and when you pay.

@NeonGeon - If this moves to confirmed at £0 I would advise lodging a claim so we can take a closer look into this for you and try and overturn the decision.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm worried about missing out on the £2.50 bonus as I made a purchase late yesterday evening (before midnight) on eBay and my eBay transactions don't seem to ever track? I think there were reports of an issue with eBay? I'll probably end up doing a manual claim as I did a test using the customer care claim procedure and I could select the time from yesterday but will leave it longer even though it probably won't appear in my earnings. Do I have a hope of that succeeding?
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    martyp wrote: »
    I'm worried about missing out on the £2.50 bonus as I made a purchase late yesterday evening (before midnight) on eBay and my eBay transactions don't seem to ever track? I think there were reports of an issue with eBay? I'll probably end up doing a manual claim as I did a test using the customer care claim procedure and I could select the time from yesterday but will leave it longer even though it probably won't appear in my earnings. Do I have a hope of that succeeding?

Ebay is slightly different to 'normal' transactions and takes a few days for the purchase to track into your account. Exactly the same with Quidco, I've done many of their similar bonus offers via Ebay.
    You should see it tracked in your account by Wednesday, if not tomorrow. if not showing by say Thursday, then you may need a claim.
    I'd gamble on it appearing within the next two days though, along with your bonus.
    I only do 'buy it now' though and not bidding. I have read of issues with bidding tracking. It shouldn't be an issue though if you've visited via TCB, won and paid in a single visit.
    Good luck.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Bugalugs
    Bugalugs Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Transaction 3rd September - states 12 weeks for 'estimated payable' - has been at 'confirmed' for ages, but no change to 'payable'. Now coming up to 20 weeks. Is my money now sitting gaining interest for TCB? It's 'convenient' that I have always had to chase up larger claims - either on here or via Ticket.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@martyp - eBay do take 2-3 days to track to your account and so this may still track. If it doesn't please lodge a claim as normal and mention about the bonus as we will award this if the terms

@Bugalugs - We are not gaining interest - the issue with this is that the money for it hasn't reached our accounts yet which is the only reason it hasn't progressed for you.

If you email details of your purchase to mse@topcashback.co.uk we will look into this for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Nigel1
    Nigel1 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gav501 wrote: »
    Anyone have problems with topcashback? I very really use cashback sites, only on big purchases and yearly for my car insurance. I have had to put in two claims in the last 6 months and they've both been declined. They didnt track my claims both times. They've sent me a message saying they wasnt the last merchant. I have now missed out on £55 cashback. Now am i missing something or do they refuse cashback every now and again for there own benefit. I always clear my cookies etc before. I will never use them again.
    Who shall i use next?
    Thanks

Yes, I've been using TCB for several years and been happy with them until the last 6 months. In that time, I've now had 4 bona fide purchases declined for cashback all using the same excuse that the merchant "cannot find it" (merchants being Green Flag, AllPosters, Kwikfit and MoreThan, if anyone is having similar problems), even though I've challenged it manually.
    Time to try imutual, methinks...
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nigel1 wrote: »
    Yes, I've been using TCB for several years and been happy with them until the last 6 months. In that time, I've now had 4 bona fide purchases declined for cashback all using the same excuse that the merchant "cannot find it" (merchants being Green Flag, AllPosters, Kwikfit and MoreThan, if anyone is having similar problems), even though I've challenged it manually.
    Time to try imutual, methinks...

Easy to get your money from the financials (Green Flag and More Than), just register a mis-selling complaint. Mis-selling due to non-payment of promoted cashback for purchasing a product.
    I have a complaint in with More Than myself now and have actually received an acknowledgement letter today, They have until the 18th March to resolve, or it will go to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
    For Green Flag, try U K Insurance Limited for your complaint.
    If your Kwik Fit was for a financial product, take them on too.
    TCB have gone hill enormously, but much longer than 6 months! You really need to concentrate on getting the cashback yourself now and TCB are very naughty with their promotions. What you see and what you receive differ massively!

Imutual is worth a look, but worth registering with many cashback sites to be fair. Imitual often beat TCB and Quidco and have that important 'Cashback Guarantee'. Not on all offers, but look for that white tick in the yellow circle. See the difference too with 'customer care'. ;)
    Good luck.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bugalugs wrote: »
    Transaction 3rd September - states 12 weeks for 'estimated payable' - has been at 'confirmed' for ages, but no change to 'payable'. Now coming up to 20 weeks. Is my money now sitting gaining interest for TCB? It's 'convenient' that I have always had to chase up larger claims - either on here or via Ticket.

Your money won't be sitting gaining interest, more like the current spate of TCB marketing mischievously.
    I have a complaint in with More Than with the TCB marketing material and have just today received an initial letter from them.
    What TCB promote and the reality, differs massively.
    At 20 weeks, I'd be going direct to get your cashback.
    Screenshots of the offers and promotional material is a must when using TCB.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cool thanks B_M and Matt, my eBay transaction has now tracked but doesn't mention the £2.50 extra bonus on there? Does that appear later or has that not worked?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure