Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• BraveHeart
    Options
    BraveHeart wrote: »
    Hello TCB,

On 13 July 2017, Hotels.com was showing '20% 24 Hour Deal' on 'Booking without Hotels.com Rewards'.

As a result I made a couple of booking with Hotels.com on 13 July 2017, but cashback pending is lower than the rate advertised.

Surely this is a TCB error and not Hotels'com?

I have already lodged Missing Cashback Claims. Do I have to go through with this?

Hi Matt,

My issue still remains unresolved.

1 Aug 2017: Claim Submitted to Merchant
    8 Dec 2017: Informed 'Fair Play' policy can be employed. REFUSED
    15 Dec 2018: Added claim to 'query log which will be sent to the network.'

I have £10.92 (x2) Payable. BUT I HAVE NOT CASHED THIS.

My purchase price: £106.20 (x2)
    Without VAT = £88.50
    20% offer on 88.50 = £17.70 cashback (x2)

Total cashback due for two bookings:
    £35.40 (£17.70 x 2)

I have emailed you and you have the full history of my case.
    5 MONTHS is a long time to resolve a matter.

Matt, I posed one question on here in the past which you may have overlooked.
    'DOES TCB KEEP HOLD OF OFFERS MADE BY MERCHANTS?'
    If so, this should be game set match for merchant's to pay up!

Please update.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@yellow44 – I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience with gaining top up on one of your Highest Cashback Guarantees. I will look into how this could have happened and will take steps to try and reduce a similar mix up happening.

In addition, should you have any issues you would like me to look at on your account you can reach us at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@Sellins – We wouldn’t expect transactions with this merchant to track at the correct rate immediately. In the terms it does mention transactions will initially track at £0.00 and uplift on validation and I will ask the team to see if we can edit this to reflect the merchant tracking cashback lower.

A claim will only be required should the transaction be confirmed at the lower rate.

@BraveHeart – I am sorry that we haven’t heard back from the tracking network yet.

Can I ask you to clarify what you mean about whether we keep hold of offers made by merchants?

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • duncan5555
    Options
    Hello,
    Does anyone have an idea of how to solve the problem, whereby, when I go to payments, I get a message:
    To request payment, you must first confirm or revert your recent change to your Email address.

If you have not received the email, press the button below to resend it.

I then ask for the email to be resent and the message says:
    "The email failed to send to your email address"
    Please try again

Because of this I am unable to get any cashback actually paid to me. My email is correct and does exist.

I have emailed Topcashback but have had no response. Frustrating because I have money and can't access it!!

Thanks
  • duncan5555
    Options
    just got email from Matt at TCB - all sorted now, thanks
  • Sellins
    Sellins Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Matt for your response.

Interestingly though I had a call from MoreThan and they claim that cash back amounts are nothing to do with them anymore so than if you arranged a policy thru CompareThe Market and didn't get your Meerkat toy!

I doubt whether I will get to the bottom of this, but I am interested who is correct.

If the amounts paid are TCB responsibility and they continue to advertise the rate of CB why do they not simply correct the cashback to the advertised amount in peoples accounts whilst waiting for the due process to happen? In this case there is only one rate.

If it is MoreThans responsibility why aren't TCB getting it sorted now as to be honest it is TCBs reputation that is getting trashed all the time.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    duncan5555 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Does anyone have an idea of how to solve the problem, whereby, when I go to payments, I get a message:
    To request payment, you must first confirm or revert your recent change to your Email address.

If you have not received the email, press the button below to resend it.

I then ask for the email to be resent and the message says:
    "The email failed to send to your email address"
    Please try again

Because of this I am unable to get any cashback actually paid to me. My email is correct and does exist.

I have emailed Topcashback but have had no response. Frustrating because I have money and can't access it!!
    IIRC, this happens if the account becomes 'dormant' because of 1-year inactivity.
    Only TCB can get it back to life.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 January 2018 at 8:26PM
    Options
    Sellins wrote: »
    Thanks Matt for your response.

Interestingly though I had a call from MoreThan and they claim that cash back amounts are nothing to do with them anymore so than if you arranged a policy thru CompareThe Market and didn't get your Meerkat toy!

I doubt whether I will get to the bottom of this, but I am interested who is correct.

If the amounts paid are TCB responsibility and they continue to advertise the rate of CB why do they not simply correct the cashback to the advertised amount in peoples accounts whilst waiting for the due process to happen? In this case there is only one rate.

If it is MoreThans responsibility why aren't TCB getting it sorted now as to be honest it is TCBs reputation that is getting trashed all the time.

It's a bit of a strange one.
    More Than aren't really responsible for the amount TCB promote and should pay, as that could be anything within what More Than give affiliates. Even more, if affiliates add on some of the bonuses they receive.

But, ultimately, More Than are responsible for any actions of TCB, due to TCB's FCA status.

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000MgCI0AAN
    Topcashback Ltd Status: Appointed representative (Reference number: 476080) This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.

The 'principal' is the important bit. Don't take my word for it, that was pressed into myself many times by both the FCA and the FOS. Basically, every time I complained about TCB, I was told, 'Go for the 'principal'. I do that now and my God, it works.
    Not all call centre employees understand this, hence you need to raise a complaint and read the quote above and stress the principal part. Once you do that and advise that's advice from both the FCA and FOS, they take you seriously. I always raise another complaint against their agent, depending which agent or site I've used and advise of the route I've taken with their 'appointed representative' and failed. It's good to raise a ticket, as this dialogue can be forwarded and adds to you claim (evidence). Depending how 'bad' your ticket is, the 'principal' can decide what, if any, actions to be taken. Some may take no actions, some may cease their relationship with their agent. It's their choice.
    TCB should be doing as they promote, but it doesn't always work out like that. I always take screenshots of the promotion, along with promotional notes. Many notes are wrong and that can assist you with a complaint.
    So, it is hard to 'get to the bottom of it' as you will receive differing views from the merchant and the cashback site. But, stick to the advice from both the FCA and FOS and you will win.
    Good luck, but More Than can be a slow payer. Take notes from the info given on TCB and stick to it. Pre-purchase and post-purchase info differs and by a helluva lot!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@duncan5555 - I am pleased I could help you out with this

@Sellins – They do have to agree with their tracking network how much commission they are willing to award different commission sources so while the customer service team you spoke to may not be aware of this I can assure you they are the ones that set this up.

While as explained yesterday I do believe these will track lower and correct before they go to confirmed status I have also tasked the team to just double check with the tracking network that everything is tracking as expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,109 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 January 2018 at 8:24PM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »

Regarding the TCB 'exclusive'. What a very silly response.
    For the record again, the 100% Aviva rate for home insurance (combined) is £60 (excluding bonues).

https://ui.awin.com/merchant-profile/3788

!

I havent seen the response, however by using the phrase "exclusive rate/offer isnt implying that it is the highest rate/best offer merely that nobody else at that time is promoting the same rate/offer which as regards the merchant you are highlighting is true.

Sometimes merchants limit the amount of cashback that can be offered by Quidco/TCB due to high number/volume of transactions.

Worth also remembering that Insurance quotes are often different when done by phone/via a broker/in person ( when its possible to do it in person) or via a cashback site thus Insurance Companies vary quotes taking into consideration incentives that are being offered and/or its own costs.

You often mention Imutual they get so few such transactions in comparison to Quidco/TCB they would stay under the radar so to speak, have u compared quotes via different cashback sites as quotes often vary between different comparison sites.

Its good to highlight higher paying cashback sites due to H.C.G
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Same merchant - re Car Insurance, 100% Cashback sites are offering 50.00- 60.00 despite network stating Cashback Site rate is only 30.00.

https://ui.awin.com/merchant-profile/3798
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure