Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@yellow44 - Just to clarify with our exclusive Aviva rate. We are giving you 100% of the money we are paid. We will look into reports of other sites being able to offer more as it has been agreed that we have secured an exclusive deal with this retailer.

@grumbler - As mentioned in my earlier post, if there are restrictions on what method you can pay out with with a transaction it should appear next to the transaction when you click on Part Payout (Optional) this is not currently working as expected but should be soon.

This should make it easier for you to see what you need to untick to be able to pay out via reward wallet.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@yellow44 - Just to clarify with our exclusive Aviva rate. We are giving you 100% of the money we are paid. We will look into reports of other sites being able to offer more as it has been agreed that we have secured an exclusive deal with this retailer.

Re Aviva Home Insurance.
    For the record and facts which can be viewed, here's a link to the Aviva Home Insurance affiliate marketing rates.
    The 100% rate for joint home insurance (without seasonal or other bonuses) is £60.

https://ui.awin.com/merchant-profile/3788
    About the Aviva Affiliate Home Insurance Programme

Below are some key benefits and USP’s for the Aviva Home insurance product, for signed off copy, please see the ‘Specific Terms’ section further down.

Joint Home insurance sale – £60 commission per sale
    'Content Only' Home Insurance Sale - £20 commission per sale
    'Building Only' Home Insurance Sale - £20 commission per sale

Make your own mind up.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • washable
    washable Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made a transaction on Topcashback for Food to order from M&S. This has yet to be paid and I can see no mention when trying to send a message to them.
    thanks.
  • skylinedude
    Options
    Again I have made a couple of purchases through TCB, used one browser to view merchant site and another browser to purchase after clearing cookies etc. Guess what, no cashback showing in my account. Have opened a claim AGAIN. It seems the majority of times that I go through TCB, cashback is not tracked.

Surely this is illegal just like another member stated previously. I mean, if you went to a shop specically that has a special offer like BOGOF and then they decided once you actually purchased the item in their shop not to honour it, to me that is illegal. TCB pull you in with offers of cashback and then take months and months to apparently chase it, after all that, you get some rubbish excuse that it has been declined.

Maybe we should look into taking this further down the legal route.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Again I have made a couple of purchases through TCB, used one browser to view merchant site and another browser to purchase after clearing cookies etc. Guess what, no cashback showing in my account. Have opened a claim AGAIN. It seems the majority of times that I go through TCB, cashback is not tracked.

Surely this is illegal just like another member stated previously. I mean, if you went to a shop specically that has a special offer like BOGOF and then they decided once you actually purchased the item in their shop not to honour it, to me that is illegal. TCB pull you in with offers of cashback and then take months and months to apparently chase it, after all that, you get some rubbish excuse that it has been declined.

I rarely have tracking issues.
    If I want to use TCB or Quidco I boot my computer via USB into Linux Mint.
    I open Firefox, uncheck 'block popups', clear cookies. Restart firefox.
    Then go to TCB and click through.

I find tracking works for me in 99% of cases - there are still a few where tracking fails. Tesco Credit Card and Homeprotect (very annoying as it has a TCB landing page!), but generally too be honest if you have systematic tracking issues, it WILL be your side, not TCB side most of the time.

Try and see how you get on booting via a dedicated USB key.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I'm not here to defend TCB (no surprise there) as I hate some of their 'practices' and failures.
    But, tracking isn't an issue with myself. I have one issue i expect to be resolved under the TCB 'fair play policy', but that's another story.
    Frustrating yes, that's why I prefer point of purchase discount codes (check the various sites).
    I'd suggest trying out some of the no purchase offers and see if you can get to the bottom of things.
    I use Chrome now most of the time, but have also used Firefox and Edge (which I hate) in the past
    Is it the same merchant that's causing issues?
    Wilko for example was a problem with TCB.
    Owners Direct is a disaster!
    Do you have a linked account (partner for example)? My wife has a few issues with some tracking. TCB 'throttle' some merchants, unlike Quidco for example.

Good luck, but try a few no purchase offers and see how it goes (unless you have your account linked by TCB).
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • skylinedude
    skylinedude Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2018 at 12:23PM
    Options
    I made 4-5 purchases within a 7-14 day period using the same procedure for each and everyone. 2-3 have tracked within hours. 2 still have not.

Will be honest. I find most sites like Insurance's etc are cheaper if you go directly to the insurance company and take policies out. Going through cashback sites seems to add more monies to the policy. I only use TCB for other purchases, which are not a great deal. I think I will just cut my losses and give cashback sites a miss. Not worth the effort, will just purchase when a discount voucher/code is available.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options

Will be honest. I find most sites like Insurance's etc are cheaper if you go directly to the insurance company and take policies out. Going through cashback sites seems to add more monies to the policy.

When looking for insurance, I always do a test quote going direct with the same details, although change name and use a dummy e-mail address.

I then go via cashback sites using the technique I posted above - yes, very often the cashback is added to the price or the price is hgher than your previous quote. Obviously in that case, you don't make the purchase.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 January 2018 at 3:14PM
    Options

Will be honest. I find most sites like Insurance's etc are cheaper if you go directly to the insurance company and take policies out. Going through cashback sites seems to add more monies to the policy. I only use TCB for other purchases, which are not a great deal. I think I will just cut my losses and give cashback sites a miss. Not worth the effort, will just purchase when a discount voucher/code is available.
    bxboards wrote: »
    When looking for insurance, I always do a test quote going direct with the same details, although change name and use a dummy e-mail address.

I then go via cashback sites using the technique I posted above - yes, very often the cashback is added to the price or the price is hgher than your previous quote. Obviously in that case, you don't make the purchase.

Sadly, that's true with many merchants.
    When going via a cashback site, you visit the merchant via a different landing page. TCB have often said it shouldn't happen, but it does.
    Aviva for example appear to be honest and very, very competitive.
    I've had to take out an insurance for my Mother and she was already with Aviva, so no cashback for renewing.
    I found British Gas to be the best option (not on cashback sites) as they give a £70 gift voucher, but you have to go direct.

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/home-services/home-insurance.html

Sometimes comparison sites are cheaper than cashback sites as they 'share' their affiliate cashback instantly.
    A minefield? Sure is, you really have to work the system and avoid the pitfalls!
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@washable – I am sorry that the estimated payable date passed for you. With a merchant that has a short life spam on site due to the nature of this being only available at Christmas it can be difficult for us to estimate with precision when we will be paid for a specific order.

Now that the festive period has completely passed, I suspect that M&S will start to validate your purchase very soon and as soon as this happens we will get this changed in your account asap.

@skylinedude – There are many ways a purchase can track. If you had the merchant open on your device, even on a different web browser there are ways that their cookie can still be attached to your purchase.

I would strongly advise you not to have any web tabs open when you make your purchasing through us and to clear your cookies. If you do not do this you do increase the risk of a purchase going untracked and raising the probability of another company being paid the commission.

In relation to your other topic, If you use a comparison site they do have the leeway to operate their own pricing strategy. They may decide to use some of their commission to lower the price, for example, it can also be the possibility that you find they offer increased pricing using these ways.

Should you find an example of the exact same quote going directly being cheaper I would ask you speak with us directly so we can raise this with the tracking network.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback