Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 January 2018 at 9:58PM
    Options

You often mention Imutual they get so few such transactions in comparison to Quidco/TCB they would stay under the radar so to speak, have u compared quotes via different cashback sites as quotes often vary between different comparison sites.

Its good to highlight higher paying cashback sites due to H.C.G

Rates do vary and I've found recently, that the higher cashback rates appear to have higher quotes, hence wiping out any benefit.
    I actually stayed with Aviva (car insurance), so no cashback as I was looking at approx £20 benefit (eventually) if I switched, but having to pay more.
    I should have moved away and back to Aviva next year, but I actually like Aviva and trust them.
    The HCG has never been more important, IMHO, as it is at the moment.
    If you work between the BIG 2 and even compare the odd higher offer from the likes of Imutual etc, getting the HCG against a lower offer can benefit. Quidco's HCG is very generous and industry leading, but Plus members should get 5% top up on top when using TCB. Because TCB have dropped many top-ups on 'exclusives' now, this is important.
    Aviva home insurance at one time would have been £63 (£60 + 5%), but you can only get that, or a tad more, by using the HCG option. As above, I got slightly more, but wouldn't have under the 'old system'.
    Same merchant - re Car Insurance, 100% Cashback sites are offering 50.00- 60.00 despite network stating Cashback Site rate is only 30.00.

https://ui.awin.com/merchant-profile/3798

From.
    The likes of the BIG 2 will be on higher tier rates I'd imagine.
    You have been around a long time in the cashback world and no doubt can still remember when cashback sites (much lower member base) would give a rate (say £30) and state they should beat that later. Many times it paid dividends to wait as the rate did increase. That was during the infancy of cashback sites, maybe more than 10 years ago. Cashback sites were mainly 'click sites' then and predominantly what Imutual is to be honest.
    Aviva car insurance could have been had for the BIG 2 recently with a £95 cashback, obviously beaten and topped up with the HCG.
    It's a game, play to win.

BTW, another classic example of 100% so called cashback sites paying less than 100% is with Booking.com.
    Someone posted the 100% rate on another forum. ;)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another day and another mis-selling complaint launched due to yet another financial product promotion not doing what it states on the tin!

Merchant this time is More Than (RSA) and the product was a Landlord insurance policy.
    TCB offered a massive £100 for taking this product and matched Quidco and gave me a £5 top-up (being a plus member) - all good so far, tracked very good.

No stats with More Than, but the pre-purchase notes state:
    Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this merchant to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.

60 days passed and not only has the cashback not gone to payable, it hasn't even gone to confirmed!

I queried it via a ticket enquiry with TCB, giving them 14 days to investigate and to check the pre-purchase notes.
    This is the initial response I received - post-purchase info:
    I have had a look into this for you and I can confirm that More Than has an estimated payable speed of 36 weeks. You will be able to see this if you click on More Than on your earnings page.

As this is an estimate I cannot guarantee that it will be payable on this date exactly, so we do ask you allow an extra six weeks after this period for it become payable in.

If it hasn't gone payable after this please do get back in touch and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,
    Steven

Spot the difference between pre-purchase and post-purchase?
    Not hard was it?

I fired a reply to my ticket and TCB (Stella) responded, albeit with not as bad a response, but because the pre-purchase info wasn't taken seriously, I decided to call it a day with TCB regarding this and raised two complaints with More Than.

1. mis-selling of a financial product via your appointed representative, due to non-payment of promoted cashback within their marketing material.

2. complaint against TCB regarding the way they promote these offers, yet fail to comply with their marketing, despite being advised. Plus £30 compensation requested due to the hassles from TCB and for me having to do the extra work.

Initially More Than stated it was a TCB issue, but changed when I read the script from the TCB FCA register.
    Topcashback Ltd Status: Appointed representative (Reference number: 476080) This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.

I gave More Than the TCB FCA reference number and advised them to check it out themselves.
    They sobered up and took my complaints and advised I would hear something back within 72 hours.

That's where I'm at and I'll update accordingly.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As per my above post, I have had a few more replies from Stella (TCB).

I asked the question of how TCB haven't failed me, considering the pre-purchase info, the TCB mission statement and the TCB fair play policy. I also added that Matt stated the wording of the promotion was supposed to be looked into.
    Still there today, despite my purchase over two months ago.
    The first sensible response I've had from a TCB employee in ages, to be honest. Although Stella couldn't answer how TCB failed me, she did at least state she would pass on my query to a relevant team.
    Too late for myself, but will anything be done which may help other members? We'll see.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Back again, sorry. :D

Re Barclays complaint:

I've just received a call from a lovely lady from Barclays who is dealing with my mis-selling complaint. Basically to get more info and why I claim against Barclays and not TCB.
    I directed her to the FCA register, gave her the TCB register number and again, read the script. TCB are not yet fully regulated by the FCA, sadly. They are only classed as 'Appointed Representatives' and the 'Principal' has to take the flak!
    She couldn't understand how TCB could be an agent, but I advised her TCB would have applied to promote Barclays on their cashback site and this would have to have been approved, either by the affiliate network, Barclays, or both. She's looking into this.
    Interestingly, Barclays is no longer on the TCB site.
    maybe this is down to TCB not wanting to promote Barclays, or Barclays may have ended their relationship with TCB. Possible other reasons, of course. Still available via Quidco though.
    During the conversation, I explained my many issues with TCb and financial products. Recently, there have been issues with Saga (fully resolved and compensated), Barclays is still ongoing, Endsleigh (resolved and I decided not to take it further) and this week, More Than. The lady asked the question, 'Are all these issues with Topcashback?'. 'Yes, I replied. What TCB market and what you receive differ'.
    I've been promised a further callback within a few days, after being further investigated, so we'll see.
  • Sellins
    Sellins Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@duncan5555 - I am pleased I could help you out with this

@Sellins – They do have to agree with their tracking network how much commission they are willing to award different commission sources so while the customer service team you spoke to may not be aware of this I can assure you they are the ones that set this up.

While as explained yesterday I do believe these will track lower and correct before they go to confirmed status I have also tasked the team to just double check with the tracking network that everything is tracking as expected.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hi matt, have TCB confirmed that this is tracking as expected?
    Thx
  • Sellins
    Sellins Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    Back again, sorry. :D

Re Barclays complaint:

I've just received a call from a lovely lady from Barclays who is dealing with my mis-selling complaint. Basically to get more info and why I claim against Barclays and not TCB.
    I directed her to the FCA register, gave her the TCB register number and again, read the script. TCB are not yet fully regulated by the FCA, sadly. They are only classed as 'Appointed Representatives' and the 'Principal' has to take the flak!
    She couldn't understand how TCB could be an agent, but I advised her TCB would have applied to promote Barclays on their cashback site and this would have to have been approved, either by the affiliate network, Barclays, or both. She's looking into this.
    Interestingly, Barclays is no longer on the TCB site.
    maybe this is down to TCB not wanting to promote Barclays, or Barclays may have ended their relationship with TCB. Possible other reasons, of course. Still available via Quidco though.
    During the conversation, I explained my many issues with TCb and financial products. Recently, there have been issues with Saga (fully resolved and compensated), Barclays is still ongoing, Endsleigh (resolved and I decided not to take it further) and this week, More Than. The lady asked the question, 'Are all these issues with Topcashback?'. 'Yes, I replied. What TCB market and what you receive differ'.
    I've been promised a further callback within a few days, after being further investigated, so we'll see.
    I love your commitment to complaining and continuing to use TCB knowing that you are setting yourself up for more probable issues. I do this myself and wonder if I am bonkers, but if I can get pet insurance for zero cost it is impossible to resist. I knew it would go wrong though........
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sellins wrote: »
    I love your commitment to complaining and continuing to use TCB knowing that you are setting yourself up for more probable issues. I do this myself and wonder if I am bonkers, but if I can get pet insurance for zero cost it is impossible to resist. I knew it would go wrong though........

I mainly use TCB now for the financials and yes, expect them to go wrong! But, with the current status of TCB (FCA register), it's a doddle to resolve and with compensation.
    Sadly, TCB seem incapable of promoting accurately, which helps the member enormously and fail miserably with support tickets. If they were 'skilled' at customer care, they would clearly see the issues (my More Than is a classic example), take ownership and resolve. They only appear to be able to tell you to 'go away and wait'. If my issues were fully resolved at ticket level, there would be no need to come on the MSE TCB thread. But, they annoy me the way they currently treat members! As other posts testify, other members have had the same issues trying to resolve issues via ticket support.
    Good luck with your insurance, but believe me, if you have to get it yourself (along with compensation), you will be paid. Never let it go beyond four months though, that's the very latest to go direct to the merchant. The FOS state all cashback incentives should reasonably be paid with 3-4 months max. TCB may well tell you differently. You then decide to believe TCB or the FOS. Easy choice.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sellins,

The team are still looking into it but it should definitely correct in value by the time it reaches confirmed and if it doesn't please do let me know :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

I'm just wondering whether TCB doesn't pay cashback on eBay auctions? As all of my Buy It Now purchases have tracked and all of my auction purchases have not.

Thanks
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A TCB positive.

extracashback-carousel.jpg

Don't forget to activate it first and be quick as it ends Sunday night.

See, I'm not too bad! ;)
    I just expect what's promoted and without a fight.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback