Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Perhaps I have been lucky but I have only ever had one cashback not paid and that was Pets at Home and they are not on there anymore.

All other missing/declined, once looked into, have ended up with payment.
    2010 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Scaelam wrote: »
    Moving swiftly into the sixth wonderful month of having 0 progress on my missing cashback claim.

Only six months and nothing has happened, join the queue.

Read all my posts from number1922 of this thread and you`ll know how long a real wait is with still no progress from "pending".

I`m now into my THIRTEENTH month.

Matt will blame everyone except TCB, who enticed us to them in the first place, only because of the cashback.

Pathetic or what.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The app is playing up again. It's the third time it's done the same thing. It comes up with a text box asking "Do you like Topcashback?" There seems to be no way to get rid of it other than to close the app, which I do. When starting the app again, it's on the login screen and claims my username/password combination is wrong until I try again the next morning.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

@Scaelam - I am sorry you feel like that. As I did explain in your email we can't make decisions on behalf of merchants as they are the ones who make the final call on whether we are or aren't eligible for the cashback. What we can do is try and get an answer to you as soon as possible and we are doing this for you. We can't force a resolution to be made unfortunately and I do understand your point about how long this has taken so far but with decisions like this we physically can't force a merchant to reply back to us within a given time frame and so all I can do with provide you with as much of an update as I can.

@POPPYOSCAR - I am glad on the whole you have had a good cashback experience. I am sorry to hear you had issues with your Pets at Home transaction but I hope your success rate continues.

@2010 - I really do understand why you are angry and disappointed. We do understand member frustrations when things don't track or are not paid within the estimated we provide and where we can try and prevent this from happening in the first place. We really are trying all we can to get your cashback progressing and although from your perspective you may believe we are not making any effort to get you the cashback I can honestly say this is not the case.

@Kim_13 - I am sorry you had issues on the app. We are aware of these issues that don't always seem to be happening.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 November 2015 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Topcashback - there seems to be an issue with the site again! The 'highest cashback guarantee' isn't recognising a transaction that is actually visible in my account! When I attempt to make a claim, it's stating '! No transactions were found!.
    A glitch? Or, is it to stop claims?
    Support ticket in and I'm hoping for a quick resolution.
    Topcashback Aviva 'exclusive' = £63.00 including 5% top-up (£60.00 flat rate)
    Getpoundsback normal rate = £66.00
    http://www.getpoundsback.co.uk/stores/aviva-car-insurance-2/

I've tried several times to submit a claim and strangely the drop-down box shows two Aviva car insurance choices! I've tried both and neither work with today's date!

Oh sorry, just one more thing. ;-)
    There is an issue with another Topcashback 'exclusive', but not your fault this time.
    Talktalk mobile - it isn't possible to make a purchase due to site issues.
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/talktalk-mobile/
    http://mobile.talktalk.co.uk/
    We're currently making security enhancements to our site, which should be back online soon.
    Soon? It's been down for a while!

Will this offer be extended to cover this issue?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

There is a rotating banner on your Cashback on Broadband page showing an Exclusive offer for Plusnet.

'£85.85 Cashback Get an exclusive £85.85 cashback on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Homephone up to 76Mb at Plusnet Broadband today! time-icon.png Ends 22 Nov 2015'

However when I go to the Plusnet page this is showing as 40.

I need to renew my broadband shortly so this is a very tempting offer if it goes through at the 85.85, but not so much with 40. Which is it please?

Thanks a lot
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi B_M and bxboards,

@B_M - If you drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will certainly be able to help you out :)

In regards to Talk Talk we are looking at getting this sorted as I do believe you can now purchase online again.

@bxboards - I have just checked this onsite and it does appear that both the banner and the page display the correct rates now.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    2010 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It seems someone has got that p*ssed off with TCB lack of action and that p*ssed off with TCB excuses that they have took the matter into their own hands and posted the following on Shearing`s Facebook page today.

"If I took a Shearings Holiday and failed to pay for it, I would be rightly pursued and made to pay. So what makes Shearings think they can offer inducements to book on cashback sites TCB and Quidco, then avoid payment - now for over a year? Ask your marketing director for a response."

Shearing`s have immediately responded (unlike TCB) asking for the booking reference number and email address of the complainee, unlike TCB, who only come on here with the well worn excuses of blaming the "merchant network" the retailer and everyone except themselves. It`s about time TCB took a bit of responsibility and stopped passing the buck.
    Better still get it on their home page in big letters that they do not guarantee cashback and will not chase after it for you.Personally I blame TCB more than the retailers who don`t pay up.
  • Scaelam
    Options
    I love how six months is a laughably short amount of time to wait for a claim xD doesn't say much for TCB...
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Matt, email sent as there still appears to be a glitch!
    TalkTalk mobile is still showing the same issue too, so unable to make an online purchase! Hopefully the offer will be extended and I'll be able to take advantage next week.

2010, interesting ploy and one I'll be considering with Hoppa. I'll allow another two months first, but I'm expecting a decline and for a genuine purchase. The offer looked too good, but I still want it as I paid over the top initially.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback