Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you want a guarantee on cashback you should be using Imutual where possible for important high value purchases they have a cashback guarantee.

Anyway the reason I am here, why does it take Topcashback so long to credit clicksnap purchases bought the Pumpkin days ago still not credited to the account. Quidco it usually takes minutes not days or weeks to verify.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @2010 and @Marvin,

I hope you both are looking forward to the weekend.

@2010 - I am sorry you perceive this to be the case and I can only continue to re-emphasise that work is still being done to get the cashback progressing. This thread was created to help people and resolve as many queries as possible. Sometimes we can’t always resolve queries to people’s satisfaction especially in situations beyond our control like yours where you are still waiting for the cashback to progress. I can only re-emphasise what has already been said about this and once the cashback network has got the transaction progressing, yours will progress. Cashback is why people use our site I think we all agree to that. However, it appears you disagree that we should be clear with our members that it’s not guaranteed. This is the honest way to be with our members and I am sorry if you don’t feel we should be doing this. As explained to you the majority of transactions to progress and are paid as we would expect and there is no reason for you to believe that your transaction won’t progress.

@marvin – Normally our snap and save offers do credit straight away to your account at pending status. However, due to the nature of the special Pumpkin deal this won’t track until the receipt is processed which can take 30 days but should be sooner. If you would like me to make sure this your receipt has come through please do send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk as I will be more than happy to check this out for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options

. However, due to the nature of the special Pumpkin deal this won’t track until the receipt is processed which can take 30 days but should be sooner.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/free-pumpkin-halloween-via-topcashback-6708803

Terms and Conditions

"Your purchase will be tracked within seven working days and will become payable within 30 days"
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/free-pumpkin-halloween-via-topcashback-6708803

Terms and Conditions

"Your purchase will be tracked within seven working days and will become payable within 30 days"

Now the Terms and Conditions on the TCB site never mentioned it was for "New" customers only unlike the ones on the Mirror site, I scrutinized it carefully for this before buying but if this is the case then as far as I am concerned it will be the end for TCB and the account will be going.

Strangely enough the site not working now so can't look at it again now.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
    edited 2 November 2015 at 1:23PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a good weekend!

@bristolleedsfan - These terms and conditions are not for the latest version we had for the Pumpkin offer that we had available for all members. The terms and conditions for the latest offer did read: 'Cashback may take up to 30 days to be processed from submission.'

@marvin - You are right and the new offer which I believe you saw was one available to all members. If you would like me to make sure your receipt came through the system can you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk ?

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,949 Forumite
    Options
    Q for TCB.

my non tracking situation is beginning to peev me off at both TCB and Quidco.

does anyone know if TCB and/or Quidco still have that page where you can "test tracking"?

I am sure everything on my PC is set right but NOTHING is tracking.

that's now 2 x NW accounts and a Barclaycard that apparently has "100% tracking reliability" that's not tracked over the 2 cashback sites in less than a month.
    2010 Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

@2010 - Cashback is why people use our site I think we all agree to that. However, it appears you disagree that we should be clear with our members that it’s not guaranteed. This is the honest way to be with our members and I am sorry if you don’t feel we should be doing this.
    Matt

You seem to have got your quotes and people mixed up or misintupreted what I said.
    I completely agree with you about being honest and clear to your members regarding cashback or any other matter.

I now take it that you now going to do something to make it absolutely crystal clear by highlighting it on your TCB home page in prominent letters saying.
    Cashback is NOT guaranteed.

You seem to have three main excuses for inaction.
    1. it`s all down to our merchant networks to get the cashback.
    2. TCB can`t contact the retailers direct
    3. if all else fails, cashback is not guaranteed (it`s well hidden in our T&C`s, somewhere) how clear it that.

Next Monday will be the one year anniversary of my booking with Shearings Holidays and it`s still at the "pending" stage.
    How`s that for clarity and honesty?
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@pfpf - There are a few things I can suggest for you. For example before logging into our site to make a transaction do you go into your internet browser settings and clear your cache and cookies? This extra step that can take a few seconds can really help with tracking. Please also make sure that when you use our site you only have one website open as this helps the merchant and their network know that you are coming from our site to make your purchase.

The big thing that can really have an effect is Adblockers - I understand why people use them but when using our site we do suggest that you disable them as they can have a big impact on tracking as it can prevent tracking from happening.

Some members have also said if the above doesn't help them switching their web browser to a new one also helps their tracking. With technology being so very complex, a small change on a web browser such as an update can have an effect on tracking and so this is always worth a try if you have different web browsers on your device.

I really do hope that these suggestions work for you and improve your tracking rate.

@2010 – I can only truly say I am sorry that your cashback hasn't progressed. You may not feel like this is true but we do understand member frustrations and we do want to get any concerns or frustrations they have resolved as soon as possible. It’s not possible for us to force a transaction through the process and ultimately we need the cashback network and the merchant to progress the cashback. We can sometimes query the cashback network and make sure they are chasing the progression up with the merchant but this doesn't always have a direct resolution straight away I am afraid. People do sometimes have to wait much longer than we would hope for cashback to progress but I can assure you cases like this are extremely rare - especially to the extent of your wait. The alternative we have, other than keeping it on a members account and allow for it to progress, is to remove it. We wont ever do this to a member as it's not fair on them to miss out on cashback because it is taking its time to progress.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    2010 Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@2010 – I can only truly say I am sorry that your cashback hasn't progressed. You may not feel like this is true but we do understand member frustrations and we do want to get any concerns or frustrations they have resolved as soon as possible.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

Matt, in one word.

Who, in your opinion, is responsible for the non progress of my cashback payment in the last twelve months.

Shearings or Topcashback?
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,949 Forumite
    Options
    hi, TCB rep.
    thanks for that. I do all that as standard anyway.

my question remains, do you still have a "test tracking" page?

you used to have one and it told you if it appeared everything was good for tacking....when I say you, I know either TCB or Quidco had one but I am quite sure both did. searched sites and google'd but nothing found.

thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure