Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    For people who have issues with tracking, I recommend you download a Linux Mint distribution, and put it onto a usb key.

When you want to buy through TCB, boot into your USB key, and use the built in Firefox to go to TCB and make your purchase. This will provide you with a clean environment with no possible cookie contamination.

For any insurance or financial purchases, I also always take screenshots - these seem to decline and you can then use this evidence to go to the merchant directly - financial organisations gaming the system with declines are easy to take to the FoS so if you have a clean system, you will get your cashback well before the FoS get involved.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    I have downloaded Safari browser for my PC and tracking seems to be working ok now, its an older browser, tried Firefox, IE, Edge and Opera and wont track on those for some reason, i use CC cleaner then in the Safari settings i delete the cookies, tracking has worked 100% since using that
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Everyone

I hope you have had a good week the weekend is nearly here :)

@bxboards – Thank you for the tips on how to improve tracking. We do also advise clearing your cookies and disabling any adblockers you have installed while using our site. As adblockers can prevent transactions tracking on your account.

If for some reason your transaction doesn't track within 7 days we do have a claims system in place. The Claims team will then do their best to get the transaction added to your account.

@deanos – I am sorry you have had tracking issues on FireFox, IE, Edge and Opera. Have you checked the settings on these browsers to see if they have any adblockers adblockers enabled on them? As this can affect the tracking of your transactions. I am glad that they do track when clear your cookies and use a CC cleaner on Safari. I do hope your transactions continue to track for you but if you do have any issues please do let us know.

I hope you all have a good weekend :)

Best Wishes,
    Steven
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Fletchasketch
    Options
    Thanks Steven, I've sent you an email. Appreciate the help!
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Is the TopCashBack website down? I'm accessing it via a phone and PC and it simply says "Not Authorised."

https://www.topcashback.co.uk
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    yeah its down again, they need to sort it out as i find it always slow
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are ready to start a brand new week!

@Fletchasketch - I have now replied to your email :) I hope I managed to help.

@Crabman and @deanos - I do believe we had a brief technical hitch Friday night and I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused :(

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • LookAtMoy
    Options
    Pretty disappointed to find that an enquiry I had about a Hotels.com transaction in August 2014 was declined and closed without me knowing. The cashback expected was £26.90.

To cut a long story short, cashback enquiry made and sent to Hotels.com in August 2014, then in May 2015 TCB told me the merchant had declined the transaction because they said the booking was cancelled. I explained I could provide the receipt from Hotels.com saying this was not the case; TCB then put my enquiry on the query log to be looked into by Hotels.com.

I sent nudges and asked for updates during July and August, and then when I logged in today I found the enquiry had been closed on 11 August (I didn't get a notification of this); no reason was given but it could be because there was no proof the transaction was the result of a TCB referral, or I didn't meet the correct criteria etc.

I'm not sure what I can expect to be done about this now. I am disappointed that after all this time the cashback has been declined with no real good reason, and also I feel like TCB isn't as good as it used to be - website downtime, transactions not tracking, long delays waiting for transactions to move to confirmed and payable (even with so-called faster paying merchants).

Is TCB going through a bad patch at the moment or am I just unlucky?
    Options
    Hi @LookAtMoy,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us when you had to lodge a claim. I would be very shocked to find out that we closed a claim on your behalf without your knowledge as this is not something we do. If you could kindly send an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.

We do not have to the power to tell the merchant to confirm or decline a transaction as the decision to award cashback to us is wholly down to the merchant and the cashback network. I will be more than happy to look over your claim for you, see why it was closed and also see if there is anything further I can do to help you. Therefore I look forward to hearing from you via email.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

I've just noticed the following:

04 Jun 2015 The Co-operative Bank £0.00 £0.00 £0.00

This was 'pending' at 50, but it's now gone to zero.

It doesn't seem to have declined.

I notice that Coop haven't paid any cashback for a while.

My TCB username is same here - why has the cashback that tracked in at a rate of 50-ish now gone to zero?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback