Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• jools1985
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend!

@bxboards - The WE reference can normally be found when you originally requested the quote/ account transfer. If you can’t recall this please mention on your claims thread that you are having issues finding the reference they need and I am sure they will be able to help you further. I am sorry if you got an error on Friday, this should now be all resolved. In regards to your comments about a mass decline, a merchant does tend to confirm and decline transactions in batches. If we notice a lot of members are having similar issues this is something we will of course investigate but either way our members would be in the best situation if they lodge a claim.

@zoespen – If you could email me at [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] I will be able to help you further with your transaction.

@jools1985 – Thanks for lodging a claim for your transaction with the Co-op. I do too hope we can get you the expected amount of cashback and I am really sorry that this transaction has changed itself to £0.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt

I've had a reply to my ticket today. It seems there was a mix up and the transaction is once again showing as £50.50 pending. It's gone over the expected 14 week timescale but at least it is there again.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    The note by Bespoke Offers Beat My Price Demands says "Demands are limited to 5 per person per household per 24 hours. Multiple accounts owned by the same person are not eligible nor are persons with more than one cashback account in the same home."

Is this just a complicated way of saying "Demands are limited to 5 per household per 24 hours"?
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @jools1985 and @faddy,

@jools1985 - I am glad that this issue has been sorted and I hope it's not too long until your transaction progresses further.

@faddy - to sum things up, it is to make clear that only one person per household can make up to 5 transaction every 24 hours. Sometimes a merchant may request that terms are written in a very specific way but I hope I managed to clear this up for you.

I hope this helps both of you and that everyone who watches it enjoys the semi final of Bake Off tonight! :bdaycake:

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • NewGirl
    NewGirl Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi just wondering if anyone knows whether cash back from both these sites would work.

There is an offer on my Halifax cash back that is also on Top Cash Back right now and wondering whether One transaction would work to get both lots of cash back?

They don't seem to be linked or anything like a voucher code on a website that would invalidate it, but not sure.

Thanks

:D not trying to be greedy just want to get the best deal :A
    MFW :A
    July 2015: £74,561.39
    Current Balance: £72,587.90

Joined SwagBucks 23 July 2015
    GC earned: £45
    Options
    Hey NewGirl,

I hope you have had a good week and are ready for the weekend.

I have had a look into this and I would say you wouldn't be eligible for cashback on both our site and Halifax for cashback on one purchase. If you were to try it I couldn't guarantee your cashback from our site would be successful. You may need to read Halifax's terms and conditions to see if they have more information on their policies.

I am sorry this isn't more positive news but I do hope you have a good weekend :)

Best Wishes,
    Steven
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • carolwat
    carolwat Posts: 757 Forumite
    Options
    Ive never noticed this thread before. I use top cash back for most of my purchases and sometimes have issues with non payment despite meeting the criteria. All you get back when raising a ticket is that its been declined, no decent explanation as to why which is annoying. I know its not to be relied upon but you do take the cashback into account when making purchases. My last declined transaction was back in April for Homeserve. I took a policy out but it was declined. I have no idea why. It does make me consider using another cashback site.
    Options
    Hi carolwat,

I am sorry to hear that some of your transactions have been declined. What I would like to mention is that we also don't like seeing transactions being declined but when they are the cashback network does normally have a very valid reason for doing it.

Although we are not immediately provided with a reason for the decline, in most cases you can lodge a claim for your transaction so we can further query the reason for the transaction being declined and also challenge the decision. This can sometimes result in us overturning the decision.

If you would like to take a look at your account please can you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk?

Many thanks,
    Matt
  • newpuppy
    newpuppy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Matt, I too have just been thro the aggro of having a cashback declined and would like a bit more info to help me if it happens in future.

I understand that TCB acts as a sort of agent for its merchants. It seems to be that TCB offers customers a cashback deal, and that amount is then claimed back from the merchants. If the merchants don't see fit, for whatever reason, to hand over the money, then the customer doesn't get it and needs to find out why.

That's where I came unstuck. I filed a claim with TCB, but that didn't feel as tho it was going anywhere. Then I rang the merchant, to see who had put a stop on my money, and why.

Reactions from the merchant over the course of several phone calls ranged from 'I've never heard of TCB' thro various theories of how the system worked, until I finally got somebody in Customer Services who could help. Even then, they didn't unpick whatever had gone wrong, they simply sent me some money.

None of this has filled me with confidence about using TCB (or any other cashback site) in future. What is it that causes people to be kept waiting for months/years/ever for the money involved in their deal? Where does it go wrong?

If I could find out more about how the system works (or doesn't work sometimes), that would be good. How come it's such a gamble and you can't count on what you'll get until you've got it?
    Options
    Hi Newpuppy,

I am more than happy to talk you through what cashback is and how it is paid. You are very close to describing what cashback is and how we pay it.

Basically if we go back in time a little while to before TopCashback and other cashback website, websites used to and still do display adverts. A person viewing that website would see an advert on the website, click the link and make the purchase. As a thank you for referring a person to make a purchase the website would be paid money as commission for the purchase taking place.

TopCashback was created so that you got this money, rather than a random website. We are different to a lot of cashback sites as we always offer our members at least 100% of the commission we receive for you making a purchase.

A declined transaction happens from time to time and this will be because the merchant or their cashback network doesn't believe we should get the commission. This could be either because the order was cancelled, the order didn't fulfil the terms and conditions of the commission offer, or that the cashback network didn't believe that TopCashback was the very last site to refer you to make the purchase. This is does all depend on the cookies on your device which is why we do ask members before logging in to purchase to clear their cookies and cache, as well as disable any installed ad blockers.

I do hope this has helped you but I am more than happy to help if you still have any questions :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • Scaelam
    Options
    Title says it all.. I made a purchase for an ISP though TCB in May and I am still waiting for the cash back. Any time I messege these people through the missing claims page I get the same damn copy and pasted response, I really don't recommend them over just going for a slightly better deal directly from the ISP.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback