Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @ComebackGirl and @Scaelam

@ComebackGirl - Unfortunately some cashback can't be paid out through every method. When we are aware of this we do include a merchant note that reads something like this:

'If you earn cashback through this merchant, payouts cannot be made by Tesco Clubcard, Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate, Love2Shop, PayPal, Avios Travel Rewards Programme, British Airways Executive Club or selected gift vouchers'

This is something that is normally decided on either by the merchant's personal preference or by industry regulations. However, if you have other cashback to pay out and not just The Works you can use the 'Split payout by Merchant' tool and then untick The Works. This will make more payout options available.

@Scaelam - I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for your cashback. You shouldn't find that going to the merchant directly you get a better deal and if you find this is the case please let us know before you purchase as it is something we do look into. If you would kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will happily take a look into your transaction for you.

I hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 October 2015 at 1:34PM
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    Seven weeks ago I was asked to wait a little longer for a January 2015 SimplySwitch cashback. After those additional seven weeks it is still not payable.

Unacceptable!

I am still waiting, and this delay is even more unacceptable.
    digital
  • BartyBoy
    BartyBoy Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi TCB

I reported to you on 19 July for an incorrect tracked cashback for my currys purchase. I opened a claim and was told a lower value would be shown on my account first, then the final cashback would be 'uplifted'. I waited patiently here until a week ago, the lower value of my currys purchase became payable, but it wasn't 'uplifted' to the right amount of cashback as I was told by YOU over TWO MONTHS ago, so I logged back to my claim asking you what was happening, then your colleague beccy told me she now needed to re-submit the claim to currys and it will take up to several months to get this claim settled. Im sorry to sound harsh, but I have already reported the incorrect cashbask to you 10 weeks ago, and you said you would contact currys for me, but now beccy says she needs to re-submit the claim, and asks me to wait longer, I think you must be having a laugh here!!!

I have already reported to you about the incorrect cashback TEN WEEKS ago, and why hasn't it been sorted before? It seems to me whoever was doing this claim for me hasn't done their job properly obviously. I am not impressed with the error from your side at all. Can you please get back to me to explain to me in details of what the hell is going on here????!!!!

Many thanks

Bart
    Options
    Hi @Digital and @BartyBoy,

I hope you both had a nice weekend.

@Digital – I am sorry that your transaction hasn't progressed :) We do try and make clear that as we pass you the commission we get from the merchant it can sometimes take a little while to come through. However, we will always do what we can to get your transaction progressing as soon as possible.

@BartyBoy - I am sorry that you wanted us to submit your claim sooner. When we are aware that the merchant tracks transactions at a lower rate and then uplifts them we cannot submit the claim until the merchant has validated the cashback. If the cashback has been validated at a lower amount it means we do have something that needs to be looked into, but if the merchant is one that corrects transactions later down the line we do need to check first if it's going to uplift or not. As this decision is not made by us we cannot second guess the decision the merchant is going to take and so if you lodged a claim the merchant would not look at it until later down the line or decline the claim straight away. Although we do give a rough time line that we would hope to hear back within, if the merchant gets back to us sooner we will of course let you know the decision.

I do hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @Digital – I am sorry that your transaction hasn't progressed :) We do try and make clear that as we pass you the commission we get from the merchant it can sometimes take a little while to come through. However, we will always do what we can to get your transaction progressing as soon as possible.

Matt, I don't wish to b rude, but I have used TCB and Quidco for many years now and have heard the above from TCB so many times.

It really cannot be that difficult to chase up cashback from a transaction last January and get an acceptable result. The transaction has been recognised by the merchant and the network so I cannot see why it should not be payable after some nine months unless there is a lack of willingness to do so.

I feel a reference to the energy Ombudsman coming on...
    digital
  • BartyBoy
    BartyBoy Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2015 at 5:48AM
    Options

@BartyBoy - I am sorry that you wanted us to submit your claim sooner. When we are aware that the merchant tracks transactions at a lower rate and then uplifts them we cannot submit the claim until the merchant has validated the cashback. If the cashback has been validated at a lower amount it means we do have something that needs to be looked into, but if the merchant is one that corrects transactions later down the line we do need to check first if it's going to uplift or not. As this decision is not made by us we cannot second guess the decision the merchant is going to take and so if you lodged a claim the merchant would not look at it until later down the line or decline the claim straight away. Although we do give a rough time line that we would hope to hear back within, if the merchant gets back to us sooner we will of course let you know the decision.

Hi Matt, I don't want to be rude here too and i'm sorry if i didn't make myself clear before.

First of all, your website DID NOT track the correct amount of cashback at the beginning, so i HAD to file a claim to inform you the cashback was incorrect. i was then TOLD you were on the case and you asked me to wait until the cashback to be payable then it would be UPLIFTED to the correct amount.

I waited TEN WEEKS for currys to 'approve' my cashback, but the final cashback hasn't been uplifted, so all these stories about you were in the case and the final cashback would be uplifted were just flogging me off to make me quiet here.

So now the final cashback hasn't been uplifted and i asked you what was going on, you told me to wait AGAIN for currys' APPROVAL, well when the time my lower amount of cashback became payable, doesn't that mean currys has approved my cashback? if so, why do i need to wait currys to approve the cashback again?

And to clarify the problem here, I HAVE NOT ASKED you to submit the claim sooner, because YOU TOLD ME the claim was submitted back in July, TEN WEEKS ago. so please don't give such sarcastic comment to me! it's you who failed to do whatever you should be doing there, the problem is from your side, not mine.

If your website tracked the cashback correctly, we wouldn't have this conversation here.

If whoever did submit my claim to currys ten weeks ago as they CLAIMED, we wouldn't have this coversation here neither.

I hope i have made myself clearer this time.

Many thanks

Bart
    Options
    Hi @Digital and @Bartyboy,

@Digital - I am sorry to say it’s not that simple. As the cashback site we are not the people who the money is due to. The money is due to the cashback network who then distributes it to the referrers of the different transactions that have tracked.

Sometimes obtaining funds can be difficult to obtain for various reasons and so we do ask you to bear with us. There is no reason for me to believe your transaction won’t be paid but it is taking quite a bit longer than we would hope and I can only apologise for that.

@BartyBoy - Your transaction didn’t track at the correct rate and this is in line with how the merchant normally tracks transaction. I have taken this note directly from the TopCashback Curry’s Merchant Page:

“Your transaction may initially track lower before being uplifted once validated. If your transaction has tracked lower than expected then please wait until the transaction has become confirmed in your account before submitting a claim for a higher rate”

This does clearly explain that a claim does not need to be lodged unless your transaction validates (confirms) at a lower than expected amount. I can also see the merchant does not pay cashback on VAT and so please take this into consideration when calculating cashback.

I think the best way for me to look into your claim and any messages you have received from us Is for you to email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk .I will then be able to take a close look at your claim and get the best picture possible before helping you further.

I can certainly assure you my reply was written carefully to try and address your issue with the information I had available. I am sorry if the start of my response came across as sarcastic, this was certainly not the intention.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • baronblaze
    Options
    Matt

I also have purchased a product through TCB which was tracked with a payment date of 30 weeks.
    After this time i started corresponding with your customer services who never answered any questions but just kept telling me everything was fine and to wait another few weeks and then another few weeks. Eventually they said it was too late to chase it up. I have just been string along by TCB with standard responses none of which directly answer the questions ask.

1. Why was i told evertthing was o.k. but then you didn't pay out ?
    2 Why when i complied with every condition you don't pay out ? (i cleared my cookies before going through from TCB to the suppliers website).
    3. Why do you state the payment date is an horrendous estimated 30 weeks then you are asked to wait another 5 to 6 weeks, then you are told it is too late to make a claim as the date is 26 weeks from purchase and not 26 weeks from the estimated payment date. How can you make a claim within 26 weeks when you state payment won't be made for another 4 weeks ?
    4. Why do you continue to deal with suppliers who according to TCB do not payout?
    I won't trade with TCB again because they do not payout so why do TCB trade with suppliers you state won't pay.

TCB are inviting people to make purchases that they wouldn't normally buy on the strength of the cashback but then do not pay out with the exuse that it
    Options
    Hi baronblaze,

I will need you to email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can help you with your questions about a individual transaction but I am more than happy to answer some of your questions here.

Although a member may believe they are eligible for cashback there are a couple of things that also need to happen for us to be paid the cashback. Mainly this is that we are related back as the referrer of the transaction. If we are not related back as the referrer it is likely another website or referrer will be credited with the cashback available.

Our Estimated payable dates are created by historic data we have with the merchant and their previous payout speeds. As with any estimate it doesn't matter how much we analyse this and give you the best estimate possible there can be certain things that lead to cashback taking longer to progress than historic transactions have done.

We do keep an eye on all merchants on site. An individual member or minority of members may get in touch and request that a merchant is taken down because they see a few reviews saying they 'never pay' cashback. A member may think a merchant is not paying out but in nearly every case there is a reason why either they were not paid the cashback or it took longer than usual to progress transaction. It can also be the case that we are awaiting payment for a couple of odd transactions, rather than all transactions made within a specific merchant.

Action is of course taken for merchants who we find are unreliable or untrustworthy and we don't just monitor this but the cashback networks themselves also do.

I would like to mention that we never urge or push members to make a transaction. Throughout our site we do alert members that cashback is not guaranteed therefore members do need to take this on-board when making a purchase.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Topcashback(TCB) have given me the run around with regard to my cashback. First saying my sky 'account was not active within 80 days', presumably they mean within 80 days of the original order, which is not true. The other option is that TCB failed to inform Sky of my claim within 80 days.
    Now they have given me another great long excuse/explanation of sky swapping affiliate providers and affiliate company A can't talk to company B etc,etc.. and finished it off with cashback is never guaranteed copout.

Has anyone else had failed cashback from sky recently, what excuse did they use?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback