Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• John_G66
    John_G66 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's great that this lovely weather is continuing for us :)

@John_G66 – I am sorry if this did get declined for this reason. I do understand your frustration when you believe you had done everything correctly. The issue however, is that the cashback network would have reason to believe we were not the last referrer. Therefore the merchant would have paid this cashback - but to the people they believe were the last referrer. There can be many things that cause another referrer to be credited, but this is normally because for some reason the cookies on your device told the merchant’s cashback network that this last referee was not us.

@Legendkiller2k8 – Thank you for your contribution to this thread. If you do have any specific issues with any of these merchants please do let us know as we will be more than happy to look into this for you..

@Ublooney - We did have a glitch earlier on site I am afraid. This could have been caused by the world adding an extra second to yesterday and so may have caused our technology to get slightly confused. Our Tech Team did work to resolve this very soon.

@B_M – Thanks for your views on this subject. I do understand your point of view but we will always be very clear to our new members in explaining that cashback cannot be guaranteed. This is explained in the terms and conditions, on every merchant page and also in our help section. As explained before, our business prides itself on offering over 100% cashback to our members. Other cashback sites especially when they say cashback is guaranteed are not always able to offer the full amount of cashback they receive to balance the costs. If they do, this is a decision taken solely by them. For ourselves however, we firmly believe that we offer a great deal for our members and do pride ourselves on the offers we are able to provide to all of our members and as explained previously the vast majority of transactions do progress as we would hope and expect.

Best wishes,

Matt

Thanks for the scripted response, however, I'm sooo fed up with raising tickets for what you portray as being a simple and profitable experience :mad:

Ive brought up with you guys in the past that if a person clicks on a customer review, then the customer is automatically directed to highest review scores, yet if you take the time to navigate to latest reviews then, as is the case with mobiles.co.uk, a completely different picture is presented (horror stories )

Anyway I'm voting with my feet goodbye TCB ! :wave::wave:
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have SimplySwitch cashback from a 19 January transaction still waiting to progress from 'Pending' despite the predicted wait for it to become payable being quoted as three months. Having raised a ticket I am now being asked to wait 'another couple of weeks'. This really is poor.
    digital
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @John_G66 and @Digital,

I hope you are both enjoying the warm but less humid day we are having today.

@John_G66 - I am sorry to hear you believe my response was scripted. What I can say is that my response was uniquely written in response to your question. I will not deny you will not be the first or the last to encounter a declined transaction due to us not being recognised as the last referrer and that is why you may think it is scripted. I am afraid this is what decision has been reached by the cashback network and I am afraid that means we have no money to pass onto you.
    The majority of our transactions do track as we would expect - this is especially true for members who follow our hints and tips when making a transaction online. The issue with reviews is that more people are likely to write about bad experiences - this is true for any online or even offline service. I am sorry to hear you have taken the decision to leave us; you may be interested to know the cashback process for each cashback site is very similar. Of course they may have different ways with dealings with things such as cashback they will not be paid for but we believe we have a system set up that is fair for all of our members. If you do decide to return please do get in touch with any queries or comments you have.

@Digital - I am sorry that this transaction has not yet progressed passed the pending stage. Could you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk? I will be more than happy to take a close look into your transaction for you to see what is happening.

I hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • legendkiller2k8
    legendkiller2k8 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 2 July 2015 at 6:30PM
    Options
    John_G66 wrote: »
    Thanks for the scripted response, however, I'm sooo fed up with raising tickets for what you portray as being a simple and profitable experience :mad:

Ive brought up with you guys in the past that if a person clicks on a customer review, then the customer is automatically directed to highest review scores, yet if you take the time to navigate to latest reviews then, as is the case with mobiles.co.uk, a completely different picture is presented (horror stories )

Anyway I'm voting with my feet goodbye TCB ! :wave::wave:
    Give imutual a try they are much better than TCB, i'm still convinced TCB is in financial trouble hence the cashback issues and declines.
    After being a member of TCB for over 7 years i have also voted with my feet.
    Also @tcb matt your response sounded like a sarcastic response.
  • abandonded
    abandonded Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If there's an easy way to unsubscribe from top cash back, I can't find it. Could someone provide me with a link please?
    Abandoned
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    abandonded wrote: »
    If there's an easy way to unsubscribe from top cash back, I can't find it. Could someone provide me with a link please?
    Yeah it isn't very clear anyway click on your username, you may need to sign in again then scroll down to the bottom you'll see the unsubscribe option.
    This could really do with being made more clearer and easier to access such as maybe a link on top of page.
  • John_G66
    John_G66 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheers LK, I'll check your recommendation out, anything's got to be better than the now poor TCB !
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It’s that time of the week again and I for one am certainly looking forward to the weekend. I hope this warm weather continues!

@LegendKiller2K8 - I am sorry if don’t feel that we are the best site for the offers you take up. The issue with written word is that it can be taken different ways. I can assure you my intentions were never to be sarcastic in any way and I am sorry if it was taken in this way. I will certainly check over my responses in the future just to further reduce the chance of something being taken the wrong way. In regards to unsubscribing, the issue with putting this in a prominent position is that people can accidently unsubscribe their account which wouldn’t be fair to those members. I do also believe the method to unsubscribe is covered in our help section.

@Abondonded – I am really sorry to hear you want to unsubscribe from our site. If you would like me to investigate anything at all for you please do send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk. I will certainly look into any issues you have.

@John_G66 – I am sorry at this point in time you wish to try another site. Please do feel free to join us in the future at any point. We do always try our best to help our members and I am sorry if in your case you were not satisfied with the service you have received.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It’s that time of the week again and I for one am certainly looking forward to the weekend. I hope this warm weather continues!

@LegendKiller2K8 - I am sorry if don’t feel that we are the best site for the offers you take up. The issue with written word is that it can be taken different ways. I can assure you my intentions were never to be sarcastic in any way and I am sorry if it was taken in this way. I will certainly check over my responses in the future just to further reduce the chance of something being taken the wrong way. In regards to unsubscribing, the issue with putting this in a prominent position is that people can accidently unsubscribe their account which wouldn’t be fair to those members. I do also believe the method to unsubscribe is covered in our help section.

@Abondonded – I am really sorry to hear you want to unsubscribe from our site. If you would like me to investigate anything at all for you please do send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]. I will certainly look into any issues you have.

@John_G66 – I am sorry at this point in time you wish to try another site. Please do feel free to join us in the future at any point. We do always try our best to help our members and I am sorry if in your case you were not satisfied with the service you have received.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Thankyou for the apology matt i accept it, i can see your point about people accidentally unsubscribing from TCB i've done it myself on other sites but maybe a link to unsubscribe on the home page then if it's clicked a confirmation box saying "do you really want to unsubscribe to TCB?" with a yes and no box might be worth looking into as this gives the user a chance to double check if they do accidentally unsubscribe.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 6 July 2015 at 1:25AM
    Options
    Having successfully had both Santander 321 and Everyday Accounts paid via Quidco in 2014 without any forum dramas :D to avoid possibly being accused of abusing an offer via same Cashback site I gave TCB another go being as they were offering 2.66 more cashback than the only other 100% Cashback Site other than Quidco to promote this merchant offer, the outcome exceeded all expectations :j

12 Jun 2015 Santander £0.00 £0.33 £33.66 Payable

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure