Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to ask something slightly different here, but I have searched and searched to try and contact a MSE admin person by email on here and I can find NO way of doing this! I have realised that I cannot get the "New Thread" link on my page like everyone else and even though the system asked me when I logged in through facebook, the "Yes please" tick just kept disappearing :eek: and would not let me accept the New thread link for when I log in. I cannot find any way of changing this through my profile settings. Any ideas? It has been driving me mad for years.:mad: And any idea on contacting a MSE representative who doesn't tell me "Just click the new thread link " because I can't as it isn't there!! Sorry to veer off TCB chat but I am desparate :(
    Carh:A
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    12 Jun 2015 Santander £0.00 £0.33 £33.66 Payable

Good news and I may have a look at that. ;)

Made a small financial transaction this morning, but the reviews are terrible! Why members haven't contacted the merchant and issued a complaint, I don't know?
    Tracking stats stated tracking within 1 hour - tracked in under 7 minutes - all good so far.
    Now, tcb state - Avg Payment Speed - 2 wks 5 days
    So, I should be paid by the end of July ..................... at the latest (if not misleading stats).
    We'll see. :D
    Another merchant where tcb are offering a lower '100% cashback rate' and claim in for that too. Perhaps tcb will adjust their rate?
    I'll update once paid, or otherwise.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a nice weekend!

@legendkiller2k8 - No worries at all. I will certainly be sure to pass on your feedback about unsubscribing as we do value all of our members comments - whether good and bad, as we do want the site to be as easy to operate as we can.

@BristolLeedsFan – I am really glad that this transaction has tracked and moved to payable for you :) I hope you enjoy spending your earnings and if you have any queries in the future please do let us know!

@Carh – The only thing I can think of is perhaps you are on the main forums page rather than an individual forum for example Student Money Saving or Music MoneySaving. I have just tried loading a few different forums and the button does appear to be showing for me. Perhaps our other members can help you out though :)

@B_M – It is great that your transaction has tracked as expected. Hopefully the merchant does pay for your transaction at the same pace as they have paid for others in the past. However, please bear in mind that any payout time frames we do give are estimates rather than deadlines.

In relation to us offering less than 100% cashback could you kindly send me the details of this to mse@topcashback.co.uk? I will be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @B_M – It is great that your transaction has tracked as expected. Hopefully the merchant does pay for your transaction at the same pace as they have paid for others in the past. However, please bear in mind that any payout time frames we do give are estimates rather than deadlines.

In relation to us offering less than 100% cashback could you kindly send me the details of this to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]? I will be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.
    Yes Matt, only estimates. I'd be impreesed with payment within the estimate tbh, especially reading the reviews.
    Highest cashback guarantee has been honoured and as normal. Already moved to confirmed.
    But again, a lower rate than other sites. I wouldn't say tcb were offering less than 100% cashback, they pay 100% (plus top ups) on what they advertise. But, since tcb introduced the 5% top up, the 100% rates offered have dropped a little. The highest cashback guarantee works for the savvy ones though. The only time I see a better rate with tcb naturally now, is with some of the 'exclusives', but even some of those are lower than other sites. Maybe when tcb have hit the lower tier rate targets and move into higher tier rates, do they offer more?
    Here's one for you, which is miles out.
    Groupon - tcb offer a flat 5% (plus top up)
    For 'local deals', which I'd imagine are what most Groupon members purchase, imutual offer a vastly increased cashback offer of 12%.
    http://www.imutual.co.uk/groupon
    and that's with a guarantee.
    Strange, or what? Can tcb really not get or beat the smaller guy?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Options
    Hi @B_M

It is great that your Highest Cashback Claim has been approved. We work very hard to advertise this as much as we can as we do very much pride ourselves on it. In turn this contributes to us being able to describe ourselves as the UK's Highest Cashback Offering Site.

I would like to assure you that this 100% rate is wholly that - 100% of the money we get from the merchant. The 5% is paid for by ourselves and we would definitely never amend our rates to give our members less than 100%.

Different cashback sites can negotiate better deals, they can also decide to fund an increase in rate themselves like we do with top up. Therefore the decision for another cashback site to offer 12% is either due to themselves funding the extra percentage or a specific agreement between the merchant and themselves which would have been organised through the cashback network. There will be many reasons that would have influenced that decision and is a question I am sure the site will enlighten you to. However, decisions like this are not always made based on how many active members a site has, another factor could be the demographics of the members of that site.

We would of course match this through our Highest Cashback Guarantee which we fund through our own funds :)

Best wishes,

Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 July 2015 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Hi @B_M

I would like to assure you that this 100% rate is wholly that - 100% of the money we get from the merchant.

Different cashback sites can negotiate better deals, they can also decide to fund an increase in rate themselves like we do with top up. Therefore the decision for another cashback site to offer 12% is either due to themselves funding the extra percentage or a specific agreement between the merchant and themselves which would have been organised through the cashback network.

We would of course match this through our Highest Cashback Guarantee which we fund through our own funds :)

Lol.
    Tcb are so funny, funny at the way the treat their members like Schmuks.
    Tcb use the same affiliate network as imutual and the rates imutual pay are 100% of level 1.
    Tcb would be expected to be in a higher level, due to the amount of members.
    Affiliate network rates:
    https://darwin.affiliatewindow.com/merchant-profile/2891/commission-groups

Now, do you want to reconsider, or shall I link more comparisons?
    Don't be coy about where the vast profits come from, businesses are supposed to make profits and tcb make lots from higher tier rates. Tcb's 100% cashback is 100% of what they promote and generally that is the lower tier rates.
    Direct line for example had 3 tiers.

Even Ryanair has stopped taking the proverbial with their customers.

If anyone is thinking of using Groupon, then consider imutual for Groupon local deals and don't lose out. 12% and guaranteed.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 8 July 2015 at 10:50AM
    Options
    B_M, clicking your link at least for me doesnt seem to work, nore does a shorter AWIN link so I have replicated the table you have tried to illustrate. :beer:

Global Levels for Groupon

* Commission group excluded from global levels
    Default Commission Groups

Tracking Category
    Level 1
    Charity_Promotional
    0%
    Default Commission
    GBP 0.00
    Goods Existing
    4%
    Goods New
    4%
    Local Existing
    12%
    Local New
    12%
    Mobile Goods Existing
    4%
    Mobile Goods New
    4%
    Mobile Local Existing
    12%
    Mobile Local New
    12%
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 July 2015 at 10:54AM
    Options
    @bristolleedsfan - thanks, but your link isn't working. I thought is was the (s) https.
    But if you Google 'groupon affiliate window' and follow bristolleedsfan's route, you will see the 100% tier 1 rates.
    edit - rates showing as above - thanks.

4%
    8%
    12%

The Direct Line ones make interesting reading.
    Options
    Hi B_M,

I have just double checked the network myself and the rates you will be seeing is logged out rates and not ones specific to any one cashback site. I have just checked the rates with the network from our side and I can absolutely confirm we are being paid 5% for all transactions and we will pass the whole amount onto you.

There are a few different ways that we do earn money, the main why is through adverts and sponsored links on our site which do quite clearly state that no cashback is available (we even display the following message to: “We are currently unable to offer cashback discounts on any purchases made at Merchant Name. Please see below for details”) Sometimes a merchant and their cashback network can also pay us bonuses. This is normally the case when lots of members make transactions through one of our links.

As explained previously, we will match any rate no matter how high as long as it is a publically accessible and advertised rate.

@BristolLeedsFan – Many thanks for your contribution to this discussion. If you do have any questions please do let me know!

Best wishes,

Matt
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2015 at 7:58AM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    If anyone is thinking of using Groupon, then consider imutual for Groupon local deals and don't lose out. 12% and guaranteed.

Or 13.2% at Getpoundsback, who pay up to 110% Cashback out of its own funds including on the more "popular merchants" albeit without a Cashback guarantee, GPB removes any problem paying merchants, I have not seen 1 complaint anywhere on the internet re Cashback not being paid nore about "extended cashback" @ GPB, has been going since 2007 as well. :beer:

http://www.getpoundsback.co.uk/stores/groupon/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure