Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,111 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Reading D.L reviews, sorting by newest date first, dbclark21 experience doesnt appear to be an isolated case

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/directline/reviews/1

This Cashback Site suspended D.L merchant offer:

http://www.imutual.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54731&sid=7d78c4a479fe62b351d59b147003e605#p135216

"We have suspended Direct Line on our site due to them being very unreliable in rewarding the cashback"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have just refreshed by mind and re-watched our advert before replying to your concerns with this. The advert is about real TopCashback members explaining about their personal experiences with us rather than an advert that tells you about how the site works.

Thanks. And there was me thinking it was to gain new members! If that was the case, then a warning would have been highlighted I suppose?
    Real members? No dramas? Can I be in the next tcb tv ad featuring real members? I promise to be totally honest. ;)
    Btw, the emails don't have a disclaimer either that cashback is only a 'possibility' when clicking through via tcb.
    Please leave things as they are though, it all helps.

Regarding the issues with Direct Line (UK Insurance). These issues are well known to tcb and have been long ongoing. Direct Line have been by far the worst company I've ever had to deal with (in the csahback world) and totally abuse affiliate marketing. You will often see enhanced rates to 'dupe' you, to suck you in. Getting the actual cashback is a known nightmare. I had to go to the Financial Ombudsman to get my cashback and despite promises even to the Ombudsman, they still reneged and reneged several times! I did eventually get my money, but my review was swiftly removed. The Ombudsman actually advised that in future, to consider a small claims against tcb and let tcb pursue claims against UK Insurance if wanted. It's laughable (sadly) to see tcb promoting this 'dodgy' merchant, especially when other cashback sites have suspended them!
    If you are caught up with the issues, put in a complaint at 4 months. They have 8 weeks to investigate, but my guess is you'd have to go to the Ombudsman. Or issue a claim against tcb. Tcb can have no arguments, as they fully support this dreadful merchant. Only Hastings Direct have come anywhere near them (another story / saga). Most financial merchants pay up swiftly once a complaint has been issues against them and the better ones give compensation and / or merchandise. Ask for compensation when making a claim, £30 for example is more than reasonable.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @bristolleedsfan and @B_M,

@bristolleedsfan - Different cashback sites can take different stances with merchants. This is especially true for us who have a fair play policy for everyone involved in our company whether that be you our members or the merchants who are on our site. As I have explained cashback is a bonus and so the majority of our members do understand sometimes cashback can take its time to progress this is especially true for the odd transaction. With the merchant in question there is no reason for me to believe that they will never pay the cashback for transactions that are eligible, if we didn't think this was the case we would of course take action. Therefore, looking at the overall picture for this merchant it would be severely unfair to our members who could earn cashback with this merchant to take them offsite because it takes them a little while to pay for the odd cashback amount

@B_M - I am glad that you got the cashback expected with this merchant. I do understand sometimes things are not as efficient or as easy as we would hope, but hopefully you getting that payment does show that when things don’t go to plan they are not forgot about and we do try and get them resolved as soon as possible :)

I hope this helps you both

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fletchdt
    fletchdt Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I am trying to payout from my account and it is asking me 'confirm or revert your recent change to your Email address. When you made this change an email will have been sent to your old email address.' I do not have access to my old email address anymore as i closed the account after i stopped using it. So i can not log in to confirm the email Top Cashback has sent. Is there any other way i can confirm my account?
    Options
    Hi @Fletchdt,

I am sorry you are having issues confirming this change. I will be more than happy to help you with this. Please could you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk? :)

Best wishes,

Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    @TCB Matt my argument with TCB is TCB always side with the merchant TCB are now refusing point blank to assist me with my Sky claim all because i have now followed through with my promise and cancelled as they did not honour their part of the agreement.
    County court papers will arrive to TCB very soon i'm sitting down with my solicitor tomorrow and going through the claim before sending it off, i also intend to claim for my solicitor expenses, my time and the court costs.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks to Matt and the claims team for sorting out my Monarch cashback.

I have used Topcashback for quite a few years now and not had many problems with payments.

A couple of high value orders,including Monarch, did not track in the last few months and I was beginning to have my doubts about cashback but they have now both been paid.

Thanks again.
  • fletchdt
    fletchdt Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @Fletchdt,

I am sorry you are having issues confirming this change. I will be more than happy to help you with this. Please could you kindly send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]? :)

Best wishes,

Matt

Thanks Matt I have just sent you an email.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Thanks to Matt and the claims team for sorting out my Monarch cashback.

Yes, thanks too from myself for resolving Monarch.
    I've personally never had an automatic tracking from Monarch on any cashback site (it must be me :whistle:). But, to be fair, tcb have resolved the non tracker far, far quicker than it's main rival Quidco (who took ages and ages). Although Monarch never tracks, it always pays on a claim. So make sure you claim. Thomson were similar (across many sites), but I stopped using them a long time ago.
    Quidco were offering slightly more than tcb and I put in a 'highest cashback guarantee' claim along with a non tracker claim. I'm just waiting for both the higher rate and the 5% top up to be added. I can't see any issue there though.
    Top marks on this occasion (once fully paid).
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    edited 26 June 2015 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody is looking forward to the weekend and I do hope this lovely tropical weather continues for the foreseeable future!

@legendkiller2k8 - While the merchant’s decision is of course final as they pay for the cashback, this does by no mean insinuate we will always side with the merchant. Siding with any one party would certainly be against our Fair Play policy. If you would like me to take one final look into your transactions please do send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk with the details of the transaction or transactions you have had issues with.

@Terry98 – I am really glad we managed to overturn this claim for you. It does make us extremely happy when we manage to do this :) I hope you continue to earn lots more cashback through us.

@fletchdt - Many thanks for sending this, I have now responded and I look forward to hearing back from you :)

@B_M – I am delighted that your Monarch claim also got resolved. We do always aim to resolve these claims as soon as we possibly can. This time frame can vary from claim to claim, but I am glad in your case this was a speedy turnaround. I do hope when your transaction progresses to payable you enjoy spending your earnings :)

Best wishes,

Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback