Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 June 2015 at 12:06PM
    Options
    . If you do have any suggestions on what we could re-name this button to please do let me know and I will certainly be sure to pass this on.

Matt

Another 100% Cashback Site has named its button " Visit Retailer Now", funny thing is it has a "Cashback Guarantee" on most of its merchant offers. :rotfl:

As someone who has always believed ( and I have never been disappointed over a period of 8 years which ever Cashback Site I have used) that someone who makes/completes a valid transaction for a non "free cashback" type transaction should received advertised/promoted Cashback I do prefer such a button to say "Get Cashback" :)
  • legendkiller2k8
    legendkiller2k8 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 19 June 2015 at 2:11PM
    Options
    keith1950 wrote: »
    As cash back is money paid to third party marketing companies and transactions are dealt with by affiliate networks there is no direct connection between TCB and the retailer so whatever might have happened in your case there is no way that Sky can actually know who the money has been paid to, only that they have paid somebody and as has been explained the transaction can end up being credited to the wrong source.

Although I can understand your frustration you are wasting your money chasing cashback through the courts because it is explained upfront that cash back is never guaranteed and should be looked at as a bonus.

I have had no refusals to pay cash back and have now received over £5000 via topcashback and quidco although it has on occasion taken around a year to receive it
    I've been succesful on all 3 occasions i took fatcheese to court when they were operating, the first time they paid before the court date, the other 2 the courts ruled in my favour and this incurred costs for fatcheese too, i have also won in court against quidco on the one time i took them too court, i am very confident i will win against TCB too.
    Too many people bury their heads in the sand and take the cashback or merchants descision as final, if more stood up and fought back cashback sites and merchants would think twice about mis-leading the consumer.

@TCB Matt i do appreciate what you're saying about cashback not being guaranteed but this will not hold up in court as has been proven already on 4 occasions by myself. I also appreciate you passing on my feedback to the claim team hopefully they will understand better.

Again to anyone who buys a product such as Sky, vm etc if they decline the cashback and you have honored your part of the agreement you can cancel without penalty the company can cry all they like as they have mis-sold you a product by declining cashback that is rightfully yours.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@ B_M – Many thanks for your information. When you agree to create an account on a cashback site you do agree to the process of cashback and also the general terms and conditions of the site. Here it does fully explain about when cashback is paid and when it can’t be paid. We have worked very hard to make sure these terms and conditions are clear, accurate and precise.
    As explained earlier to LegendKiller2k8 without cashback sites like ourselves this process would still go ahead but without you knowing about it. This is the main reason why the cashback process cannot use voucher codes to link back to the last referrer. This would not be fair on website’s that do refer you due to cleverly paced adverts for example or search engines the system quite honestly would never work for those kinds of businesses.
    Those kind of sites don't offer a noticable promoted cashback.
    I'm talking about, and as advised by the Financial Ombudsman, sites who offer cashback. If I'm clicking through from TCB (or other), then a box to indicate that would confirm (originator box). Though, there is a trace anyway (electronic) to show the path from where the sale originated. Some sites do have an actual TCB landing page.
    Again, the Financial Ombudsman couldn't give a damn about 'cookies' (apart from dunking them in their tea perhaps). If the merchants and their agents don't get a more foolproof system in place, then more fool them.
    Cashback can't be guaranteed in certain situations, granted. Thought tbh, the TCB tv add doesn't state that (or does it?). If not, why not? 100% misleading if you are advertising cashback, but not clearly stating the 'pitfalls'.

But for genuine honest trades, it's a must. There is a small cashback site out there who can 'guarantee' most cashback, so why can't the larger ones, the ones who are raking in £1m's?
    I use TCB mainly for larger sales (insurances, utilities etc), as this is my guarantee of cashback, one way or other. TCB or Quidco offer more choice and generally higher rates.
    Smaller stuff, not connected to an Ombudsman, I use a smaller site. Again, guaranteed (almost always). Incidentally, some smaller cashback sites have far greater rates anyway, and far better customer service (IMHO).

Anyway, the weekend is upon us, time for a few drinks.
    (no cashback payments to worry about too, well apart from one smallish claim)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • santa101
    Options
    Itunes help please.

I have tried purchasing music by using the link on the topcashback website. This takes me to itunes website which the directs me to the itunes software to make the purchase. I can never get the purchase to track on TCB. Is there something I should be doing? I've never had an issue with any other purchase just iTunes. Please help. Thanks, Sam
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    So perhaps it would be better to wait until it really is confirmed as 100% before reporting 100%?

And now the cashback has disappeared from my account page though I can find it still showing 100% at https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/referrals/Performance

Seriously unacceptable.
    digital
  • Maripip
    Options
    Hello

I'm not sure if I've come to the right place and not sure if anyone is able to help. No doubt if I have come to the wrong place, somebody will set me straight.

I ordered a patio set from Argos in the middle of May - this was purchased through the TCB site and the visit was recorded, however, it is still now showing in my 'Earnings'.

I have submitted a 'missing claim' and even sent a 'nudge' but still now getting a response.

Can anyone here help please?
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend and are looking forward to starting a brand new week!

@Bristolleedsfan - We do have a similar name for our button but it is only used when we do not have any offers with the merchant. We do this to clearly show our members when there are cashback offers available and when there are not. The cashback guarantee we have is a Highest Cashback Guarantee and means we will match higher rates found on a competitor’s site rather than a guarantee you will get the cashback. I am delighted to hear however, that your cashback transactions so far have progressed as you would expect – this is certainly what we like to hear 

@Legendkiller2k8 – I really do understand unpaid cashback can be frustrating however we do believe we do fully explain to our members the terms of the cashback and when it is paid - especially when it comes down to people’s views on whether or not cashback is guaranteed. If you do have any future queries please don’t hesitate to let me know as I will always try my best to get them resolved for you.

@B_M – In most cases apart from exclusive rates, no matter how small the company is generally the cashback or commission as it would be known as is paid at the same rate. This isn’t always the rate you will see however as some sites will keep a percentage of it themselves. As explained previously this all does go through exactly the same way - although of course there are many different ways people get paid for adverts and not all of it is the system affiliate system as ourselves or other cashback sites. You are right in thinking occasionally the merchant will have a special web page set up for transactions made through us - generally this is when a transaction isn’t so straight forward, for example an insurance policy. This is mostly used when we can allow our members to ring up a merchant and still be eligible for cashback.

I have just refreshed by mind and re-watched our advert before replying to your concerns with this. The advert is about real TopCashback members explaining about their personal experiences with us rather than an advert that tells you about how the site works.

I will agree there are a couple of sites out there that do guarantee cashback, but doing that normally means certainly not passing 100% of the cashback they receive onto you as for some transactions it would mean taking quite a hit financially especially. I am glad to hear at this point in time all of your cashback is progressing as you would expect.

@Santa101 – I will certainly get itunes looked into to see if there are any issues we should be aware of. However, going forward if you do have any further untracked transactions you can continue to lodge claims for these.

@Digital – Could you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk with your email address and also the email address of your friend? I think this would be the best way for me to take a closer look into this for you.

@Maripip – I am sorry to hear a claim needed to be lodged for this transaction. It can take the merchant 12 to 16 weeks to reply to a query we have made with them about a specific transaction. Therefore, can I kindly ask that you allow for this time to pass? If you don’t hear back within this time frame please do submit a support ticket as a member of our Customer Care Team will be more than happy to take a closer look into what is happening with your claim.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dbclark21
    Options
    My Topcashback claim is now over a year old and is with Directline, Order date 23/3/2014. I have sent many messages and nudges to Topcashback, all to no avail.
    Why is DirectLine allowed to advertise on Topcashback when they continually fail to meet their side of the bargain?
    Who do I take legal action against to recover this amount.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 23 June 2015 at 10:57AM
    Options
    dbclark21 wrote: »
    My Topcashback claim is now over a year old and is with Directline, Order date 23/3/2014. I have sent many messages and nudges to Topcashback, all to no avail.
    Why is DirectLine allowed to advertise on Topcashback when they continually fail to meet their side of the bargain?
    Who do I take legal action against to recover this amount.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354870-Topcashback-at-it-again&p=3880550&viewfull=1#post3880550

TOPCASHBACK LIMITED
    LION BUILDINGS
    8 MARKET PLACE
    UTTOXETER
    STAFFORDSHIRE
    ST14 8HP

This is the funniest thing I have ever read :rotfl:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354870-Topcashback-at-it-again&p=4331797&viewfull=1#post4331797

"in not charging anything for the use of our service we don’t make any huge profits"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354870-Topcashback-at-it-again&p=4334189&viewfull=1#post4334189

Topcashback - "Highlights" Of Accounts to 31/01/2014

( Source - http://www.imutual.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46358&sid=24cd0f127dadfb46ec34a7073721f27e )

Revenue increased from £30.8m to £37.5m
    - Cashback paid out = £32.8m
    - Dividends of £1.4m paid to the 2 directors
    - £255k paid in corporation tax
    - Admin - overheads steady at £3.6m. 90 Staff as at 31 Jan

If anyone believes that when TCB make so much apparent money from offering/promoting Cashback on behalf of third party companies, that when TCB fail to be successful in collecting monies for various Cashback transactions that it has promoted/advertised onsite and/or by email mailouts that TCB shouldnt as goodwill/fairplay pay its members in full for these transactions from its huge profits and in the absence of such a payment TCB members shouldnt feel both justified and entitled to follow up with small claim court procedure highlighted from C.A.G posts, feel free to hit the "reply button" :)
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @dbclark21 and @britsolleedsfan,

@dbcark21 – I do understand your frustration with this as one year is certainly a long time. However, what I would like to assure you is the large majority of transactions that take place with this merchant do track as we would expect.

I am afraid though, that they will only pay cashback for transactions they see as eligible and their cashback network will then only pass this money on to the people they believe were the last referrer for the transaction. The issue with your transaction is that for some reason we not inline to get the cashback which is why we have had to query this through a claim. We will exhaust every possible route before we bring you a final resolution just to make sure we have tried our hardest to get you a positive outcome.

If you could kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk which details your transaction date I will be more than happy to query this further with our claims team.

@BristolLeedsFan - As you have said previously all of your cashback is progressing as you would expect. If you do have any issues in the future please do let us know but rest assured we will always do what we can to get the cashback expected by our members. As explained previously we would not be able to offer the cashback we do at the moment if we suddenly changed our practice and paid every single transaction including those that either have not tracked or have been declined by the merchant - this would also certainly open the doors to abuse which wouldn’t be fair all of our members. We do have a Fair Play policy and within it, it does explain how we value our members as well as all of those people or partners we work with.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback