🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A good drama to watch with teenage son?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of Jericho, but when we were on our free Netflix trial a few of our friends watched it, so we gave it a go and we loved it.

My teenager watches Bones with me. He's 16 now and thinks it's lightweight and wishy-washy, but when he was younger it was just right.

I like to watch the occasional TV programme with him anyway, even if it's 'rubbish'. It's good for bonding. He has friends who never watch anything with their parents which is a shame I think - my son loves watching Attenborough series with us, and the Cox programmes about space that go over my head, BBC programmes about evolution, etc. just the lightweight stuff that Alice Roberts presents.

He's currently watching 'Babylon 5' with my husband.

I am glad you say about the bonding thing, that's the way I feel. We are similar in personality but like chalk and cheese in interests so it's nice to find a common bond. He likes the science/educational programmes way more than me, so that's encouraging.

Jericho has just arrived, so I will report back later.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you have Sky1 there was a series just started called 'Revolution'. They showed 2 episodes back to back. It's not as good as Jericho i don't think, but it's something you could easily catch up on during the holiday and then watch once a week with him. I'm trying to remember now if it would be suitable for 13 year olds though.
    52% tight
  • andthethreebears
    Options
    Can I recommend 'Numb3rs'[\B] - crime fighting FBI teamed with a Maths Professor.
    Definitely 13 y/o friendly, 6 seasons (it's cancelled now, boo!)
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    Jericho report :-

DS loves it, 3 episodes in. Me, I think I like glossy biiig budget series a bit more but it's very watchable. I also have a lovely friend who lives very near to where it's set ( I know it's fictional but it's set near Wichita) so I can watch and smile and think it really is like the pictures I see, ie. hundreds of miles of mind numbing cornfields.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport