Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

GUIDE: What does UNLIMITED really mean? - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

GUIDE: What does UNLIMITED really mean?

edited 3 January 2015 at 6:12PM in Mobiles
81 replies 93K views

Replies

• It's not pay as you go, its 2 year contract with t-mobile and the booster is a changeable one i get every month with the contract. Would it being on a contract mean it's unlimited quota would be more or less? :)
  • ZhugeEXZhugeEX Forumite
    1.2K posts
    It's not pay as you go, its 2 year contract with t-mobile and the booster is a changeable one i get every month with the contract. Would it being on a contract mean it's unlimited quota would be more or less? :)

Ah ok sorry.

Yes, it's pretty much unlimited. Their fair use policy is that you can't text more than 200 different numbers in one month.

But whether they are strict in enforcing it is another matter. Like i said above, as long as you don't abuse their fair use you'll be fine. So no texts every 0.1 seconds :D
  • wescwesc Forumite
    19 posts
    Thanks for this post, ive never thought its fair that companies say things like 'unlimited' when there is actually a cap on the internet usage and texts messages. Its like when companies sqy 'broadband speeds up to 15Mb' and when you check youre actually getting more like 3mb. The wording is really sneaky.
  • gingirgingir Forumite
    9 posts
    Hosting companies do the exact same thing.
    They play with the fact people get confused by the word unlimited.
    Unlimited does not mean the same as infinite unfortunately.
    meh.
  • Zeus_10Zeus_10 Forumite
    12 posts
    I always go over my internet data :(.. so im always just trying to connect to wifi especially at home and/or work ha!!
  • I didn't really know what the usage were until I came here, thanks!
    Nice to know that I'll probably never come close to the limits haha
  • TerryMI5 wrote: »
    I didn't really know what the usage were until I came here, thanks!
    Nice to know that I'll probably never come close to the limits haha

Yup. Some limits are quite high so the average user will never come close.

But for some people who sign up for "unlimited" plans actually want "unlimited" and when they find out there is a limit it can get a bit annoying.

So this thread is designed to help people who truly need unlimited this or that with no restrictions.
  • Good info.

im a very havy internet user and my gf is going to buy me a Note 3 ;) (hehee) end of this week or next.

So which is the cheapest network i can get unlimeted internet now??

(not looking for any contract)
    What happens if you push this button?
  • ZhugeEXZhugeEX Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Thread has been updated and cleaned up a bit and now includes the latest plans.

Please note that if you purchased your plan before the end of last year then the information here for some networks (such as T-Mobile) could be out of date. Anyone purchasing a plan from the 1st of January 2014 will find all the correct information they need here.
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. OH bought (i.e. paid £89 towards) a Samsung Galaxy S4 in Carphone Warehouse today on a 24-month contract - 250 minutes, unlimited texts and Internet. I asked if tethering was allowed and we were told it was not. This contradicts the information on post #1.

Were they mistaken?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support