Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,657 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I might.
    Thought they wouldent as vouchers are already cheaper IYSWIM?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,531 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tuesday already!! Have been feeling a bit fed up the past few days, started on Sunday with Mr SA wanting to go for a coffee, which we did, but we had to come straight back home afterwards as he was worn out. I feel like we can't do anything normal, not even go shopping, anymore. I've been grieving for my old life I suppose and it just bothers me now and again when people I know are doing normal things and I can't. I know I should count my blessings but I can't even look into the future as it's highly unlikely to improve, things will probably get worse if I'm honest. In the midst of it all no one ever asks me how I am or how I feel, this is the only place I can air my feelings. Only 2 more weeks left before the carer goes and then everything will fall to me to sort out. Sorry for the meltdown, I just needed to get it out. I'll be back to normal tomorrow hopefully.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    Hi SA
    It doesn't help but what you are feeling is very normal.
    You need to build in time for you and try not to feel guilty (easier said than done)
    If it is not working out without a carer then you need to make sure you get something else in place.
    Stay strong xx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sending virtual hugs, don't beat your self up, you are grieving for a life that you once had and the life you expected to have with Mr SA. I just don't know how you, Lucky and others cope, you are all amazing.

Take care.
    xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Oh Hun I know just how you feel. It's hard to be the one left to carry on regardless, everyone assuming you will just cope because you 'always do', and all the while everything is different in both present and future tense.

Never apologise for how you feel, we are always here to listen Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Agree 100% with what everyone else has posted.
    Take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's exactly why it's so worrying that Mr SA will no longer have a carer. Your needs haven't been taken into account at all. Was that decision really driven by budget cuts and dressed up with "Mr SA says he no longer needs a carer", because it's not as if Mr SA is "better". Will he have a medic-alert alarm to wear in case he falls whilst you're at work? Will there be a case review in 12 weeks to assess how Mr SA is faring without a carer?
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Mmmmm is all to the carer being let go.

Rather agree Beanielou !
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I honestly have no idea.

1. how you do it.
    2. how Mr SA does it.
    3. why the giddy %$%£ they have taken away the sodding carer.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel so free to come here and speak about how you feel.

I so worry you have no outlet.

I realised the other day when another poster disappeared how much I truly see you, Lucky, INOD, and some others as real friends. You re important to me.

in fact I haven't even mentioned the first group of poor sods who adopted me when I came here in debt and a mess of huge proportions because they are firmly real life friends (Beanie - I am talking about you now!)

I just think you are amazing. truly I do.

I mean painting the living room - that alone! ;)

Love you

Buffy XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I think you need to look into getting direct payments from the council as a matter of urgency.
    You need to push push push for this.

I can understand your feelings of loss for the life you thought you would continue to have. It is hard no doubt about it.
    I mourn the lack of ability to do things that I could even a wee while ago.
    Everything has to be thought out so much. Will there be too much walking, too many stairs, will I be able to park.......
    I went to an event in St Andrews a few weeks ago which turned out to be up two steep flights of stairs so I could not access it.Great ~~not. Made me feel so down for a good while.

You are a star & don't ever forget it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure