Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello SA

good to hear about the Scan. PHEW.

Hope the decision re carer is really ok with you. How is work? how are you doing yourself?

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mmmmm is all to the carer being let go.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I truly hope it works out sans carer, but do you have a fast track route to get it back in place if it doesn't?

How has he been since he was poorly on Saturday? Hope you are ok Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,530 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all

Everything is fine. Mr SA feeling better, I'm wondering if he's been off as he had the last of his childhood vaccinations (MMR) last week. I'm ok and work is ok Buffy, thanks for asking :) Work not as busy at the moment, we are having some big announcements on Thursday, we will all be gathered at 11am in each office, wherever you are in the country, to hear them at the same time. No doubt yet more office closures, cutbacks, packing us in like sardines, etc.

I've got mixed feelings about the carer going. Mr SA is pleased about it and so is the carer so what more can I say.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Firstly I just want to say how awful what happened in Paris last night, just dreadful :(

Well the announcements at work went ok, no surprises, our office is safe, will be one of the regional centres thankfully. Feel for those in the smaller offices who will have to move though. Can't believe the press said there'd be hundreds of job losses. It's not true. People might decide to leave rather than move.

Another week has whizzed by. Have done most of Christmas present shopping so VSP is dwindling fast, but that's what it's for, so we don't have to skimp at Christmas. Got Mr SA a beer advent calendar from Groupon, he loves it. I usually get him a chocolate one and he has been known to open it at the bottom, slide the chocolates out and eat them so there's nothing behind the doors! He's been warned not to do it this time!

Had a very nice surprise this morning in the post. If you can remember I got a cheque for over £300 the other week for the card protection scheme I'd been. I got another cheque for almost £200 today from my bank for the same thing as I took out the protection via them and the first repayment didn't cover pre 2005. :) Extremely welcome as credit card bill is bonkers this month, although I've done some calculations and I've got it covered (just!!).

Mr SA ok, been grumpy more than anything. Have heard from the woman whose hubby has the same condition and she says there was talk of a possibility of it being caused by chemicals used in roofing. Funnily enough when Mr SA was first admitted to hospital he had a full body scan and they asked me if he had worked with chemicals as he had some small clots in his lungs which they dispersed. It makes you wonder.
  • beanielou
    Options
    A beer advent calander :rotfl:

Good news on office news.

Hurrah for another cheque.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Paris is just heartbreaking :(.

Great news that your job is safe and the extra cheque :j Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Forgot to report an MSE type dealing: I have a subscription to Sunday Times plus Spotify Premium which runs out soon for £8 a month. Rang the Times to say I want to drop the paper subscription as can't afford to keep both Spotify at £9.99 a month and paper at £8 a month now and would rather keep Spotify. I had Spotify Premium before this offer and use it a lot. Result is they have reduced Sunday Times subs to just £1 per week. As they pointed out this is cheaper than any other Sunday paper.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great result :)
    Sadly I have run out of the i vouchers & cant justify them at the mo :(

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Have you tried ringing them Beanie. I'm glad I did. They might reduce it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure