Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Congratulations on the new Grandchild :j. Lovely news.

Support through the Carer's centre sounds just the ticket. They usually have a range of options available, from group support, 1:1 counselling and even massage.

Holiday :T:T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a nice lunch with friends today. Can you remember when Mr SA had that check up and I said I saw one of them at the hospital, well her myeloma is back and she is having chemo and has got to have another stem cell transplant. She is so positive and I don't doubt that she'll beat it again. We are going to meet up again before Christmas.

I'm off to the hairdressers tomorrow afternoon - I look like the Dulux Dog at the moment! I suggested to Mr SA he meet me afterwards and we go to Christmas market in town and then for a drink. He is moaning about not being able to walk far. I just thought it was a nice idea. Oh well.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Not been out this weekend apart from hairdressers and walking the dog. Don't like this cold weather :(

Mr SA hasn't been very good this weekend, he says he's been having a couple of bad days, I'd like to know when he has a good day as I haven't noticed one in a long time.

Back to work tomorrow boo, but next weekend is a long one, I'm off Monday 30th and Tuesday 1st so looking forward to that. Then all the work meals start up so Christmas will begin :)
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SA

Really feel for you re the Christmas market....

Would revisiting the idea of a mobility scooter be appropriate? I am also thinking this is a much safer option if OH is desperate for a coffee and now not having the carer to take him.......

Sending a hug
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hello all!

BM I've been thinking along the same lines. Will discuss with the OT on Thursday. However, he is convinced he will be driving again soon.

Got home from work yesterday to find Mr SA had switched the electric off at the mains to move the cupboard housing the meter to make more room for the DFS delivery which is coming tomorrow. Which meant me reprogramming the central heating, microwave, cooker timer and digital clock - !!!!

This morning got up to old cat had been sick, pooped in cat litter plus pooped in two awkward to get to corners of the dining room, Mr SA had left a light on in the living room and also forgot to switch the pond fountain off so had been on all night and last but very much not least - DD had left the hob ring on ALL NIGHT!!!!!! The cupboards surrounding it were red hot, the kitchen was red hot and I think we were very close to having a fire. Then I went upstairs to get ready for work, switched the bedside lamp on and the bulb blew. All before 6am.

The rest of today has been a doddle compared to all this!

Now sitting in a very empty living room prior to sofa delivery tomorrow.
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    good grief! Hope DD doesn't do that too often :eek:

Hope the new sofa looks amazing!
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    As bad as all that is, thank goodness it didn't end up a whole lot worse :eek::eek::eek:.

Happy new sofa tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    phew..lucky escape. Thank god you noticed.
    Enjoy the DFS delivery :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new sofa's.

:eek: to DD. Thought my DS was bad!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hello all, time has been flying past me as usual

New sofa looks fab and Mr SA's armchair is just right for him to get out of without a kerfuffle involving his stick. The old sofas have been moved into the dining room and the sofa that used to be in the dining room is going to charity. It's like a DFS showroom here at the moment!

On Thursday it wasn't the OT visiting it was someone from Adult Social Care to assess Mr SA, the OT visit is still to come. They think he still needs a carer and wil recommend it in their report. However, as he is still adamant he'll be fine on his own they will let him have 6 weeks on his own and review. The lady visiting said she is very concerned about him being alone all day especially with his falls. I had a separate carer assessment the next day and will get another payment. Don't know if it will be £200 again but I'm happy to receive anything. Mr SA is fed up with all the faffing about and just wants to be left alone.

He gave the carer the day off on Friday then took the dog on the park and fell over, managed to get himself up using the park railings. He now only has 3 days of the carer left as I'm off Monday and Tuesday.

We went to see DS and family on the train yesterday but it was too much for Mr SA he was absolutely exhausted when we got back home. We got soaked walking back from the bus stop. So that's another thing he doesn't want to do again!

As I mentioned I'm off work until Wednesday - bliss :) Payday tomorrow. Got tons of little jobs to do, finances to sort out, etc. Going nowhere today other than taking the dog out. Supposed to be going in town tomorrow if Mr SA has recovered by then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport