Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning SA

Ooooh that countdown to holiday.... Sun sea and sleep!

I really feel for you re job, isn't it sad, when you are doing a fantastic job for an employer, and they have been previously been so supportive changes because of one or two people. When I have previously talked to clients, I often remind them that is not the job that is making them feel low etc but the environment they work in, and so the only choice is sometimes to move on.... If you closed your eyes what would you love to do ( except winning the lottery and retiring!).

Been thinking about Mr SA, really understand when a medical condition stabilises and your functional abilities will not improve further. However, I do believe that you can function better if your level of fitness/healthy lifestyle is the best it can be. If I was his coach ( that's my new business coaching those with lifelong conditions) I would perhaps be encouraging Mr SA to loose that extra weight, it would help his balance. Would he consider Swimming? Our local pool will reduce the entrance fee if you have a GP referral. - it's called something like a fitness certificate.

Counting down with you.... To a well deserved break x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Big hugs re work and life in general XX

am flat out busy now but wanted to come by and wish you a lovely holiday XXXXXXX

so with you on things to look forward to and a new job.

massive congrats on the debt front so impressed! XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks as always ladies :)

BM I think my ideal job would definitely involve talking - I worked in an estate agents for 10 years and I loved the interaction with customers. When I'm helping people on the phone at work I love it. I also love organising things, sorting things out, which is a good part of what I do at the moment. I had my ideal job until Tweedledee and Tweedledum came along. I'll give it until next spring and if things don't improve then I'm afraid it's time for a change. Can't say fairer than that.

First time we put the heating on yesterday and you've guessed it the boiler didn't work. Luckily have British Gas Homecare agreement so fixed today. Of course got the usual blurb about boiler being old, parts hard to get, need £1000 power flush, blah, blah, blah.

Once debt us paid off I need to find out if I can get home improvement loan for said boiler, new kitchen and bathroom. Either that or move.

Bought Mr SA lovely polo shirt from Fat Face sale, reduced from £28 to £9. Ideal for holiday and he's chuffed to bits with it.

BM he would love to go swimming, it would be a safe exercise for him, at least he can't fall. Problem is I can't swim and he doesn't fancy going with his carer. His carer has Crohn's disease and has a bag so not sure if he could go anyway. We sound a right sorry bunch don't we? It's possible local pool do attended swimming for disabled - need to check.

One more day at work - bliss!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Last day at work today has been beyond manic with everyone suddenly realising they need xyz before I go. Wanted to finish at 3.30 at the latest after a 07.25 start but ended up staying until 4.30.

Off to bed now as have a Mr M delivery at 7.30 tomorrow, stuff for DD and animals. Getting my nails done at 10 and then taking Mr SA to local for his last burger fix before holiday. He won't eat "foreign" burgers!!!!! Tons to do tomorrow - book taxi for airport (got to get up at 3am :(), finish packing and supervise Mr SA's packing, clean up, washing and ironing, etc so very busy day. Will be SO glad to put feet up for a week!
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please remember to breath :D before you sit on the plane.

Have a fantasia holiday x :T:)
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Just popping in to say:

:D :cool2: Bon Voyage! :cool2: :D

Hope you and MrSA have a fantastic holiday, Sun.A! :j
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy pretty nails.

Have a fandabidosulous holiday

I agree with OH foreign burgers are yuck! :)

Looking forward to hearing all about your hols when you get back

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Have a super time Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a fabarooni time~you so deserve it :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    We're back safe and sound! We had a fab time, weather was like a summer holiday and Mr SA only had one fall. He forgot his walking stick (plus his phone and the new slip on shoes I got him!!!) and fell on the uneven pavements almost banging his head on a parked car. Luckily two passers by helped me get him up. Bought him a new stick the next day and he was fine after that. We flew with Ryanair and I wouldn't bother again unless it was a really good deal, they took Mr SA's hand luggage off him and put it in the hold even though the bag was empty - I literally took everything out of it and carried it in my arms on board - so what was the point of that! The plane was cramped and far too small for a flight longer than 2 hours.

Now back to reality :(

Still working out finances so will post update later. Daren't weigh myself but jeans feel a bit tight :( so need to get back on track.

We had care assessment today to see if Mr SA's care is still to be funded and the social worker didn't turn up again - this is the third time in a row. So the assessor (from GEM) decided to grant the care funding without the social worker. Mr SA had a bit of a meltdown and the assessor said he needs to see GP about his depression and anxiety. Also she thinks he needs to be put back in touch with the falls team as he is falling regularly. She said he would benefit from a gym referral from GP to see if gym programme to build his strength up would help as he can't get back up after falling.

Now off to catch up with other diaries.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure