🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,608 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks ladies - it's heartening to hear your stories about teenage offspring now responsible adults. My DS caused a lot of arguments between Mr SA and I at the time. My mum always said I was a good teenager - mmm - I was good at covering my tracks more like :)

So far today I've done an online shop via My Supermarket and Mr A is the cheapest for what I want this week, even taking into account Mr M staff discount and £6 off voucher Mr T sent me. Mr SA wanted CK Aqua spray (still cringing at the Debenhams incident) and it was much much cheaper at All Beauty than anywhere else £21.45 for 50ml free delivery. So went through Top Cash Back and got 6.75% cash back too.

I'm going to sit Mr SA down and make him see that the sneaky spends are impacting on lunches out at the weekend etc to see if that works. Some of the things he buys are needed eg door hinge and garden shears but not yet more fish for the pond or that hideous solar powered bird light!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello honey

Hope all is ok with you

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    yep, was wondering where you were :)

sending hugs XXXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    :think: Have Sun.A and MrSA gone on holiday yet?

..No, not 'til next weekend:
    Sun_Addict wrote:
    11-09-2014................4 weeks today we'll be in Lanzarote.

Hope all is well at Sunny Towers, Sun.A. :grouphug:
  • Sun_Addict
    edited 5 October 2014 at 9:01AM
    Options
    Hello all, sorry I've not been around, I've been really busy at work and too tired to post when I get home. Mr SA is ok (for him), still tired and his mobility isn't good but he's plodding on.

We go on holiday Thursday woo hoo! I'm so ready for a break away from everything. I did think maybe I should've just had a week at home, had a couple of days out and put the money towards debt but I won't think that when I'm sitting in the sun :) and after what happened last year you never know when it's going to be Mr SA's last holiday so no regrets really.

The good news is the debt is now looking like this:

Halifax £1620
    Barclaycard £0
    M&S card £0
    Tesco card £0

Total = £1620 :)

The Barclycard will now be cancelled. Should be do-able to hit my target of debt free by the end of next month. I can afford to pay £1400 fairly easily but the other £220 will be a bit harder.

Will catch up with other diaries later, we're off to town soon for Mr SA's coffee shop fix!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know you and MrSA are ok, Sun.A. :T

You're doing so wonderfully at beating down debt; you definitely deserve a break in the sunshine. :cool2:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know you and MrSA are ok, Sun.A. :T

You're doing so wonderfully at beating down debt; you definitely deserve a break in the sunshine. :cool2:

Seconded by me :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^^ thirded by me

X
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    And I'll be fourth!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Aw thanks ladies :)

For the first time in ages I don't have the Sunday night blues - maybe because I only have 2 working days until holiday :)

I used to love my job until they brought in new managers who think you should record everything you do like time and motion. My job isn't like that - I am a PA and one minute I can be doing one thing and the next something else. I don't work on a production line. The office used to be so relaxed and they are trying to change it for the worse. Why?

Anyway I've decided to concentrate on what's important like Mr SA, paying off debt, driving down grocery bills and losing weight. Stuff work, it pays the bills, end of. Shame though. After holiday I will start looking for something else. Time to move on methinks.

Mr SA cadged a few bits of clothes today, not for holiday, he's put on quite a bit of weight due to inactivity and nothing fits him. He's fed up about it. He's using his stick all the time now, part of me is pleased because it keeps his balance better but part of me thinks it means he's given in. He battled against using it for a while. He fell over this afternoon at the top of the stairs, I had to help him up but he is so heavy. They said he would be the best he's going to be at the end of this year so not looking great but obviously a million times better than last summer so shouldn't complain.

Two more work get ups to go - woo hoo!!! Wednesday off to get nails done (got deal from Wahanda - shellac on hands and feet for £26) and pack case. Then a big get up as flight leaves at 06.30 on Thursday - yawn.

Now time to go to bed. Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport