Bagging a bargain UK hotel from Londontown.com

Options

Comments

• Nordictat2
    Options
    robgb wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for this great tip.

I'm having trouble finding a nice hotel for 2 nights during 21st-23rd Dec, as a cheaper price than on londontown.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

I saw quite a few Travelodge's for your dates on the supersaver section
    https://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_search/index.php for £49 a night so check them out ;)
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • tentickles666
    Options
    ive just submitted a claim. wish me luck!

if you pay on departure are you sure you get the room for the lower rate? does this mean the hotel might swill my tea mug round the toilet lol
  • tentickles666
    Options
    no reply yet. im starting to feel like if i could go back in time i would chicken out.... (booked a hotel more ££ than i usually would lol)
  • tentickles666
    Options
    shame... just got this email...

I hope you are well and thank you for sending me your Best Price Guarantee claim.

I have investigated your claim and unfortunately it is not a valid one as Lastminute.com will charge you a cancellation fee. But as a good will gesture I have spoken to the hotel and they agreed to match the cheaper rate of £120 Ex VAT.

Your new total is now £141.00

so i cancelled and resisted the urge to point out that £141 does not match £120 lol.....
  • woolfek
    woolfek Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to find a deal that i thought qualified for their offer, but they mailed me back and stated that the difference in the deals was that London Town offered a "Same Day No Fee Cancellation" and that we were able to pay upon check-out. Therefore i did not qualify. Its no problem though, as it is possible to cancel the Hotel before 2pm of the arrival date. Just for info. Good Luck!
    Kev
  • meinnit
    meinnit Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if Londontown accept a claim for Double/Twin against a Double type room?
  • meinnit
    meinnit Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found a cheaper deal at https://www.all-hotels.com with same room, breakfast and cancellation policy as Londontown. The only difference is a non-refundable charge of $4.95 per booking.

Will this invalidate the claim? Has anyone successfully used All-Hotels as a comparison?
  • scwood_2
    Options
    Hi, im looking for a fairly cheap hotel in central london, for 18th -20th April, does anyone know any? Or any that are cheaper than LONdontown.com. Have booked a travelodge in docklands as backup plan in case i cant find anything else. Thanks :j
  • pretzelgirl
    pretzelgirl Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    i can anyone point me in the direction of a fairly cheaply priced hotel in ,near or around,even about 30 mins away from londons o2 arena?? know very little about the area,and am useless at spotting bargain hotel rooms ...so all help appreciated. (ps room needed for 2 adults on july 3rd)
  • Megalomaniac
    Megalomaniac Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    I have tried this... not sure if the cancellations are the same or not - have to cancel by 6pm the day before on London Town, one day before on the active hotels and late rooms websites. Will see if this works. If not, no harm in trying and I'll just cancel the booking anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure