Bagging a bargain UK hotel from Londontown.com

Options

Comments

• mobile-advice
    Options
    Thistle Inverness also appears to be cheaper on Bookings.com (£141/£119) - make sure you specify 1 adult for both sites. As far as I can see, everything else is the same.
  • ang68
    ang68 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    ang68 wrote: »
    Budget flyer

Im trying to find a cheap hotel in Bristol for the weekend 7/8 July. Ive searched londontown found a hotel (although they only came up with a choice of 3). Checked out the 4 sites (active.hotels and others) but couldnt find anything cheaper. Founder much cheaper prices on other sites but wasnt sure if t/c were the same. Does this sound right? Help

Hi
    I went to hotelopia, opodo, hotelclub, holiday nights, hotel pronto, hotel connect and hotel clud they all offered cheaoer rates. Does the price guarantee work on bookings for 1 night?

Thanks
  • mobile-advice
    Options
    My claim got kicked out because the site has a 24-hour cancellation instead of the 2pm on date of arrival.

Hardly any websites on the web that I have seen so far offers a similar cancellation policy.
  • Smick100
    Smick100 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I presume that while you can only claim once, having a claim thrown out does not count towards that?
  • mobile-advice
    Options
    I think it's one successful claim and that's it.

If anyone can find anything in Scotland for a weekend in July, let me know.
  • tescobootsmad
    Options
    Hi,
    I am looking at booking at hotel room & breakfast & Dinner (flexible rate), on Londontown.com price is £132, direct with hilton hotels price is £117, cancellation policy on both is B4 4pm, will this be OK to get difference + £100 back? Advice from people who have done this would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    tescobootsmad. Looks a good un. What have tou to lose? You can afterall cancel the booking if they KB it. Its win win win !
    heres an extract from t&cs below. They dont say anything about direct brands. Does the Hilton price include taxes though ?
    When is the Guarantee valid? 3.Unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions or at the time of making your hotel booking, the Guarantee is valid provided that: (i) The "identical offer" is at least 5 pence cheaper than the price you paid;
    (ii) You have a confirmed booking which was made through the website https://www.londontown.com;
    (iii) You do not cancel your booking at any time;
    (iv) Your booking is based on a publicly available rate; the Guarantee is not valid for group, corporate, member or any other discounted or negotiated rates;
    (v) The specific hotel and location is known to you at the time of your booking; the Guarantee is not valid where you are told which hotel and location you will be staying in after you have made your booking;
    the full t&cs are at
    http://www.londontown.com/hotels/lowestPriceGuarantee/terms.php?languageId=EN
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Will the £100 work on this?
    Hotel 1. LateRooms Room only no breakfast
    Thistle Trafalgar Square

Arrival Date
    Sun 19 August 2007
    No. of nights
    No. of Rooms
    Room 1
    Superior
    sleeps 2
    Occupancy
    No. of Adults 2
    No. of Children 0
    Room Total
    £129.00

2. London Town - Room Only
    Deluxe Double Room NO £ 308 t1.gif 55% t1.gif £ 139Deluxe Twin Room NO £ 308 t1.gif 55% t1.gif £ 139
    Is this the same comparison?
    Superior or Deluxe no other options, unless can you call LondonTown to confirm £100?
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Deluxe Double Room NO £ 308 t1.gif 55% t1.gif £ 139Deluxe Twin Room NO £ 308 t1.gif 55% t1.gif £ 139
    Is this the same comparison?
    Superior or Deluxe no other options, unless can you call LondonTown to confirm £100?

Dont call Londontown ! Call Hilton, Find out, is there a difference between "deluxe" and "superior".

If no, then mention this as supporting evidence to LT when submitting your claim
  • robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Good point, as I want to find their price cheaper lol
    Help me to help you :santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business