Bagging a bargain UK hotel from Londontown.com

Options

Comments

• Beanie1973
    Beanie1973 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hi would appreciate help on this one if anyone has successfully done this how did they prove the rate was cheaper as unless I have misread this you can't provide a screenshot to prove this, this could mean the difference from me having a night away or a weekend away from a very stressed mum with a son going through the terrible twos!!!

Thanks
  • pintofmilk
    pintofmilk Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    BudgetFlyer mentions following companies qualify for Londontown.com offer:
    Active Hotels
    Booking.com
    Venere.com
    Laterooms.com

You can search 3 of these instantly on sletoh hotels comparison.

Cheers
    Ben

P.S. ActiveHotels and Booking.com are actually the same company and I have never seen them have different prices!
  • shopping_queen_2
    Options
    A word of warning on the so called 'Price Promise'.

I think it's set up so that Londontown.com never have to pay it - there's such a variery of factors to meet to satisfy their T&C's that it's almost impossible to match.

I made a booking and then found the same hotel elsewhere at a significantly lower price and with a better package (the other website included breakfast in the deal) and I therefore made a claim. It was, however, turned down as the cancellation terms differed.

Has anyone had any success with a claim on this site?
  • iwmorg
    iwmorg Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    see my post above - they've confirmed that they will give me the £100 after my stay in London in July - and have given me a rate of £191 instead of £330 odd.

so my two nights for two with breakfast at the ramada Hyde Park will only cost 91 quid!! :beer:
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks iwmorg, nice to see you get a result.

Shopping_queen, obviously they dont chuck money at you for any random booking where the t&cs and booking conds are different. Whether you are getting breakfast elsewhere but not on London Town is irrelevent.
    ITS GOT TO BE THE SAME.

Just as with EJH dd guarantee. Do it right-get a result.
    Get lazy, and try to chance it, you fall foul.

Actually just as in life.

The good thing about LT guarantee is if they reject it, 9/10 times you can cancell without penalty
  • aurora_borealis_2
    aurora_borealis_2 Posts: 13,477 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers for this.

Right, I'm off to look for Brighton 6th and 7th July.

Feel free to help me :)
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • ang68
    ang68 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Budget flyer

Im trying to find a cheap hotel in Bristol for the weekend 7/8 July. Ive searched londontown found a hotel (although they only came up with a choice of 3). Checked out the 4 sites (active.hotels and others) but couldnt find anything cheaper. Founder much cheaper prices on other sites but wasnt sure if t/c were the same. Does this sound right? Help
  • budgetflyer
    Options
    what sites are cheaper ?
  • mobile-advice
    Options
    Is Superbreak.com eligible? I have found a deal where they are a lot cheaper, same board, dates, room. Only thing is they take full payment at time of the booking, is this a dealbreaker?
  • budgetflyer
    Options
    Afraid so, unless you can get a pay up front price off LT. They do do these for some hotels. Risky though as often these cheaper pay upfront rates are non cancellable
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure