MSE News: Flower firm fails lovers on Valentine's Day

"Arena Flowers has admitted red roses it promised to deliver today will not turn up on time ..."
Read the full story:

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• What about the people who didn't order through the MSE deal? Will we be getting refunds?
  • Arena Flowers have said on their own face book page "ArenaFlowers - We process all orders just before the delivery date. These are fresh flowers and the aim is to have them from the grower to you in as short as possible a time. We have plenty of flowers and it is not a question of the quantity of supply."

So they are telling two different stories here. There are thousands (including myself) who are disgusted with this company.
  • WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Martin - perfect excuse to give my valantine.

Possible money saving tip of the year I think ... and we are only 6 weeks in. :beer:
  • victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Wywth wrote: »
    Thanks Martin - perfect excuse to give my valantine.

Possible money saving tip of the year I think ... and we are only 6 weeks in. :beer:

Aww so naughty:rotfl::rotfl:
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • Boony2310Boony2310 Forumite
    20 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    There is another thread full of unhappy customers including myself, here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=59358943&posted=1#post59358943

A very poor show from Arena, valentines day ruined.
  • RudessRudess Forumite
    197 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Is there a chance that only those that ordered through the MSE deal are affected, while those who paid full price are not?

In any case it is a disgrace and the company should send these flowers anyway and give full refund. They need to pay for their mistake.
  • I also got an email from Debenhams Flowers at 1149pm last night, I'd taken up the MSE offer as well;

"Dear Customer We regret to inform you that we were unable to dispatch your order for delivery on Thursday 14th February 2013. This came about due to our supply of fresh flowers from Holland arriving late due to the adverse weather conditions. We are sincerely sorry about this and would like to offer you the following options:- Option 1 – A full refund to the full value of your order AND a discount of 33% off your next purchase to recompense you for the inconvenience this has caused Option 2 – Delivery of your order on Friday 15th February 2013 or Saturday 16th February 2013, which would include a complimentary upgrade on the size of your bouquet and an additional upgrade to include 250g of chocolates Please could you inform of us the option you would like to take up by email by 3pm on Thursday 14th February 2013. Please reply to [email protected] quoting your original order number. May we again apologise for any inconvenience caused Kind Regards Debenhams Flowers"

Have gone for the delivery tomorrow, but it's not Valentines Day. Ho Hum!
  • victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Boony2310 wrote: »
    There is another thread full of unhappy customers including myself, here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=59358943&posted=1#post59358943

A very poor show from Arena, valentines day ruined.

I can imagine you are very :mad: but it's not valentines ruined, you could pop out and buy a small bunch if you felt you had to whilst taking option b with an upgrade of size for tomorrow.

It is very unfortunate but they are giving very fair alternative dates/ deals:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • EugeneBEugeneB Forumite
    51 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I wonder whether people can claim for incurred loss if they had to buy elsewhere on the day?..
  • Rudess wrote: »
    Is there a chance that only those that ordered through the MSE deal are affected, while those who paid full price are not?

In any case it is a disgrace and the company should send these flowers anyway and give full refund. They need to pay for their mistake.
    I ordered a completely different bouquet and have had my order delayed until tomorrow too.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion