Flight delay compensation, all other non-EU airlines

Options

Comments

• ourliam
    Options
    Just looking a bit of advice ,
    Our Emirates flight from Denpasar ( Bali ) to Dubai was Changed which lead to us missing our Connection flight to Dublin . We had to wait 8 hours for the next flight from Dubai to Dublin . Please advise if we would be due any compensation .
    Kind Regards
    Liam ..
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry, Non-EU airline flying from non-EU airport = no compensation
  • Katy1963
    Options
    Hi looking for some advice please. We flew to Turkey with Thomas Cook, return journey was with Turkish Airlines, one stop at Istanbul. 4 days into our 2 week holiday we received an email from TA saying our flight home was cancelled, we should have been traveling home on Thurs 26th Sept at 6.25am, landing in Istanbul at 8.40am then onto Gatwick . They told us we had to be on a flight the previous day, Wednesday 25th at 6pm, meaning we would have had to leave early afternoon, missing a paid for night at our villa. We complained over numerous phone calls, there were seats available on the Thursday morning at 11 am which would have been perfect but they said there was only business class seats left and if we wanted them.we would have to pay extra ( 1600 for 2!) ... we ended up having to take a flight at 2.45 am on the Thursday morning, extremely unsocialble times and still losing our last night. Are we entitled to any compensation seeing as they cancelled the original flight?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not under regulation 261/2004 as Turkish airlines is a Non EU airline departing non EU airport.
    But presumably a package holiday, so you should have some redress under ABTA/ATOL cover?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Katy1963
    Options
    No it was a private rental, and separate bought flights
  • Maxi21
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding a flight delay and I haven't been able to get a definitive answer from Googling or reading this site.

I booked a flight from Dublin to Melbourne with Etihad with a stopover in Abu Dhabi. It was bought as a single booking. My flight from Dublin took off on time and landed in Abu Dhabi on time. The second leg took off several hours late and arrived into Melbourne 4 hours behind schedule. Is this delay covered by the EU regulations, or is it exempt?

Many thanks
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Yes, it is covered. What was the reason for the delay Abu Dhabi?
  • popinjay123
    Options
    I've tried from April to get compensation for a delayed/canx flight without success...

Does anyone know who to contact directly, preferably that speak english...
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and then euclaim and see what they say. What were the circumstances which lead you to believe that you are due compensation give us the details flight no, day, date and as I said the reason for the claim delayed flight, cancelled flight
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, it is covered. What was the reason for the delay Abu Dhabi?

A stopover indicates >24 hours in Abu Dhabi. Would this still be covered?

Maxi21 - did you mean a stopover or a connection of under 24 hours (layover)?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback