Flight delay compensation, all other non-EU airlines

Options

Comments

• nb88
    nb88 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your response.

I checked using EUClaim and it came up with!“Good news! You could be entitled to 600eur per passenger!”

It was a flight from London to Miami that was delayed and I missed my subsequent connection to Monterrey and took the next flight, 24 hours later.

I have no doubt I’m entitled to compensation based on the delay time, departure & destination, etc. - just seems that the airline believes late cabin crew counts as ‘extraordinary circumstances’

Thanks again:cool:
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Now google and download Vaubans guide for your next move.
  • lexiLD
    lexiLD Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2018 at 7:50PM
    Options
    Hello, I am hoping one of you excellent experts can point me in the right direction for flight compensation for the following details. Bott and Co automated tool says out of their jurisdiction too.

Booked:
    Birmingham to Turin, via Brussels. This was booked via Brussels Airlines. I was due to arrive Turin at 5.15pm.

The Birmingham to Brussels part, operated by CityJet, was fine.

The Brussels to Turin part was cancelled at the gate. This leg was operated by ‘Air Nostrom’ (according to FlightStats) who I gather might be connected in some way to Iberia, however the only flight number any compensation calculators recognise is the Brussels Airlines ‘SN’ number. Brussels Airlines staff were operating the check in desk and the only reason given for delay was that the plane was still in France.

After cancellation I was put on a new flight from Brussels to Turin via Frankfurt, which is due into Turin at 22.45 (5.5 hours after original scheduled arrival).

I was wondering whether anybody can help me confirm, from all of the carriers mentioned above, to which I am supposed to apply to for compensation? Will the fact that Bott and Co are unable to help with the claim mean I am less likely to succeed?

Many thanks in advance.
  • nb88
    Options
    Thanks! Looking at the guide, going to a compensation firm may be the best option for me if I have no success alone. Giving up 30% of the funds may be worth it to save hassle.:money:
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lexiLD wrote: »
    Hello, I am hoping one of you excellent experts can point me in the right direction for flight compensation for the following details. Bott and Co automated tool says out of their jurisdiction too.

Booked:
    Birmingham to Turin, via Brussels. This was booked via Brussels Airlines. I was due to arrive Turin at 5.15pm.

The Birmingham to Brussels part, operated by CityJet, was fine.

The Brussels to Turin part was cancelled at the gate. This leg was operated by ‘Air Nostrom’ (according to FlightStats) who I gather might be connected in some way to Iberia, however the only flight number any compensation calculators recognise is the Brussels Airlines ‘SN’ number. Brussels Airlines staff were operating the check in desk and the only reason given for delay was that the plane was still in France.

After cancellation I was put on a new flight from Brussels to Turin via Frankfurt, which is due into Turin at 22.45 (5.5 hours after original scheduled arrival).

I was wondering whether anybody can help me confirm, from all of the carriers mentioned above, to which I am supposed to apply to for compensation? Will the fact that Bott and Co are unable to help with the claim mean I am less likely to succeed?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi lexiLD,

It may be worth giving Botts a call and talking it through with them, they may be able to help.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Tyzap
    Options
    nb88 wrote: »
    just seems that the airline believes late cabin crew counts as ‘extraordinary circumstances’

Thanks again:cool:

They would be wrong in their belief, it's just an effort to wriggle off the hook in this case. Under some circumstances it can be an EC, but not in your case.

Only use a nwnf solicitor, not a management claims company where things can go VERY wrong.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    bott & co or euclaim
  • Tyzap
    Options
    bott & co or euclaim

I would always recommend Bott & Co first, as I have used them twice and know how good they are. Plus they are regulated solicitors here in the UK.

Having said that EUclaim are a very good company and something of a pioneer who I would not hesitate to use myself, if it were not for Botts.

I have met senior staff at both companies and was impressed by both:)
  • nb88
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your valuable help.
    Will keep you updated with how it goes for future reference.
  • Hi,

I arrived at the airport on 22nd Dec to see that my 11:30am Delta flight from Edinburgh to JFK was cancelled. This was due to one of the crew being sick and thus aircraft never left America.

The airline offered alternative flight the next day (advised via email) but when I went to Delta desk at the airport, they moved me onto the United flight at 9:10am to Newark.

This meant that we still arrived in New York on our chosen date, just with alternate airline, alternate airport and of course meant that we had a crazy rush to get to the departure gate as the flight was leaving earlier. It also meant my partner and I started off our dream holiday seated separately (as this was all United could fit).

I have looked up information and from what I can see I may be entitled to compensation from Delta but I am unsure as it is a little unclear and have no idea where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure