Flight delay compensation, all other non-EU airlines

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long have resolver been dealing with this?, in any case, complete their online form
  • cg87
    cg87 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    The case began on the 7th jan. I received a reply from resolver when I asked them about AirMarocs response and they told me I should complete their form and make record of my actions and upload copies to my file. When I went to fill in the online form though the drop down menu for incidents doesn't offer an option for 'flight delay' or anything closely related to it. So I wrote back to air maroc and resolver but I've yet to hear from either. My case says I can escalate but I thought I'd wait a few days to give them a chance to respond.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cg87 wrote: »
    Im not sure what I should do since my impression is that I would be leaving the Resolver team to deal with AirMaroc directly.

There is no "Resolver team". Resolver's just a tool that makes it easier for customers to write a complaint. There's no downside claiming yourself directly from the airline.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some airlines refuse to deal with the Resover system. Maybe AirMaroc are one of these.
    As long as you have downloaded and read Vauban's guide, the template letters in there for your use are probably better than anything generic resolver throws up.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • wertherdog
    Options
    Hello!

I'm looking for advice please - I was scheduled to fly at 11:50am from Gatwick on 21st Jan, to Calgary with WestJet.

Our flight was delayed until 6pm on the same day.

Whilst at the airport, I sent a tweet to WestJet, asking the reason for the delay. They replied and told me it was a mechanical issue. (I have screenshotted my tweet and their reply.) A few people on my flight also mentioned that it was a mechanical fault - they had asked airport staff.

I've just looked into receiving compensation for the flight, as I lost money on my bus ticket to my next destination, as well as money for a hostel, a taxi to the hostel and a new bus the next day. We arrived in Calgary over 6 hours late. On the compensation checker, I've been informed that I'm not entitled to anything as the flight was delayed due to bad weather.

Does anybody else have any experience of this please?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    Have you actually claimed from WestJet and have they responded? If not, that would be my first step.
  • wertherdog
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'd already submitted a claim with WestJet, but still no word for them. EU Claims said they couldn't deal with my request, but bottonline said I was entitled to €600 so I've submitted my claim there too! We'll see what happens!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Options
    wertherdog wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I'd already submitted a claim with WestJet, but still no word for them. EU Claims said they couldn't deal with my request, but bottonline said I was entitled to €600 so I've submitted my claim there too! We'll see what happens!

the flight was only this week, I think you are a bit quick to involve a third party before you have even given the airline an opportunity to respond - you will now be giving 25%+ of your compensation
  • Walker70
    Options
    Norwegian Air turn down claim due to drone

Not seen any posts that would describe my position. We've had our claim rejected by Norwegian Air after staying 7 extra nights in the USA. On the day of the cancellation the Norwegian Air rep on the phone said we could claim back hotel costs and food but we would have to pay and sort ourselves. They couldn't get us on an earlier flight so we had to spend Christmas away from home and the family.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback