Flight delay compensation, all other non-EU airlines

Options

Comments

• roxlen11
    Options
    thanks ill read now

the delay there the captain called in sick ... the delay back they didn't book a captain on the flight so we had to wait for another captain to return from another flight to fly the plane :(
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    roxlen11 wrote: »
    thanks ill read now

the delay there the captain called in sick ... the delay back they didn't book a captain on the flight so we had to wait for another captain to return from another flight to fly the plane :(

If the delay on the way back was on United and leaving from outside the EU, then EU regulations do not apply
    Compensation for the outbound delay due to the cancellation will depend on the reason for the cancellation
  • roxlen11
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Read Vauban's guide - all the answers are in there.
    It would appear you have valid claims both ways, depending on the reason for delay/cancellations.

sorry to sound stupid how do I get to this guide?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    roxlen11 wrote: »
    sorry to sound stupid how do I get to this guide?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5042802
  • roxlen11
    Options
    ok thank you ill read up tonight so frustrating and confusing im assuming ones under EU and one isn't
  • stoichkov_74
    stoichkov_74 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2014 at 1:07PM
    Options
    I have a scenario with Emirates, and I've just had the email from them saying they aren't going to pay. I'm not sure whether to drop it or proceed, and would appreciate views.

Flight was from LHR to Sri Lanka via Dubai, booked on same ticket through from Emirates, connection time was only 1 hour 15.

Emirates flight into Dubai took off on time and landed 19 minutes late, due to air traffic control delays at Dubai.

On getting into the terminal at about 0700, we were informed by Emirates staff that we were too late to get our connecting flight to Sri Lanka, which was due to take off at 0745. As a result we were put on the next flight, and got there more than four hours after our original ETA.

So - do I have a claim?

Many thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Emirates flight into Dubai took off on time and landed 19 minutes late, due to air traffic control delays at Dubai.

ATC is not within airlines control so no claim
  • Jilly48
    Options
    Thank you Martin Lewis...our Qatar Airways flight to Singapore via Doha from Manchester was delayed in Manchester due to a technical fault. We arrived in Singapore over 6 hours late as we missed the connection in Doha. I followed the guidance on this website and contacted Qatar Airways who originally offered me a $150 voucher as compensation. I sent a response quoting the Jet 2 case in October 14 and they have now offered and arranged to pay us 600 euros per passenger. Thank you so much
  • uchi
    Options
    hey guys, i found this forum while looking at the main website and not being able to find my answer. my wife and i are canadian residents, we had a flight from toronto to iceland via iceland air and oru flight was delayed by 24 hours. im curious if iceland air falls in to the airlines covered by EC regulation 261/2004, i didnt see it listed and i cant find anything through their website, and also being canadian residents, are we eligible for any kind of refund? a fella from england told us about this website which is what brought us here. we emailed iceland air 2 weeks ago and theyve failed to respond to us.
  • retatco
    Options
    uchi wrote: »
    hey guys, i found this forum while looking at the main website and not being able to find my answer. my wife and i are canadian residents, we had a flight from toronto to iceland via iceland air and oru flight was delayed by 24 hours. im curious if iceland air falls in to the airlines covered by EC regulation 261/2004, i didnt see it listed and i cant find anything through their website, and also being canadian residents, are we eligible for any kind of refund? a fella from england told us about this website which is what brought us here. we emailed iceland air 2 weeks ago and theyve failed to respond to us.
    I think you are unlucky, see here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Iceland_to_the_European_Union
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback