Can I claim on a closed account, no account number?

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• graham1974_2
    Options
    hiya there natwestmember,
    i have no paperwork left that can confirm that my account was open in october 2002 or before,
    but it was somewhere around that date when i open'd my credit card account with them.
    does the date make a differance?
    cheers graham
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    graham1974 wrote: »
    hiya there natwestmember,
    i have no paperwork left that can confirm that my account was open in october 2002 or before,
    but it was somewhere around that date when i open'd my credit card account with them.
    does the date make a differance?
    cheers graham
    they should be able to trace the account using the NatWest archive which has a search facility on it.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • graham1974_2
    Options
    they should be able to trace the account using the NatWest archive which has a search facility on it.

and if it's after that date will they not be able to find my account details??:confused:
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    graham1974 wrote: »
    and if it's after that date will they not be able to find my account details??:confused:
    I haven't said that but I am thinking of the easiest way to locate the details for you
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • user7777
    Options
    hi all,
    This must have been asked before, so hoping someone will be able to help. can you reclaim charges if you are discharged bankrupt, with one of the creditors owed at the time (3yrs ago) was the bank you are claiming charges from?? any help info would be great thanks.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    user7777 wrote: »
    hi all,
    This must have been asked before, so hoping someone will be able to help. can you reclaim charges if you are discharged bankrupt, with one of the creditors owed at the time (3yrs ago) was the bank you are claiming charges from?? any help info would be great thanks.
    Only if you are claiming charges incurred since you were discharged from bankruptcy
  • user7777
    Options
    ok, thankyou orford, much appreciated
  • joshsurf
    Options
    I'm hoping someone can help me, I had a egg credit card around 2003/2004 of which I did a bank transfer to a HSBC credit card account in around 2005/2006 and closed the egg card account I also closed the HSBC account around 2009 . I have moved house a few times since then and cant find any account details at all for either account. I have been hitting dead ends with this, after being told by a few ppi claim companies that I could have a nice chunk back I thought i would try myself. Shall i keep trying to obtain old accout details? If so, how? Or shall i just bite the bullet and let an agency do the leg work and give up 30 % of the payment? Thanks for any direction
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    An agency won't do the leg work - they will expect you to supply them with details. All they are 'good' for is using the right words in the letters to the bank(s)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    All they are 'good' for is using the right words in the letters to the bank(s)
    Actually, the template letters they use are often too generic and can actually harm rather than further the complaint.

Claims Companies do very very little and charge a whole lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure