Can I claim on a closed account, no account number?

Options

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    Yes ally you can and enjoy doing it as well.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • give-it-a-go
    Options
    Having successfully claimed my bank charges from Lloyds TSB, I am now left with a void and in need of something else to do with my spare time :)

So to help I have decided to claim back the charges from my old credit card and my girlfriends closed bank account (if possible)

My question is how do I obtain statements for accounts I do not have the account numbers of? Can I simply request statements for all accounts held under my name without supplying a/c numbers.

Thanks in advance

Give-it-a-go
    Lloyds TSB - £1979 thank you :beer:
    Bank of Scotland - £650 awaiting court date
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Having successfully claimed my bank charges from Lloyds TSB, I am now left with a void and in need of something else to do with my spare time :)

So to help I have decided to claim back the charges from my old credit card and my girlfriends closed bank account (if possible)

My question is how do I obtain statements for accounts I do not have the account numbers of? Can I simply request statements for all accounts held under my name without supplying a/c numbers.

Thanks in advance

Give-it-a-go

They ought to be able to find them from your full name and address.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • sharon_currie
    Options
    I have a letter template to claim lost bank acc details. I have used this template to gain account numbers for which I no longer have your welcome to the template. Can I post such a letter on this site ?
  • give-it-a-go
    Options
    Thanks Steven and Sharon

I think you should be able to post your letter,

Thanks, Give-it-a-go
  • sharon_currie
    Options
    Thanks Steven and Sharon

I think you should be able to post your letter,

Thanks, Give-it-a-go

DO you have an email address to send it to
  • give-it-a-go
    Options
    DO you have an email address to send it to

Hi Sharon I have sent you a PM :beer:
  • amiijoanne
    Options
    I have a letter template to claim lost bank acc details. I have used this template to gain account numbers for which I no longer have your welcome to the template. Can I post such a letter on this site ?

Hi Sharone,

Do you still have that letter template? I'd be eternally greatful if you did and you could send me a copy.

I'm desperate to try to get bank charges claimed back and have no idea how to get the bank details from a closed account.

Many thanks
  • sharon_currie
    Options
    this is the letter for closed accounts

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER:Unknown
    Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, please supply me with all the account details including sort code and account number relating to myself at the above address as well as a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my bank account since 1996 to 2003. Alternatively a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I enclose a copy of my birth certificate as proof of my I.D.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held about myself.
    If you credit the £10 to my account, I will consider that you have waved the fee, and that the 40 days started on day you signed for the letter. You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the data protection act and that any failure to comply to this request could result in an investigation from the Information Commissioners Office. You have 40 days in which to comply.

Such submissions from yourselves that the relevant data is now only held on Microfiche in date order and can only be provided at extra cost etc is unacceptable as it implies that such data is nonetheless retrievable. In these circumstances, as opposed to copies of statements for the micro-fiched period, I will accept a detailed break-down of all charges levied to my account in date order.

<o:p></o:p>

Furthermore, I am sure you are now aware due to the sheer amount of these letters you receive plus the massive media attention, that every time you receive one of these letters it will be followed up by a request for a full refund of any disproportionate penalty charges, this will give you 14 days to do so before court action. Please note if I have to take court action to reclaim these charges then I will do so. Therefore, to save yourselves some time and money, if you could just refund all these charges dating back 6 years immediately you will not incur the court fees or your solicitor’s fees and interest I am entitled to claim.

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
    Yours faithfully,

If you cant get this letter to copy and paste onto wordpad I will gladly send the template to anyone that sends me an email with their email address
    I am not sure how to post this letter next to the list of letters on this site

Wullie :beer:
  • happyg_3
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if i can reclaim my bank charges from my old account.
    ive not had it for ten years and i dont have the account no but i know i was charged a lot during my time at barclays.
    If so does anyone know how i go about getting my old account no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure