We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Eh?

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When i saw this on the front page i thought .......... i remember reading this. So i've come straight to the end hoping to find out what happend.
    What's Catfish ?
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the OP has clickety clacked back under their bridge:D
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Calien27
    Calien27 Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    I was hoping there was an update :D:rotfl:
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SailorSam wrote: »
    When i saw this on the front page i thought .......... i remember reading this. So i've come straight to the end hoping to find out what happend.
    What's Catfish ?

MTV 10pm Mondays
    1886 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Options
    Catfish is a new series, the creator Nev was lied to online. He thought he was talking to a young girl, turned out to be a forty year old woman. He and a production team now fly around the U.S answering emails from ppl who have an online relationship and want to meet the other person..

We've been talking online for seven years but they've only sent me one photo. She won't talk to me on the phone (because she is a man!) You get the picture, the best bit is when they go round to the person's house and usually somebody weighing 30 stone appears instead of Miss Teen America aka Barbie weighing 6 stone
  • Ronaldo_Mconaldo
    Options
    I once heard this story about how there was a child protection department in the UK who had an officer online pretending to be some sweet and innocent young girl, in order to catch some internet weirdo who wanted to befriend them and meet up etc. Anyway at the same time in the US there was a department who came up with the idea of getting some officer to pretend to be Brad the 18 year old high school hunk or whatever and this officer would talk to girls and then give them a shouting at when they were looking like they were going to expose to much information about themselves or whatever.

Anyway these two officers managed to get chatting to each other thinking that they'd each hooked a right catch and they ended up talking to each other for weeks until they finally figured out what was going on.
  • emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    Options
    1886 wrote: »
    Catfish is a new series, the creator Nev was lied to online.

Which is a shame because he really is fit!
  • Mk14:37
    Mk14:37 Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what do we reckon, a troll playing on an episode of said MTV show? Surely someone who went through all of this drama in real life, detailing each step, can't help themselves from posting a final update of what actually happened. I smell a rat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport