Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Switch to 'Statements on Demand' rather than monthly statements. You will then get an accurate bill based on the meter readings that you provide. The only caveat is that the meter readings must be more than 14 days apart: if you so wish, you could have 2 statements per month.

Would "Statements on Demand" mean that you pay more in Winter than in Summer or do you still pay the same amount each month as with the monthly statements?
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,609 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    Would "Statements on Demand" mean that you pay more in Winter than in Summer or do you still pay the same amount each month as with the monthly statements?
    No, you still pay a direct debit amount calculated to cover the year. It just means you get a statement using your actual readings a day or so after you enter them.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Frankl
    Frankl Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I left OVO Energy in April and my new supplier started supplying my gas and electricity on 27th April. After this OVO still kept collecting monthly payments from me as well as my new supplier. This means that OVO is holding £104 of my money. I have contacted them twice regarding this situation and all they tell me is, rather curtly, is that they cannot close the account until they receive the final readings from my new supplier. These readings were given on 27th April 2015.
    Even contacting their CEO has no effect.
    Shame on OVO
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,609 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Frankl wrote: »
    I left OVO Energy in April and my new supplier started supplying my gas and electricity on 27th April. After this OVO still kept collecting monthly payments from me as well as my new supplier. This means that OVO is holding £104 of my money. I have contacted them twice regarding this situation and all they tell me is, rather curtly, is that they cannot close the account until they receive the final readings from my new supplier. These readings were given on 27th April 2015.
    Shame on OVO
    Contact your new supplier and ask them why their starting readings haven't been sent to OVO, if that is the case.
    I recently left OVO within the 42 days before the end of my fixed contract and had no trouble at all. They refunded my credit balance, didn't charge me an exit penalty, and stopped taking any further DD payments as soon as the new supplier took over.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 May 2015 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Shame on OVO

No point shouting at Ovo as the gaining supplier is responsible for managing the switching process. Contact your new supplier and ask why there is a delay? My guess is that there is a dispute over the readings that you have given and they have gone to a third party for resolution.

Edit:

It is only May and the losing supplier has, I think, up to 56 days to produce a final bill: more if your gas is via an IGT. Remember time to switch and time to bill are not the same. FWiW, Ovo is pretty quick to pay out once the final bill has been raised.
  • sschandoo
    sschandoo Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with OVO sine May last year and to be honest i never experienced any problems with them. I lie the fact that i get inteerest on my credit balance and that they contact me via email to let me know when i should give the meter readings.

Back in October / November i noticed that my electricity readings were spiking and although OVO's system is supposed to tell you when things look unusual, they never told me anything. I, called them to ask about this and they said that they had noticed this since September. How nice of them to let me know!!

Long story, short, they arranged for my meter to be changed in December and said it would take approx. 3 months to register the new meter and check how it is working. After that billing of my electricity usage would commence again. I'm currently coming to the end of May and i am still not being billed for my electric usage. Every time i ask about when the billing will commence i get the same ridiculous response that the Metering team is chasing up the registration of my meter but they admit to the fact that it is taking far longer than it should. The last conversation i had with one of the customer services reps she said "it's a good thing you are building up a credit balance so you can eventually pay your bill when it does come through". She promised to talk to the Metering team and get back to me....but still no call.

Does anyone know what i can do to resolve my issue quicker?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shame on OVO

When I transferred my supplies from OVO to EON early last December, I received an interim final statement showing the agreed final gas reading after ~ 8 days. HOWEVER, it took another 5 weeks to receive the final, Final account because of delays in the electricity reading being verified. The credit I was due, appeared in the bank account on the same day. So, overall ~43 days after readings supplied. Most of this delay was down to EON's IT issues . Who have you switched to ??
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2015 at 12:35PM
    Options
    sschandoo wrote: »
    . . . Does anyone know what i can do to resolve my issue quicker?
    I don't know whether it will speed up resolution but I suggest you escalate your enquiry into a formal complaint so that it is dealt with as such. It should then be dealt with more seriously but if not, after eight weeks you can refer the matter to the Ombudsman Services: Energy for resolution.

Fortunately, as it is summer, you are not likely to be building up a huge debt whilst the problem is dealt with. Submit your meter readings regularly and also keep your own records of them. You should be able to keep tabs on roughly what your account balance is by preparing your own statements each month - they won't necessarily be absolutely accurate but they should be close enough to give you a heads up if you're heading into debt.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Ratty-of-Rugby
    Options
    Hi,

Have been with Ovo a year now, had no problems with the switch. I really like the online interface and for this reason I have chosen to stay with Ovo for a second year as the difference with the cheapest is only £150.

Ratty
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 June 2015 at 1:45PM
    Options
    I am not happy with Ovo this week. I signed up at the end of May but only received the info pack on Monday 1st June. I decided that I didn't want to make the switch and tried to cancel. There shouldn't be a problem as my cooling off period lasts until Mon 8th. What i didn't know was as follows:

Ovo is using a new express transfer system which seems to be having teething problems. I have been told that, due to a technical problem, my transfer process can't be stopped. They accept that I did have the right to cancel but say that it can't be done. There is a reversal procedure but it would take up to 17 weeks to complete.

My grumble doesn't concern the staff members who replied to me. I suspect it is out of their hands and they have tried to help/explain. However I have no way of telling exactly what has happened or who/what is responsible for the errors.

I would really like to hear from anyone else who has been caught up in this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback