Ketone premium taken over £100 with no product! HELP!

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rpage wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in a very similar position. Has anyone been able to speak to a real person?? I've cancelled my trial online, but would a lot better speaking to a person, I want to claim my money back, but without talking to a person this is very hard, I've emailes twice with no reply. please help!!
    Read earlier posts about chargeback.

Also read MSE's article on the subject...
  • sophiebj2
    Options
    I have now received 2 emails in response from them, the first informing me that I had finished the trial period but offering it to me for half price (it seemed like the standard email they sent to all contumers disputing) to which I replied with a rather blunt email asking them to read my email properly and provide me with an answer which actually related to my query!
    they replied with an apologetic email, blaming royal mail and offering to resend the product. what I want is a refund! if they refuse to give this do I still have the right to send it back unopened within 7 days of receipt for a full refund?
    for anyone searching ketone wondering whether to try it.... dont!!!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2013 at 8:41PM
    Options
    sophiebj2 wrote: »
    I have now received 2 emails in response from them, the first informing me that I had finished the trial period but offering it to me for half price (it seemed like the standard email they sent to all contumers disputing) to which I replied with a rather blunt email asking them to read my email properly and provide me with an answer which actually related to my query!
    they replied with an apologetic email, blaming royal mail and offering to resend the product. what I want is a refund! if they refuse to give this do I still have the right to send it back unopened within 7 days of receipt for a full refund?
    for anyone searching ketone wondering whether to try it.... dont!!!
    Why are you still insisting on talking to them?
    If I were you I would just ignore them now.

You have already informed your bank that you expect a chargeback to be successful... just wait patiently.

It is less than a week ago that you bank told you they would investigate.
  • sophiebj2
    Options
    I received a letter from my banking asking for proof that I had done my best to resolve the matter so I thought I was doing myself a favour trying to sort it out with ketone.
    if it would be better to stop all contact now I have disputed it with the bank then I shall do that, I will just have to forward my bank a copy of the email as that is the only proof I have of any purchase as they sent me no confirmation email!
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    dalesrider wrote: »
    Best to resolve is a copy of the Sorry but royal mail email..... Or write the date of the call.

Anything after that is not worth sending.

Visa do not require this proof when 1st starting the dispute. Only if the retailer contests.

All we do is write the info on the chargeback electronic chargeback form and hit send.

End of the day it is upto the retailer to provide proof that the goods arrived in 15 days from the date of debit.
    If they can't do that then they have not got a leg to stand on.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • sophiebj2
    Options
    Ok I will just deal with nationwide (my building society) now then. I did not pay for the items until 23/01 but did pay postage 2 weeks before that which should prove when I ordered it. it's nearly been 2 weeks since I paid now anyway and still no goods!!
    thank you all for your help and sorry for being so clueless! :)
  • jeanb13
    Options
    Hi this is my first post and I am hoping someone can give me some advice too.
    I have never fallen for this type of advert before but was taken in with its so called endorsment from GMTV ect. and sent for the free trail I did not get a confirmation email, however within 30 minutes of placing my order I realized how stupid I have been and emailed them to cancel free trail and any further supplies and Not to debit my card, they sent automated reply saying they would get back in 72hours (my card was debited within 24 hours)
    I have since emailed them numerous times but had only an automated reply.I have tried to ring but only get automated responce and as I had no confirmation order number I was told to email which I did again automated reply
    Then the Free samples arrived(within 24 hours) with no invoice or return address so no way of being able to return them within 14days .I rang my bank who can't do anything until the next payment is taken and then they will investigate.I rang Royal mail to see if they can give me a senders address but they can't.If I cancel my card will there be any come back on me if I receive further supplies even though I have emailed to cancel and does anyone have an address for these people .Thanks for taking the time to read this.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    jeanb13 wrote: »
    Hi this is my first post and I am hoping someone can give me some advice too.

Plenty in previous posts.
    however within 30 minutes of placing my order

Top of the class. You have done all you need to do.
    I rang my bank who can't do anything until the next payment is taken and then they will investigate.

Spot on. you have to take the hit on the P&P and you agreed to that.
    If I cancel my card will there be any come back on me if I receive further supplies even though I have emailed to cancel

Do not bother. It will not stop them from debiting.
    and does anyone have an address for these people .Thanks for taking the time to read this.

If anything arrives and is not signed for just put it back in a post box. With return to sender on it. (there own fault for sending something no longer required. Or simply bin it....
    If it has to be signed for then advise the courier that you will not take and to return to sender.

Do not bother trying to contact them again.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • chels88_2
    Options
    The same has happened to me. I do not check my bank often and today I have noticed that they took £75.00 and £37.50 out on 21.01.13! I cancelled my subscription and have a confirmation email which also says they products have been dispatched (app this happens immediately according to the email!). I never received the goods and had actually forgotten about it because I'd cancelled it.

What can I do? I've emailed them asking for an explanation but doubt I will get a reply. I can't afford to have £112.50 plus P+P taken from me - especially if I haven't got anything for it!
  • sophiebj2
    Options
    Hello all! I just received an email from ketone saying they are refunding me the £70 & £37.50!! Assuming that's because my bank sorted it!
    THANK YOU ALL for you patience, help and advice!!!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport