Forum Home » Consumer Rights

Ketone premium taken over £100 with no product! HELP! - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Ketone premium taken over £100 with no product! HELP!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
101 replies 15.4K views

Replies

• RPage wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in a very similar position. Has anyone been able to speak to a real person?? I've cancelled my trial online, but would a lot better speaking to a person, I want to claim my money back, but without talking to a person this is very hard, I've emailes twice with no reply. please help!!

Stop wasting anymore time and effort.

make a note of the date you cancelled. if they debit again ring bank and advise them of this date. Or do it now so its noted on your account.
    Should they debit again its a simple call to the bank to advise and refund straight back to your account while the bank returns the payment to the retailer on the basis it has been cancelled.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • ZoboZobo Forumite
    11 posts
    Hi, I have just rang my bank, I have had to stop my card, although I have used their 'so-called automated phone/email service' that has said my subscription has been cancelled they have already taken over £100. My bank have said I have to wait 15 days then they raise a dispute and then they try to get the money back, I feel such a fool, this will be reported to the Police next, it is a complete con and fraud, even if you read the 'small print' it says if you cancel within 14 days you shouldn't get charged, I cancelled 5 days after I heard wind of it being a con. Never again! :(
    Zobo :A
  • Zobo wrote: »
    even if you read the 'small print' it says if you cancel within 14 days you shouldn't get charged, I cancelled 5 days after I heard wind of it being a con. Never again! :(

So did you cancel within the 14 days?

If so then your bank have to refund any payments after that date as you cancelled the CPA.

Or did you cancel before the 2nd debits?

If so then your bank have to refund any payments after that date as you cancelled the CPA. (providing that date is prior to the auth date)
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • edited 30 January 2013 at 6:05PM
    Ch17Ch17 Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 30 January 2013 at 6:05PM
    I'm experiencing a similar problem. (I did receive both bottles however)

I bought it from web and they managed to charge me the £2 for each trial bottle (see it on my statement). To get out of the agreement you have to opt to pay 50% of both bottles or send your order back. So I opted to pay the 50% and cancel my subscription. They keep emailing me saying I haven't got enough money in my account so they'll try again on "date". I spoke to customer services at my bank (i used to work for them) who said it wasn't because I had no money, it's coz they've missed the security code from back of card or they're not using the code. I've emailed them 3 times to tell them this and asked them to confirm they have correct details (surely they should have considering they managed to get the original £2 off me). It's like they're refusing to read my emails and respond to what I'm actually saying. Instead they're winding me clean up by constantly sayin "Dear customer we tried to take the funds but you didn't have the funds available". I've threatened to close my bank account but don't want to get chucked in jail or something!! They've emailed me but their replies always fall on the day they're trying to call for the money again so I get the stupid email telling me I didn't have the funds! In between that I've emailed to tell them the problem but they won't acknowledge said emails! Can I cancel my card and block their email address?! Or am I breaking the law. I've kept all emails and times I've tried to phone them but got their stupid automated service (you're right you never speak to an advisor as it rings out and goes to automated woman).
  • Ch17 wrote: »
    it's coz they've missed the security code from back of card or they're not using the code. I've emailed them 3 times to tell them this and asked them to confirm they have correct details

They do not need the CVV to process the transaction. (poor staff training at your previous employer)
    In fact on a CPA it is a non requirement.
    Ch17 wrote: »
    Instead they're winding me clean up by constantly sayin "Dear customer we tried to take the funds but you didn't have the funds available". I've threatened to close my bank account but don't want to get chucked in jail or something!!.

Just ignore the emails.

They can't get you chucked in jail, neither can they take you to court over non payment or wreck your credit references.

Look on it a a good wind that has left the co with some stupid staff... :rotfl:
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • edited 31 January 2013 at 12:28PM
    TinkertoesTinkertoes Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 31 January 2013 at 12:28PM
    This has happened to me too. I am absolutely disgusted that people can get away with this. This company sells it's products and adverstises on so many other websites including having Fox News and Nigella Lawson suggesting us to try this product. How dishonest to take money from peoples account, like they did with me and I cancelled my order as instructed on the automated phone line. I have kept all the emails, but what they seem to do is not reply to the first email and then when they take the £100 they then respond to any subsequent email. saying that they are looking into it and please allow 48 hrs.
    Well 48hrs have passed and i sent them a copy of another complaint from a customer who has experienced the same thing and they responded back saying that I have a ticket number and they will get back in 72 hrs.
    I am not happy about this. What can be done, can they not be exposed on the television just like they were promoted (Fox NEWS)
  • Tinkertoes wrote: »
    I cancelled my order as instructed on the automated phone line. I have kept all the emails, but what they seem to do is not reply to the first email and then when they take the £100 they then respond to any subsequent email.

I am not happy about this. What can be done, can they not be exposed on the television just like they were promoted (Fox NEWS)

As you cancelled with them. Then anything htey take after that date can be claimed back by your bank/card provider.

So stop messing with emails to the company. Contact the bank.
    Ask for the disputes department.
    Have the date you cancelled to hand and you will get a refund STRAIGHT back to your account.
    As you have cancelled the agreement.

As to Fox and the like. One co had the cheek to claim as featured on BBC....
    Well people just read that wrong as you are with Fox tv....

Its the fact they have been outed with their practices.

People seem to be daft enough to think because it says Fox or BBC that they must be good.... :rotfl:
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • It seems Ketone Premium is running a scam. I signedfor the free trisl and paid for postage. When I received my goods, I cancekled and sent them back. Ketone zpremium went on toom £37 from my acvount. I made the call like everyone else and receiver phone. I sent an email as directed but no reslonse. Today they have taken £75 from my account.

I'll call the bank but I don't think it will help becsuse they have my card number. I will call the consumer standards.

Why would itvadvertise for such a company? ITV's advert convinced me. I had never engaged in such but trustinv itv, I did.

Helppppppp
  • Lombina wrote: »
    I'll call the bank but I don't think it will help becsuse they have my card number. I will call the consumer standards.

Helppppppp

Read my previous posts.....
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • I must say I too am one of those who got fooled. Just wondering, after you cancel the accounts with them and they will charge you the X pounds. Then from your bank account would not go any further payments on their behalf? Or does anyone have a different experience?

I mean something like next month and you can see on your bank statement they require another X pounds payment again.

This is my big concern. I am plannig to cancel my curent card. But it will take like month or two so I am worried that they will charge me next month too.:wall:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support