PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Recipes for fresh pineapple & Quick questions?

Options

Comments

• penrith
    penrith Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    I liked the idea of a Hawaiian party :D

I went for lightly blending some of it and then putting it in the fridge to have with ice-cream for pudding tonight.

Rest of it is blended to smithereens in the blender, divided it up into freezer bags and bunged into the freezer. Can defrost a bag at a time and throw it into a sweet and sour.

Thanks for the advice.
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    regarding the herbs and spices here is what I have in my cupboard (that I actually use!) I have added a star * at the begining to show the ones I use most often.

*chilli powder and/or chilli flakes (the flakes work well in stirfrys to add a little heat)
    *Paprika
    *black pepper (only grind what you need)
    *sea salt
    tumeric
    cumin (great with chilli to make chilli con carne)
    cinamon (cinamon toast.........yum........... :rotfl: )
    nutmeg (for use in white sauces - whole is better as lasts longer)
    *cloves

always have stock cubes on hand - not as organised as most on this board! and use beef, veg and chicken. I prefer oxo, but that's a personal preference.

I also have mixed herbs, basil, thyme in the cupboard and in the freezer I keep lemon grass and rosemary.

HTH
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • sarah1
    sarah1 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    How about pineapple fritters.
    Core pineapple then slice it up, dip in batter mix and deep fry. they are cooked when they float. ;)
    serve with ice cream and golden syrup, they are gorgeous i wish i had some right now. :mad:
    You can also do this with bananas. Yummy
  • KTFrugal
    KTFrugal Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    You can do this with frozen fruit, the lemons will provide enough pectin to get a set (freezing reduces setting ability)

3lb chopped pineapple
    Zest and juice of 1 lemon, pips and pith reserved and tied in a cloth bag
    3lb sugar

Put all ingredients into a jam pan. Heat slowly until the sugar dissolves.
    Bring to a boil, simmer 30-40 minutes till setting point is reached (do the wrinkle test on a frozen china plate)
    Skim off any scum, remove the bag of pips and pith, pot up into sterilised jars.
  • I really like pineapple Salsa(you can do it with mango too). Dice your mango, with red or yellow pepper, maybe some cucumber, add a good squeeze of lime or lemon juice and the magic ingredient f you have any is fresh coriander. I am sure it would be lovely and fresh tasting even without though. Serve with chicken or pork chops.
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got a deal in sainsburys yesterday. Pineapple's reduced to £1 and they were on buy one get one free.

I would like to make some sort of cake. If anyone has a nice pineapple cake recipe and would like to share it with me I would be very pleased :D

Not too difficult :o

Thank you
  • manicdays
    Options
    I bought one yesterday cheap in lidls. I am going to chop it & eat it!!!

Ho help to you whatsoever, just thought I'd give you some useless info!!!!

Lisa x
    MoneyBox savings £30.37 (10/05/06)
    Now at................£54.50(07/06/06)

:j :j :j :beer: :beer: :T

Bank account RBS in the black

Bank account Lloyds in the RED :mad:
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    Pineapple Drizzle maple syrup on pineapple slices and broil until brown. Serve plain or with yogurt.that sounds nice

Fresh Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya, :)

We have an older thread on that should be of great help to you so i'll merge the two together.

Since posts are listed in date order you'll need to read from the beginning to catch up :)

Best of luck.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you squeaky. Im going to try the one with pinapple on the bottom then cake mixture on top

Thanks for finding it for me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport