Marks & Spencer Current Acccount £100 giftcard

Options

Comments

• innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you are eligible if you were eligible before.

http://bank.marksandspencer.com/pdf/CPSwitchingTermsAndConditions.pdf
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this.

The £100 giftcard was to open up the account. The requirement to switch the account did not exist at that time. It states £100 is for the 1st time you switch your account.

It also says - Only one £50 M&S Gift card will be given per Qualifying Account (including those opened in joint names) in any 12 months.

So based on this I should qualify by April?

MS
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I didn't think you did but if you think you do, why don't you.
  • starM
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    I didn't think you did but if you think you do, why don't you.

Well I need to be sure that I am eligible for it from April. Opening up the account, switching the account will be total waste of time.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    well on p.19 of the terms it says to get the £100 card "you must not have previously used the current account service or submitted a switching your standing orders direct debit form us for any of your m and s current accounts whether or not they are currently open in order to be eligible for the offer."

It doesn't mention 12 months. in the current account m an d s bank leaflets by the till.so guess if you've ever used the switching service no incentive.

but to get the £50 one it says "only one £50 gift card will be given per qualifying account in any 12 months." so you may get the £50 if not the £100
  • starM
    edited 23 February 2014 at 8:32PM
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    well on p.19 of the terms it says to get the £100 card "you must not have previously used the current account service or submitted a switching your standing orders direct debit form us for any of your m and s current accounts whether or not they are currently open in order to be eligible for the offer."

It doesn't mention 12 months. in the current account m an d s bank leaflets by the till.so guess if you've ever used the switching service no incentive.

but to get the £50 one it says "only one £50 gift card will be given per qualifying account in any 12 months." so you may get the £50 if not the £100

For my previous account with M&S which was closed in April 2013. I did not use switching service. Account switch requirement did not exist at that time.

As the T&C states £100 will be offered for customers who has not used switching service previously.

So if apply in April and conditions remain the same then the way I understand I should qualify £50 to open & £100 to switch.

If someone understand this differently then please let me know.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    yes sounds as if you should be ok then!!!
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I switch a basic bank account?

I have a basic Solo debit card account with Halifax, it has no DD or credits going in to it but I want to keep my other current account as I get £5 a month
  • koenig
    koenig Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With the latest offer for a £100 giftcard to switch to their current account, it doesn't specify in the t+d's how many direct debits or standing orders are required to be transferred. So could I just create a one or two standing orders to myself on a current account I don't use, then switch that?
  • vouch0r
    vouch0r Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    koenig wrote: »
    With the latest offer for a £100 giftcard to switch to their current account, it doesn't specify in the t+d's how many direct debits or standing orders are required to be transferred. So could I just create a one or two standing orders to myself on a current account I don't use, then switch that?

yes. mentioned a few times already.

recieved my £100 now ... chuffed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family