Marks & Spencer Current Acccount £100 giftcard

Options

Comments

• surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    richardmk think we're hoping to get a flashy card and a £100 M and S vouchers!!
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    all my paperwork through so seems to be all opened ok. just wait for the £100 card then!

The man on the phone told me that the set of vouchers for cofee etc will be due in May, so may be worth waiting till then to cancel. Probably depend when the £15 charge is due and when the May vouchers are due. It's all a bit of a mystery!!
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    well today received my birthday treat and it'S a cream tea for 2 in the m and s cafe. very nice too!!

Anyone know when the quarterly coupons arrive? the man on the phone told me may is the next time.
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi surfsister, got my paperwork today and well done on getting a nice free cream tea. Do you have any indication when you might receive the £100 gift voucher? My paperwork doesn't refer to it at all even though the account was opened by end February.
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lulu650 wrote: »
    Hi surfsister, got my paperwork today and well done on getting a nice free cream tea. Do you have any indication when you might receive the £100 gift voucher? My paperwork doesn't refer to it at all even though the account was opened by end February.

Well in the terms it says "the £100 M&S gift card will be sent to eligible customers within 28 days of account opening." but I haven't had mine yet!

The birthday treat was triggered when I paid some money in so maybe that would work? I've written to ask when the £100 will be paid. Let you know.
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    My £100 card arrived a few days ago, I opened my account quite early in February. Also had 2 lots of coffee vouchers turn up plus a free canvas shopping bag.

I haven't paid anything into the account. Have written to them to close it and asked if I need to pay any charges, as I haven't even received a statement yet! No reply yet.
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    Options
    This account sounds terribly civilised. A posh debit card and cream teas. you dont get that with First Direct.

What does the M&S debit card look like?
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    What does the M&S debit card look like?

There's an entire video about it:

http://bank.marksandspencer.com/explore/bank-tv/overview/?aysvid=403_1809682584001&id=1814744277001

A hideous pile of crap if you ask me, but that's just me.
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    today had two £10 vouchers off clothing/shoes/beauty/lingerie and home items but no £100 gift-card cheque book or deposit book!!
    so, so far 2 cream teas (birthday gift) and £20 coupons!

If I get the £100 card I will be very satisfied!! Let you know.
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »
    My £100 card arrived a few days ago, I opened my account quite early in February. Also had 2 lots of coffee vouchers turn up plus a free canvas shopping bag.

I haven't paid anything into the account. Have written to them to close it and asked if I need to pay any charges, as I haven't even received a statement yet! No reply yet.

I think all statements are online??? anyone know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure