Marks & Spencer Current Acccount £100 giftcard

Options

Comments

• lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    ....anyone a premium club member?? any idea what it is??
    Appears to be a club where you spend £15 per month in order to get some vouchers and free coffee.

Just applied online last night and it timed out when I needed to check some information. Thought I'd phone through and was kept waiting for 20mins. Have now applied successfuly online and just waiting for confirmation.
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lulu650 wrote: »
    Appears to be a club where you spend £15 per month in order to get some vouchers and free coffee.

Just applied online last night and it timed out when I needed to check some information. Thought I'd phone through and was kept waiting for 20mins. Have now applied successfuly online and just waiting for confirmation.

thanks for the info!!

A very nice lady range me today to check my details and say it's all go go go!!!
  • Jules2012
    Jules2012 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty sad but I do like the look of the debit card with this account lol
    Bad luck breeds bad luck.

Damn I'm doomed.
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jules2012 wrote: »

lol! looking forward to getting mine now!!
  • richardmk
    richardmk Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    The terms of the account say; Vouchers will be valid until the date stated on each individual voucher or until the date at which you cease to hold the product if it is cancelled. This benefit is provided per M&S Premium Current Account.
    If you open the account to get the vouchers/gift card, will it be cancelled at the point you close the account ?
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't think that means the gift card, I think that means the vouchers you get as part of the account (i.e. the drinks and treats ones).
  • rorelain
    Options
    This is what I have been lead to believe through a talk with a member of M&S Bank.
    The premier club, is an addition to those with a credit card. benefits include family travel insurance, monthly tea/coffee vouchers, a birthday treat, four vouchers per year towards a seasonal item, and 3 points per pound spent in M&S.the monthy fee is really covering the insurance. all the others a freebie benefits and are worth far more than the fee IF USED!

The new bank account they have opened, is in partnership with HSBC, It covers all the benefits of the premium club, but you will only get One point on any MandS spending. I have been told that if you use the credit card and then pay off with the bank card, you will get an extra point, but I doubt this is true.
    The 100£ voucher is sent on completion of account. Money must be put in the account for the fees to be taken out.
    I suggest reading Terms and cons before doing anything.
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    terms state "we will send you a £100 m and s gift card once we have opened a m and s premier current account where you apply between 7 jan and 28 feb and is accepted by us and the account is not closed for any reason, or we have not received an instruction to close the account within 21 days of opening."

if you close your qualifying account within 12 months you will be asked to return all your UNUSED m ans vouchers which were issued to you.

So maybe to be on the safe side use any vouchers received immediately!! good luck it's worth a punt!
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jules2012 wrote: »

yes just received mine and is the best one in my purse!!!
  • richardmk
    richardmk Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Don't pay £15 p/m just for a flashy card. If you would have had lots of coffees at Marks and regularly spend in store and the benefits outweight the charges then thats cool, otherwise spend the gift card and look for an account that pays you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure