Marks & Spencer Current Acccount £100 giftcard

Options

Comments

• madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    I think all statements are online??? anyone know.

Ah, we'll at least that would explain why I didn't get one. Didn't really look into it as I had no intention of actually using the account!

Anyway, I received a letter from them saying I needed to give a months notice and £33.75 was required to close the account & this figure was valid for 30 days. Put a cheque in the post to them today. Job done and £33.75 turned into £100. :)
  • digiland_2
    digiland_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »
    Ah, we'll at least that would explain why I didn't get one. Didn't really look into it as I had no intention of actually using the account!

Anyway, I received a letter from them saying I needed to give a months notice and £33.75 was required to close the account & this figure was valid for 30 days. Put a cheque in the post to them today. Job done and £33.75 turned into £100. :)

Hi there
    When you wrote to them did you use the online messaging service or send a letter in the post?
    Thanks
  • madgagoo
    Options
    digiland wrote: »
    Hi there
    When you wrote to them did you use the online messaging service or send a letter in the post?
    Thanks

Wrote them a letter. To Kings drive, Chester if memory serves!
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Well I got x2 £10 vouchers. I rang M&S last week + visited their branch. They said it taking 6 weeks to send out Gift cards. They said if I don't received it by Thursday of this week give them a call and they will chase it up.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »

why £33.75 and not £30??
  • madgagoo
    Options
    surfsister wrote: »
    why £33.75 and not £30??

Haven't really questioned it. I guess that the account was open for slightly more than 30 days. Working it out it must have been about 5 weeks = £18.75, plus £15 for 30 days notice.
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I see madgagoo

I just rang M and S and they said the £100 card was sent out weeks ago and must be lost on the post! lol! I wonder how many are lost so far! Also my cheque and deposit book were sent out a month ago!! So not doing that well so far!
  • digiland_2
    Options
    Got my £100 gift card yesterday, telephoned to close and was grilled as to why I wanted to go so soon. They did eventually agree to close with one months notice. Will not be calling when my partners gift card comes on his account, will go for the easier route and write a letter. Very happy with £100 gift card, 16 drinks vouchers, £20 shopping vouchers and shopping bag all for around £37.50 in fees.
  • surfsister
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    yes my £100 card came today with a shopping bag to match the visa debtit card and 4 drinks vouchers worth £2.65 each.

So happy so far:

£100 card
    2 cream teas (£10)
    4 drinks £9.30
    2 x £10 clothes/shoes etc vouchers

worth £140

I still can't use the account as no cheque book or deposit book or security details!!! perhaps this is the new banking M & S talk about where they stop you spending any money!! but keep giving you giftcards and coupons! lol!
  • Glastoun
    Glastoun Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Opened my account around 20th February, and the gift card came today, along with the fairly cheap looking shopping bag and some bonus drinks vouchers. Called to close it last week, and the woman sounded very disappointed - apparently it was the first one she'd put through. Probably won't be the last...

"We hope you're enjoying new-fashioned banking" - I certainly am, with First Direct. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure