We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Super short Sunday Shuffle...
    It's a mess.  YNAB has changed its rules so is refusing to allow me to allocate as I actually want to this month and catch up next month when I get my work expenses back, it has somehow got £100 out of sync with CC payments anyway and I'm switching accounts soon so am fed up with it and going to do a fresh start next week. 
    Also ordered a pressure washer - an expensive one as want to use for the van, decking and patio so checked the Which recommendations and went with one of the best buys.  I did think about waiting but everyone will be buying them this time of year and I want to use the time off to do at least some work on the garden. 
    It will all even out next month, just need to keep an eye on accounts til then as I'm not quite sure of my YNAB tracking any more. 
    More tbc at fresh start, hope all is well out there (as it can be, fingers crossed for lockdown easing)
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Pressure washer sounds a good investment to be honest and once you have it you will use it more often than you think. Boo to YNAB not allowing the creative accounting 😂

Sometimes it's good to reset and have a fresh start to remove the frustration. 

Any thoughts on names for the pup?
    Sam x

Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Pressure washer sounds a good investment to be honest and once you have it you will use it more often than you think. Boo to YNAB not allowing the creative accounting 😂

Sometimes it's good to reset and have a fresh start to remove the frustration. 

Any thoughts on names for the pup?
    Sam x

Pup knows her name - I won't put it on here but you're welcome to PM me - and is settling in... currently doing zoomies around the downstairs :D<3

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Oh how lovely :# enjoy yourselves  B)
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Oh how lovely :# enjoy yourselves  B)
    :D  she's very good - settling in nicely, we have a mad moment in morning, afternoon and evening but only short. 

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Sounds really brilliant  B) think of all those long mindful walks you can have  :wink:
    Mad moments are lovely memories too 😁 
    Hope your not doing too much and hopeful you can get some time off soon. 

Sam x

🌟
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh I love that you have a dog, absolutely LOVE It. XXX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Sam, I have time off now - much needed for settling puppy!  More relaxing soon as we get into a routine. 
    Buffy, I am loving it too - totally altering my routine, but for the better I hope. 
    Mindful walks coming soon even if short to begin with (pup can go further as she grows up). 

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    Aaarrgh nothing ever goes in the order planned does it... washing machine is leaking :angry: so that is likely to take up money this month rather than further down the line.  Sigh. 
    On the bright side I have done some work that progresses one of the bedrooms, started to arrange things for getting work done once lockdown allows, and made some tweaks to the garden.  More reshuffling of stuff tomorrow, and I will start to both plant out the few garden things I brought with me and to rather belatedly put in some seeds for bedding plants.  I don't fancy trying the garden centres as soon as they reopen, so will leave other garden related things a while longer, but it's nice to feel I'm getting somewhere. 
    YNAB still looks a disaster and I'm still spending money on the pup - mostly little things I didn't think of like an appropriately washable storage box for her toys, etc - I figure simplest to get as much as possible sorted now.  Hopefully things will untangle a bit this month.  Doesn't spring feel like the start of new things this year?
    RB xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Rosa,
    I've found a bit of time to catch up on diaries.  I was reading Sam's from September 2020 and found the cake you laid out for me.  That was so lovely of you, thank you.  Plus, I had been house hunting around that time!  I've just made myself a tea to go with the cake (it was so well wrapped up) and am going to sit and catch up with things with you now.

MTx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure