We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Not my month either April, I am hemorrhaging savings  :| but I will get there.

Works going OK but hectic. 

Stay strong  B)<3

Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope this week is better for you RB

Xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £534.4 (5/24)

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Rosa, that's a good idea with the videos.  I will put some time aside when I can to go through some of them.  For now, I'm just going with keeping the accounts up to date and will figure the rest out as I go along.

I'm sorry you've had to look at personal boundaries so quickly after we're coming out of lockdown.  That's a difficult situation.  I hope it all goes ok.

There's the saying, "the more people I meet, the more I love my dog".  Maybe you need that as a shirt? 😊
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Rosa, that's a good idea with the videos.  I will put some time aside when I can to go through some of them.  For now, I'm just going with keeping the accounts up to date and will figure the rest out as I go along.

I'm sorry you've had to look at personal boundaries so quickly after we're coming out of lockdown.  That's a difficult situation.  I hope it all goes ok.

There's the saying, "the more people I meet, the more I love my dog".  Maybe you need that as a shirt? 😊

Thanks MT

It is a shame about the boundaries situation but it wasn't unexpected, more a last straw kind of thing.  I have tried to be kind and always end up disappointed so I think it's time to reset, and not engage more than the minimum. 

At this point I think what I need is a t shirt that says 'yes it's a puppy but STILL COVID'... omg people lean in to touch pup even when asked not to! 
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Yes I agree with you.. Nice that they love the pup but aaarrgghh COVID and your safety!! 

Leaving some treats for you 🍫🍫

Left two in case someone comes in and snaffles one 😁

Hope your not working and studying too hard!! 

Sam x
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Yes I agree with you.. Nice that they love the pup but aaarrgghh COVID and your safety!! 

Leaving some treats for you 🍫🍫

Left two in case someone comes in and snaffles one 😁

Hope your not working and studying too hard!! 

Sam x

Thanks Sam

All good here, work has calmed down a bit and I have tomorrow mostly off so might make a bit of progress on house stuff! 
    Treats much appreciated <3
    RB xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I did a fresh start on YNAB, having got totally lost on !!!!!! was going on with my credit cards.  It didn't seem to understand a balance transfer at all so I gave up. 
    And suddenly my finances make sense again!  I've cleared the remainder of the previous 0% card, and paid the balance of the points one in full.  Budgeted to knock £100 off the new 0% for now, budgeted for the house clearance work coming up, and still have a chunk of money available for more work on the house which I will look at again later in the month. 
    I was expecting a chunk of overtime money which still hasn't turned up so I've complained about that and am hoping it may turn up in the next paycheque.  It can go towards work on the house.  It really feels like things are turning a corner as we get settled with puppy and I have some assurance from work that I can continue working WFH so longer term is looking good too. 
    Meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow and beginning to hope I can make plans for visitors!  hope all is well with you all out there. 

RB xx

• moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad all is well, hope you had a lovely lunch out. Always nice and being fed at the same time saves cooking and washing up  o:)

I've just been paying out for boiler service, window cleaner also gardening help and it adds up so quickly. At least all these things are at a level where I can now just do a little maintenance rather than horrific big jobs. 
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Belated and super quick shuffle report... not really anything to add! 
    I think I've untangled YNAB so it all makes sense... it looks like part of my mistake was allowing it to put credit card refunds back in the relevant category, when they actually need to go in To Be Budgeted (which I guess is fair as the funds are free again). 
    Storecard and small CCs are zeroed, which leaves me with one CC, the van loan (now only a year to go - what a waste, tbh, haven't been able to use it in pandemic as even when other people could go on holiday I was working - not worth paying it faster as it was a low interest rate) and a need to build up savings again. 
    I've budgeted for another window blind out of this month's money and there is still some in the pot for other house and garden work. Now that things are clearer, I'm hoping the next couple of months may cover the majority of what's needed.  Puppy costs are also hopefully mostly sorted now. 
    Finally managed to get things back to Arg0s for a refund after months, and looking forward to taking other homewares stuff back as it will mean I can wander round the shop at the same time  :)  ... and I can go back to budgeting for coffee and dinner out!  <3 [where are the dancing girl emojis hiding these days?]
    RB xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm sure the van hasn't been a waste,  it's ready and waiting for when you can get good use of it.  I imagine with lots of people looking to stay in the UK more vans are at a premium. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family