Balancing not just the budget

1235236237238239241»

Comments

• One thing... still reading wardrobe book

MS wins... finally got selfie stick to work without buying new battery; decided I may have enough old paint to do the bathroom so it will look better (not good, but better) til I can afford to get it redone properly.  Decided boots are not quite right so ordering another size and some heeled ones to try. 

MS fails... Can't think of any today

Frogs... located and sorted selfie stuff; tidied garden (not entirely a voluntary frog, we have a weather warning, but am astonished how much better it looks out there for 10 minutes of rounding up various bits and hiding them beside the shed :D)

Plans... as before, plus some selfie practice (in aid of dating site profile, not complete vanity!)
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Rosa I always feel quietly astonished at how much of a visual difference you can make just in the space of literally a handful of minutes when the pressure is on! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Rosa I always feel quietly astonished at how much of a visual difference you can make just in the space of literally a handful of minutes when the pressure is on! 
    Yeeesss... and it's as well I did as otherwise matters would probably be worse, but I think Arwen has done for my garden office plans  :( 
  • Oh no! Lots of damage? 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Oh no! Lots of damage? 

Yes - doors off, splits in the walls and floor, literally looks twisted!  :(  .  Not sure it's going to be fixable.  I'll look at the home insurance tomorrow.  I might see if I can get a joiner or builder to look at it too. 

It's not disastrous as I still have the office in the house (thank goodness I hadn't moved any screens or anything in there, it's just being used as a shed over winter after all), the idea was basically that paying a few hundred to fix it up and use it made more sense than paying to have it taken down and away - but I'm upset at having spent so much time on it when that's in such short supply, and having delayed other jobs that could have been prioritised instead. Still, not much to be done about it.    

In the long run it might make more sense to just have it shifted, put off redoing the bathroom and sort the garden from scratch in the spring since it would give me the option of reshuffling everything.  The bathroom is annoying but not critical and could wait til the autumn. 
  • Oh that’s such a shame, not only the time but the hope you’d invested in it too, it’s always a blow when good solid plans like that get trashed through no fault of our own. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as you first think, and will be fixable. And I guess if not then better to know now rather than after you’d fully converted it when it might have meant you’d lost a lot more. 
    she/her
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 December 2021 at 8:27PM
    Sunday shuffle is... I think it's finally time for a new diary! 

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Eeek, sorry to hear about the garden Rosa, a friend's friend found their 15 * 25 garden office 100 down the road, torn right out of it's concrete foundations.

See you on your new diary x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family